Hotel across from Bayside Marketplace?

lookin4ward

Can somebody tell me the name of the hotel across the street from the Bayside Marketplace in Miami? It is the one where when you get up in the morning and see your ship (if you're lucky) out of the window? Is there any other nice but reasonable hotels in the area? This board is always helpful. Thanks a lot.

Can somebody tell me the name of the hotel across the street from the Bayside Marketplace in Miami? It is the one where when you get up in the morning and see your ship (if you're lucky) out of the window? Is there any other nice but reasonable hotels in the area? This board is always helpful. Thanks a lot.

It's the Holiday Inn

Joanne

We used the Holiday Inn, Port of Miami last year in March for our Valor Cruise. The Holiday Inn is in the best location, right across the street from Bayside Market. Great Hotel with great room service for breakfast. Our room was 901 and we had a view of the ships at the cruise terminal. We already booked this hotel for our Freedom Cruise.

Go here to see more pictures and read about the Holiday Inn: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=316151

Holiday Inn

340 BISCAYNE BLVD

MIAMI, FL 33132

UNITED STATES

LOCAL PHONE: 1-305-371-4400

attachment.php?attachmentid=18590&d=1142713358

This is a picture from the room, over looking Bayside Market and the Port of Miami, you can see a few ships in the background, thats how close you are.

attachment.php?attachmentid=18549&d=1142686699

While you are there, go to South Beach Deco District and have breakfast at one of their outdoor cafes.

attachment.php?attachmentid=18569&d=1142702590

We're already booked at the Holiday Inn for next May. We stayed there last April (mostly due to Fred's recommendation) and found that although it was a little more than we wanted to pay for a room, it was perfect. No need to rent a car or take a taxi to get anywhere, just walk across the street and there's so much to do and see. Transportation waiting in the morning to get to the ship. We were on the Lido Deck, drink in hand, at 12:30!

We stayed there in April. I have to be honest, we found it really old and in a desperate need of an update! We wouldn't stay there again. Yes, the location was great, we thought the hotel was in pretty rough shape. Just my opinion!

I have to be honest, we found it really old and in a desperate need of an update! We wouldn't stay there again. Yes, the location was great, we thought the hotel was in pretty rough shape. Just my opinion!

Agreed - it is old and in rough shape. It was very congested the morning of the cruise because of all the guests/passengers in the lobby and using the elevators.

We stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay - much better, IMO (some will disagree, but we loved it).

We are booked in there Oct. 20 for our Oct. 21 sailing. I booked this based on location and recommendations on this site.

For those who stayed here, did you take a taxi in the morning to the pier or was there a shuttle? I've read different things, so not sure whats being offered now.

A girlfriend and I are cruising out of Miami in March. I currently have both the Holdiay Inn ($209) and the Marriott Biscayne Bay ($236) reserved. We fly in the day prior around 1 in the afternnon. Plan on just walking around Bayside and having dinner. Which hotel do you recommend and why? From what I'm reading; concerned about walking to Bayside from the Marriott - how much is cab fare from the Marriott?

We are booked in there Oct. 20 for our Oct. 21 sailing. I booked this based on location and recommendations on this site.

For those who stayed here, did you take a taxi in the morning to the pier or was there a shuttle? I've read different things, so not sure whats being offered now.

You must take a taxi from the Holiday Inn. It will cost around $7-10. There is no shuttle from the Holiday Inn. The taxis are outside by the dozens. No need to worry about calling one.

A girlfriend and I are cruising out of Miami in March. I currently have both the Holdiay Inn ($209) and the Marriott Biscayne Bay ($236) reserved. We fly in the day prior around 1 in the afternnon. Plan on just walking around Bayside and having dinner. Which hotel do you recommend and why? From what I'm reading; concerned about walking to Bayside from the Marriott - how much is cab fare from the Marriott?

The best part about the Holiday Inn is the location. So it is absolutely perfect for spending time at Bayside. It is just a typical Holiday Inn though. No frills. Nice for one night stay, but nothing more. I would pick the Holiday Inn for the simple fact of convenience. Rooms were clean but not fancy. We did have a small amount of trouble with the traffic noise. There was a traffic cop blowing his whistle on the street below until midnight. You might see if people say the Marriott is quieter.

We have the Holiday Inn booked for 1 night before our January cruise. Unfortunately, there isn't a shuttle to the cruiseship terminal, but I understand the taxi is only about $6-$8.

We plan to just hang out at the Bayside marketplace - I've heard that there is salsa music, etc. going on there all the time.

Have a great cruise!

Kim

We also just took a cab from the Holiday Inn to the pier. We were stuck in a lot of traffic, so it was more like $25, but like I said, we got stuck in a major traffic jam. It may have been because we left the hotel about 10:30. Maybe it is faster a little later. Bayside was a lot of fun! Several restaurants, music, shopping, entertainment around. It's a good time!

