All things Monarch of the Seas

SchoolNurseMom - you mention the seas were rockin and rollin... enough for preventative measures for those of us who might become a little "woozy?" :confused: Planning ahead.... have seabands and they have worked for me in the past, but hoping we won't have to use them :D

SchoolNurseMom - you mention the seas were rockin and rollin... enough for preventative measures for those of us who might become a little "woozy?" :confused: Planning ahead.... have seabands and they have worked for me in the past, but hoping we won't have to use them :D

Have you tried powdered ginger capsules? You can find them in a health food store. Be cautious at first. The bottle says two capsules, I would start with one. They can make your stomach a little warm. I don't take the normal drugs because they raise the pressure in your eyes. Not good when you're fighting glaucoma.

We went on the 4 night on Labor Day (September 6th) and we went into Coco Cay. We average about 50% in getting to tender in.

It was announced while on board that Monarch had become Number 1 in the fleet from customer surveys! Congratulations to the entire crew!!!!

Any chance you saved the Cruise Compasses from your trip and would be able to share them?

Thanks much!

KC

CptStcky - Thank you for the suggestion. Will pick up some powdered ginger capsules and take some crystalized ginger as well. Read somewhere that the crystalized ginger will calm the stomach also. Generally the Seabands have worked well for me on smaller ships. Again, I'm keeping a positive attitude and praying the weather will be great for the most part (a little rain now and then is actually quite nice to watch) and the seas smooth!!! Thanks again! ;)

CptStcky - Thank you for the suggestion. Will pick up some powdered ginger capsules and take some crystalized ginger as well. Read somewhere that the crystalized ginger will calm the stomach also. Generally the Seabands have worked well for me on smaller ships. Again, I'm keeping a positive attitude and praying the weather will be great for the most part (a little rain now and then is actually quite nice to watch) and the seas smooth!!! Thanks again! ;)

Hi again Lindy Sue,

I have always been prone to motion sickeness. On my first cruise, I put one of those "patches" behind my ear in advance, as the directions tell you. I was sick and dizzy for the first night. Took the patch out, and was fine the whole rest of the cruise.

It may be of course possible to find your sea legs, and then adjust if seas are not too rough, and then you might be ok.

There is still nothing better than those calm seas to calm the tummy! ;)

So hoping you find those calm seas! :)

Hi again Lindy Sue,

I have always been prone to motion sickeness. On my first cruise, I put one of those "patches" behind my ear in advance, as the directions tell you. I was sick and dizzy for the first night. Took the patch out, and was fine the whole rest of the cruise.

It may be of course possible to find your sea legs, and then adjust if seas are not too rough, and then you might be ok.

There is still nothing better than those calm seas to calm the tummy! ;)

So hoping you find those calm seas! :)

There is one other thing that seems to work well. Cruise more often:D

Hi. First time poster here. I am taking my kid on the monarch of the seas in 2 days and just booked today so this is a last minute surprise cruise. I have looked around but am not having much luck with dining and wondered if anyone had a list of dining options, menus, and a notation as to which are free and which have a surcharge. Also, what kind of snack places are included free and which charge? Thanks for your time.

Island Lady - Thanks for the additional information. Still planning for calm seas!!!

CaptSticky - I think I like your approach/remedy best of all those I've read!!! Cruising more often is definitely the way to get those sea legs!

You are welcome Lindy Sue, and Ditto to that CaptSticky!! :D

Hi. First time poster here. I am taking my kid on the monarch of the seas in 2 days and just booked today so this is a last minute surprise cruise. I have looked around but am not having much luck with dining and wondered if anyone had a list of dining options, menus, and a notation as to which are free and which have a surcharge. Also, what kind of snack places are included free and which charge? Thanks for your time.

There are 3 choices for the MDR (main dining room), early dinner (about 6pm), late dinner (about 8:30om), and My Time Dining, where you can choose your dining time. There is no extra charge for the MDR. You may also eat dinner in Windjammer, the buffet. No extra charge for Windjammer. There is only one specialty restaurant on Monarch, called Jade Steakhouse and Sushi. This is open only for dinner, and is priced per item. A typical dinner with appetizer, salad, and entree would be $15 to $20. There is a snack venue called Sorrento's which serves pizza, cookies, and soft serve ice cream. There is no extra charge for Sorrento's.

There are 3 choices for the MDR (main dining room), early dinner (about 6pm), late dinner (about 8:30om), and My Time Dining, where you can choose your dining time. There is no extra charge for the MDR. You may also eat dinner in Windjammer, the buffet. No extra charge for Windjammer. There is only one specialty restaurant on Monarch, called Jade Steakhouse and Sushi. This is open only for dinner, and is priced per item. A typical dinner with appetizer, salad, and entree would be $15 to $20. There is a snack venue called Sorrento's which serves pizza, cookies, and soft serve ice cream. There is no extra charge for Sorrento's.

And of course don't forget room service. :)

The one thing you won't have to worry about on this ship....going hungry! :eek:

Yes, you are correct, I forgot about room service. We've gotten in the habit of ordering cheese and fruit plates in the afternoon. Very nice. Can't believe I forget it.

To continue the answer to picantel, room service is free except from midnight to 5am when there is a $5 charge per order.

I also forget to mention the coffee and ice cream bar. These are extra cost priced per item.

.... And don't forget the afternoon snacks in the Windjammer! DH loves to go there in the afternoon to get a bowl of ice cream (they also have lots of other great snacks) and it's all included in your cruise fare.

Nice!! Ahh...I can only dream of all the cruises you have been on, nice line up! :)

And here I am just thrilled to make Platinum.

When are you going in October? I am happy to be onboard 10/25.

Happy cruisin!

cruising Oct 18th. we live part time not far from you - Cocoa Beach.

I for the life of me cant remember what deck number the muster drill is held on. Anyone know??

Oh please don't say muster drill. We are doing a multi B2B and I'm sure that they will make us go to it everytime:confused: I guess that we will get to know it pretty well.

Archived