All things Monarch of the Seas

Yeah, now that I am retired, no more suites for us on a now limited budget. ;)

Got a good deal on an "outside cabin" booking just yesterday for the 10/25 sailing.

Just checked again, and the price just went up 60 bucks a person for that cat!!

So....ok, what are my chances for a visit from the upgrade fairy??

Yeah, now that I am retired, no more suites for us on a now limited budget. ;)

Got a good deal on an "outside cabin" booking just yesterday for the 10/25 sailing.

Just checked again, and the price just went up 60 bucks a person for that cat!!

So....ok, what are my chances for a visit from the upgrade fairy??

50/50.....either you will or you won't:p:p

50/50.....either you will or you won't:p:p

:) Cute!! Thanks! ;)

Just in case the 50 percent lands in my direction....should I call RCCL just before we sail?

I have not cruised in so long, I have forgotten how best to get the attention of that wonderous upgrade Fairy??

:) Cute!! Thanks! ;)

Just in case the 50 percent lands in my direction....should I call RCCL just before we sail?

I have not cruised in so long, I have forgotten how best to get the attention of that wonderous upgrade Fairy??

Well,for upgrades they start with the most credits........and work their way down...however on cruises under 5 days,you have to have 75 credits to get an upgrade.....BUT the upgrade fairy has struck in mysterious ways...

Congrats on reaching Platinum. I was so excited when I reached it, then went on the Rhapsody out of Seattle, was really looking forward to sailing by the lines of the "commoners" and going up to the "special" window. Got to the check in area, no lines anywhere, but I went to the platinum area anyway :) Same thing happened on the Oasis last April, no lines, no big advantage. And I also haven't gotten early off perk because other factors over rode. You do get a robe in your room, but it's usually way too hot to use it. I do use the additional internet minutes. My Monarch cruise in Dec will be number 9, if the ship is as good as others say I'll do another quick one to get me to 10 before I book my next 7 day cruise. Course RCL seems to keep changing the perks, expect the Diamond level to be moved up to 25 cruises. They should grandfather in existing members and create new categories going forward. Oh well. I just go with the flow, any cruise is better than a day on shore (unless I'm in Las Vegas).

Fran

Well,for upgrades they start with the most credits........and work their way down...however on cruises under 5 days,you have to have 75 credits to get an upgrade.....BUT the upgrade fairy has struck in mysterious ways...

I would like to clarify this. We just got off a 4 night on Monarch and were booked into a deck 5 OV. Long story short, we had been upgraded without any previous knowledge to a JS (Deck 10 on Monarch). This was our 30 point cruise and we did receive our crystal block of the Monarch. There were over 600 C&A folks this sailing with 3 or 4 couples with over 100 cruises.

Monarch just became 1st in the fleet based on customer surveys. The MDR food was excellent and we had more choices than I remember. The current Singers and Dancers are some of the best we have heard and seen; and Tony and the Orchestra were better than ever!

We highly recommend Monarch for first time cruisers particularly the 4 night!

I would like to clarify this. We just got off a 4 night on Monarch and were booked into a deck 5 OV. Long story short, we had been upgraded without any previous knowledge to a JS (Deck 10 on Monarch). This was our 30 point cruise and we did receive our crystal block of the Monarch. There were over 600 C&A folks this sailing with 3 or 4 couples with over 100 cruises.

Monarch just became 1st in the fleet based on customer surveys. The MDR food was excellent and we had more choices than I remember. The current Singers and Dancers are some of the best we have heard and seen; and Tony and the Orchestra were better than ever!

Glad to see you had such fun on this ship! Going on it on Monday. I was wondering if you knew what they currently had on their room service menu? I have seen it but wonder if it is available on the Monarch. Thank you!

Thank you for that post. It's been a long time since we have sailed the Monarch and we're looking forward to it. We were however getting a little nervious thinking that we may have overdone it a bit. We booked 5 B2B's in November. I figured that if I have to fly to see her, might as well stay for awhile, but not really sure how it turned into that many:eek: After all the great things that you found on your last, I'm looking forward to going more and more. You don't happen to remember if Jackie White was still in the Vicking Crown Lounge do you?

After all the great things that you found on your last, I'm looking forward to going more and more. You don't happen to remember if Jackie White was still in the Viking Crown Lounge do you?

We love the ship and crew so much we are going again in mid December:D:D

Desmond is the lead barman in the Viking Crown. He has been there since we started going on her out of PC. You will have a great time.

To answer the question on the Room Service menu - Sorry we did not use it.

[quote name='BlueSkySailing']It's not a pic. but I found this YouTube clip-it's not me:D but the first 20sec. is what I think you want to see:o

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjx1qoJLyuA[/url]
Happy Cruising!!!!!! and see you on the 25th of Oct.:D[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that was classic!! Little cabin, little peephole into the sea....cute!
That will be me! :)

Thanks for the link. In December I'll be down on deck 2 with a porthole, so that was cute. I watched several other Monarch you tube clips and am really looking forward to seeing this nice "small" ship. It looks nicer than I thought it would be.

I really enjoy the video clips folks post, especially when they are talented and can add music, banners etc. I've gone back and looked at clips for some other ships cruises I've been on, which really bring back great memories. Almost makes me want to buy a video camera, rather than just taking photos :)

Fran

[quote name='clarea']We were on Monarch in late July and Desmond was on vacation. A very nice gentleman named Sylvester was in Viking Crown, and we really enjoyed his service.[/quote]
Desmond is back.........I love Sylvester (more so then desmond) and he is still up there too........but only in the D area when help is needed..

[quote name='Tranquil Waters']Since Monarch has no sea days on its 3-day run does that mean that the MDR is not open for lunch at all on that itenerary? :confused:[/quote]
Thats right..........no MDR open on the 3 night anymore for lunch:(

Archived