The Marriott is in better shape (could be better IMO but it's fine)..there is a shuttle to bayside for a couple dollars (i think it was 2 bucks PP when we were there) and i think there is a shuttle to the pier (it's a commercial service IIRC)....a cab to the pier is maybe 10-15 bucks......

bayside is 1.5 miels away, you could get on the people mover which is a couple blocks away....

there isn't much around the marriott at all so you'd have to go to bayside or somplace else for dinner...but you can get a great view of the ships...

hth

We used the Holiday Inn, Port of Miami last year in March for our Valor Cruise. The Holiday Inn is in the best location, right across the street from Bayside Market. Great Hotel with great room service for breakfast. Our room was 901 and we had a view of the ships at the cruise terminal. We already booked this hotel for our Freedom Cruise.

Hello everyone...

We plan to stay at this Holiday Inn after our cruise in December. This will be our first cruise and we are very excited! I'll need to rent a car on 1 Jan 2008 then I'll need overnight parking for one night as we need to leave very early on 2 Jan .... is there a place nearby to rent and then park the car? Is it going to be very expensive? Thanks for any suggestions. :-)

Hello everyone...

We plan to stay at this Holiday Inn after our cruise in December. This will be our first cruise and we are very excited! I'll need to rent a car on 1 Jan 2008 then I'll need overnight parking for one night as we need to leave very early on 2 Jan .... is there a place nearby to rent and then park the car? Is it going to be very expensive? Thanks for any suggestions. :-)

Why don't you just take a cab from the terminal to the Holiday Inn and then one to the airport in the morning? It may be much less of a hassle for you.

I was just wondering how do you book 2 hotels at one time? Is there a cancellation charge if you cancel thru priceline or hot wire. I have been researching for months. Going to book soon. Just nervous about getting a dump. Trying to read everything.

Why don't you just take a cab from the terminal to the Holiday Inn and then one to the airport in the morning? It may be much less of a hassle for you.

We are actually driving to Key Largo at 8:30 am on 2 Jan for a swim with the dolphins adventure. Then we will drive from there to somewhere near FLL for our flight home on 3 Jan at 8:25 am. I thought it would be easiest to rent the car the day before our early morning leaving for the Keys.....I worry about the holiday and any local car rental places being open. I'm open for any and all suggestions. :-)

I was just on orbitz.com and found the Continental Downtown Bayside for $129. Is this an OK Hotel. We won't be getting in until around 10:00 at night and basically just going to sleep and going to the pier in the morning. Don't want to spend bunches to just sleep.

I have not seen one positive post about the Continental Downtown Bayside. Read the reviews at tripadvisor dot com. They aren't positive. Some people get the Intercontinental and Continental Bayside confused. The Intercontinental is fabulous but expensive. I would not stay at the Continental though.

Thanks. I did read some reviews and they were not good at all. I ended up using Hotwire and got the Holiday Inn Airport West at $59 plus tax. Reviews seemed decent on that and we are only using it to sleep since we get in so late. So, hopefully that should work. Now just trying to figure out the cheapest shuttle from FLL to Hotel and from Port of Mia back to FLL.

In response to how I have two hotels booked at the same time...For the Marriott I got it on Easyclick (you may cancel with no penalty) and the Holiday Inn Port of Miami is simply booked through my TA.

One of the reasons I didn't use something like Priceline- is you can't be assured of the bed configuration and quite frankly, we want our own bed:rolleyes:

Thanks for the info about the shuttle to Bayside from the Marriott - that may be where we end up as it does sound nicer - don't need luxury, but my husband and I stayed at a hotel directly across from Bayside years ago and it was quite old and musty - I have asthma and I was hitting the inhaler a lot - not sure if it was the Holiday Inn then or not.

As this cruise is with my girlfriend and she doesn't get to travel a lot - I'm in charge of planning...

Thanks. I did read some reviews and they were not good at all. I ended up using Hotwire and got the Holiday Inn Airport West at $59 plus tax. Reviews seemed decent on that and we are only using it to sleep since we get in so late. So, hopefully that should work. Now just trying to figure out the cheapest shuttle from FLL to Hotel and from Port of Mia back to FLL.

to get TO the ship from FLL chck this...18 bucks PP from FLL to miami

http://www.floridalimo.com

to get back either take the ship transfers one way, or a cab as the above company doesn't offer returns from MIA/port to FLL except by private vehicle...you could also check super shuttle as well....(you might have to go to miami airport to catch it..)

http://www.supershuttle.com

Which hotel do you recommend and why? From what I'm reading; concerned about walking to Bayside from the Marriott - how much is cab fare from the Marriott?

I think it's too far to walk, and not very safe, especially after dark. We stayed at the Mariott (fabulous!!) and took the free tram-thing to Bayside for dinner and drinks in the evening. After dark, we took a cab back to the Marriott and it was $7.00. Do not walk or use the people-mover tram after dark.

The pros of the Marriott far outweighed the closeness of the Holiday Inn, in our opinion. The facilites at the Marrott were far superior and the pool area was really nice. We requested a port view and we were excited to be on the 28th fooor! It was incredible. See my pics in my sig.

Archived