All things Monarch of the Seas

[quote name='island lady']Thanks Kathy for the compass.

Do you know if the 4 day is doing Coco Cay first, or Nassau first?
I know there has been some switcheroos going on lately.

The web page on "my reservations" is of course no help...unless we get to stop in
Miami! :D[/quote]
Normally does CocoCay first.........sometimes if the ship cant tender there on Tuesday,they will try to go back on Thursday..

Thanks Kathy,

Does not really matter which day, was just curious, though I hope our weather is good enough to be able to tender at Coco Cay on our upcoming cruise.

I wonder if the ship is having to skip the island during this week's cruises with all this high seas stuff going on right now.

3 hurricanes...yikes.

Glad we have this high pressure over us to steer those bruts back north. :eek:

[quote name='island lady']Thanks Kathy for the compass.

Do you know if the 4 day is doing Coco Cay first, or Nassau first?
I know there has been some switcheroos going on lately.

The web page on "my reservations" is of course no help...unless we get to stop in
Miami! :D[/quote]
For our cruise we are going to Nassau first. RCI made the chance after I made my reservation. I contacted them and their reason was:
[COLOR=Red]There are times where changes are sometimes unavoidable due
to a number of reasons, such as weather or political situations.
Our brochures and our passenger cruise contract reflect that
we may have to change a ship's itinerary for various reasons.
Royal Caribbean International seeks alternate ports whenever
possible for itinerary changes. However, we may not always be
able to secure a specific port due to circumstances beyond our
control, as ports will only allow a specific number of vessels
at any time. We apologize for any inconvenience experienced
due to the change in the planned itinerary for your cruise.

The Monarch of the Seas sailing October 25, 2010 was modified
due to time, speed, and distance concerns.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have
caused.[/COLOR]

[FONT=Verdana]If you check the photo they did relocated Nassau and CocoCay
(but after our cruise they are moving them back to where they belong) and some
how they put Miami into the mix. But when I checked about Miami they said
we are not stopping there.[/FONT]
[IMG]http://www.afn.org/%7Eafn56390/Capture.GIF[/IMG]

[quote name='island lady']Thanks, Go Gator.

Only bad thing about flip flopping those ports
would be some people missing half the day at Cocoa Cay if they stayed out to party too long in Nassau! :eek:

Good thing I go to bed early....I will have morning on the island to myself!! ;)[/quote]
The bad thing is loosing 5 hours in Nassau. And if they don't stop at Cocoa Cay because of seas/weather we will have 2 sea days. :(

Did any of these last cruises involve skipping Coco Cay? At least no direct hurricanes, but the ocean is 'a motion lately with all the large swells from the ones in the distance.

Am currently in Ft. Myers Beach for the week, and finding out that the weather is soon to become rough from a disturbance in the lower gulf.

Did any of these last cruises involve skipping Coco Cay? At least no direct hurricanes, but the ocean is 'a motion lately with all the large swells from the ones in the distance.

Am currently in Ft. Myers Beach for the week, and finding out that the weather is soon to become rough from a disturbance in the lower gulf.

We went on the 4 night on Labor Day (September 6th) and we went into Coco Cay. We average about 50% in getting to tender in.

It was announced while on board that Monarch had become Number 1 in the fleet from customer surveys! Congratulations to the entire crew!!!!

We went on the 4 night on Labor Day (September 6th) and we went into Coco Cay. We average about 50% in getting to tender in.

It was announced while on board that Monarch had become Number 1 in the fleet from customer surveys! Congratulations to the entire crew!!!!

Wow~ they were number 2.........no big surprise......the staff/crew are outstanding..

Very well deserved !! Go Monarch !! :)

You have a month and a half to get rid of all the bad weather before I sail Monarch. Please.

Better be sooner than that!! :eek:

I sail in just over 3 weeks!!

I would leave this beach resort right now, but the darn storm is heading onward to my house in Merritt Island. :(

Here's hoping the storm is well north by this weekend since we depart 10/4! Current projections show it being up near NJ by Friday...

Lindy Sue:

Hoping for calm seas and smooth sailings for you!

Wave in the direction of Grills when you depart. I will be there on the deck cheering you on with favorite Grills Margarita in hand, and trying to point out our cabin location to the DH :D

Archived