NextCruise questions (merged)

Can anyone tell me about the Future Cruise credit (discount, OBC, etc)? We are planning on an October 2008 7 day cruise with 2 balconies. My mother (C&A Diamond member) is sailing back to back cruises in April. How much of a discount would she get? We are trying to decide which is better, the Future Cruise Credit or the WOW sale next Wednesday. Thanks
The wow sale would only be good for non platinum and diamond members. You diamond mom would get $200 on board credit for each of her 7 day back to backs. If she booked the wow promo, she'd lose out.

Diamond discount for balconies or suites for a week is $100 off.
More misinformation in this post than what has already been pointed out. :rolleyes:

Diamond balcony discount for a 6 to 8 night cruise is $200, not $100. $100 is the Platinum balcony discount.

Here is the correct breakdown:

Platinum Balcony discount is,

$50 for 3-5 nights

$100 for 6-8 nights

$200 for 9 nights or above

Diamond and Diamond Plus Balcony discount is,

$100 for 3-5 nights

$200 for 6-8 nights

$300 for 9 nights or above

That is per cabin, not per person.

More misinformation in this post than what has already been pointed out. :rolleyes:

Diamond balcony discount for a 6 to 8 night cruise is $200, not $100. $100 is the Platinum balcony discount.

Here is the correct breakdown:

Platinum Balcony discount is,

$50 for 3-5 nights

$100 for 6-8 nights

$200 for 9 nights or above

Diamond and Diamond Plus Balcony discount is,

$100 for 3-5 nights

$200 for 6-8 nights

$300 for 9 nights or above

That is per cabin, not per person.

I agree. This lady keeps popping in and seems to not have a clue.

Very true Aprille! Thanks for the correct information!

Bear in mind that booking on "non-specific" next cruise on board is only open to US and Canadian Citizens at this time :( :( :(

We are British and were VERY disappointed to find this out (after waiting AGES to see the cruise booking person onboard...) :(

Boo

Bear in mind that booking on "non-specific" next cruise on board is only open to US and Canadian Citizens at this time :( :( :(

We are British and were VERY disappointed to find this out (after waiting AGES to see the cruise booking person onboard...) :(

Boo

Are you sure you can't if you are with a USA TA?

Definitely call them. They should be able to tell you your booking #. Why did you get charged $200. You only had to put 1 name on the booking, thus $100.

We were kind of in a hurry when we met w/the LA. I knew it was $100 per person & he said that we didn't have to do our kids at that time, we could add them on later. I don't think he ever mentioned that it just had to be in one of our names.

My 16 yr old was playing bingo & it was the jackpot round. I really didn't think she would win, but didn't want to not be there to claim her prize if, in fact, she did win. I hurried upstairs & met my husband, filled out the papers, & ran back down to bingo. We only needed 1 more number, but of course we didn't win!!!

Can anyone tell me about the Future Cruise credit (discount, OBC, etc)? We are planning on an October 2008 7 day cruise with 2 balconies. My mother (C&A Diamond member) is sailing back to back cruises in April. How much of a discount would she get? We are trying to decide which is better, the Future Cruise Credit or the WOW sale next Wednesday. Thanks

I answered you on another thread......

It sounds like you have a cruise picked out for ...October. If your mom waits until April to book it for you, the price of the cruise may have gone up which would negate the credit. You would receive $100 OBC for having your mom book onboard. The WOW sale might be a good deal for you because you will receive $100 OBC and a reduced deposit and best price for booking now since you have no C&A status. (I'm guessing):)

The WOW sale is NOT a good deal for your mom. As a Diamond member she will lose her $200 balcony discount and the opportunity to use any coupons for your October cruise. Your mom might want to book now, but not as part of the sale. If the price of your October cruise has not increased by April, she can rebook onboard or purchase a Next Cruise booking for your next family cruise. :D

Boo

Wow, and I too had planned on taking advantage of this Next Cruise option.. I am neither US or Canadian.. I guess it's the same as the online Crown and Anchor coupons which I still cannot access because I am not of the USA/Canada,

Wow, and I too had planned on taking advantage of this Next Cruise option.. I am neither US or Canadian.. I guess it's the same as the online Crown and Anchor coupons which I still cannot access because I am not of the USA/Canada,

Hey, don't be sad. I can't access mine either and I am from the US.

:(

Are you Robert's DW?...what did you think of Alaska?:D

Are you sure you can't if you are with a USA TA?

We were standing in the "next cruise booking" office on the promenade of the Liberty and talked for a couple of minutes with the RCCL member of staff, we said "yes that is what we want to do - book a non-specific cruise". He handed us the form, but it says something on there about being a US/Canadian Citizen. I said to him (fortunately before I filled out the form), "is it a problem that we are not a US/Canadian Citizen". He said "Yes, you have to be for this programme, at the moment". I was not a happy bunny... seemed silly and we had been waiting for some time to see him. So they lost a sale...

So unless the RCCL guy (selling the future cruises) was an idiot, you can't book a NON-SPECIFIC (open) cruise on RCCL's next cruise programme. It is not what TA you use, but your citizenship...

I assume that this probablly doesn't apply if you want to book a SPECIFIC CRUISE (i.e. you know exactly what cruise you want to go on). But we were not in that position (with various things going on next year...). But maybe you can book a specific cruise, then change it later on?

Boo

No, I believe that C&A coupons are probably different. Well I got some through (although they were from C&A UK) and could use them.

I was certainly not impressed by RCCL not allowing non-US/Canadian Citizens onto the Next Cruise Programme... our cruise was TRULY international (passengers from ALL OVER) and RCCL is obviously enjoying and encouraging this - so why do they exclude these valued guests from their new programme??? :(

Boo

but many do not know they can charge tips to their Sea Pass account and the OBC pays the balance.

Just so the original poster doesn't confused by this response, OBC does NOT have to be used for tips. OBC can be used for any type of onboard purchase including but not limited to spa treatments, gift shop purchases, coke cards, wine packages, etc!

Regarding the WOW special, if you qualify for C & A balcony discounts, the WOW special is normally not the best option, but you have to look as your specific sailing details to be sure.

I also looked over the WOW offerings. They were attractive. But with the rule that no other discounts apply, I determined that using my Platinum and soon to be Diamond discounts, and "competing" online TA's, I'll end up with an equal or better cruise fare.

The snail mail crown and anchor coupons I can still get when and IF they remember to mail them out. I am talking about the online coupons, I cannot access it, when I go to the website it says that they are working on it being available to all countries but for now it was only for US and Canada. I even emailed Crown and Anchor and got the same response. So as of now the only Crown and Anchor coupons I can use are those sent by mail..

Sorry, I am not Robert's DW :)

So unless the RCCL guy (selling the future cruises) was an idiot, you can't book a NON-SPECIFIC (open) cruise on RCCL's next cruise programme. It is not what TA you use, but your citizenship...

I assume that this probablly doesn't apply if you want to book a SPECIFIC CRUISE (i.e. you know exactly what cruise you want to go on). But we were not in that position (with various things going on next year...). But maybe you can book a specific cruise, then change it later on?

Boo

I can't answer about the citizenship part but you can definately book a specific cruise, pay the entire deposit ($500 for 7 days for 2 ) and change it to a different cruise as long as you keep the same booking number. I have one that I have changed three times already due to circumstances changing.

Does "next cruise" give the same OBC as specific future cruise?

According to my paperwork, yes

You can also hook up with a TA who gives OBC. My wife and I had almost $600 in OBC when we walked onboard for our last cruise.

Archived