Mariner - After Dinner

SuzMate

We will be sailing on Regent for the first time in May - June. Our last two cruises were on Crystal. On that line we often enjoy an after dinner cocktail in the Avenue Saloon. Is there a similar venue on the Mariner?

SuzMate,

There is sometimes after dinner music (guitar or piano) in the Mariner Lounge between 9 and 9:45 (5th Deck).

Every evening has either guitar or piano music..or both in the Observation Lounge 9PM until midnight (12th Deck).

The ship's band also plays in the Horizon Lounge (Deck 6) 9:00 to "Late", whenever there is not other entertainment there.

My brother Hal is the piano player on the Mariner and I know he plays an after dinner set in one of the lounges. He would be delighted to play a song or two for you!

Mike

PG 2001, 2003

I certanly hope that you can have a drink after dinner and enjoy some nice piano music. Me and my wife are booked on Mariner, Caribiean Cruise dep March 4, 2008 and will be enjoying that more or less every night.

Peter

Even though you don't sign for the drink, you are paying for it either in the cruise price or at the end of the cruise!!! Either way is fine with me and signing my name or not signing alsw works.

Nancy

How are you paying for it after the cruise? It's included in your cruise fare.

My brother Hal is the piano player on the Mariner and I know he plays an after dinner set in one of the lounges. He would be delighted to play a song or two for you!

Mike

Mike, we've met Hal a number of times, and he is a great guy, and a wonderful entertainer! How long is has he been on Mariner? We've met him twice on the PG and once on Voyager. Sorry he's not going to be on our December Voyager trip, I had my fingers crossed.

We're from Toronto, BTW.

ATA, here's what I meant - if you're on an all inclusive line like Regent, the drink prices are included in the fare. On Crystal, since the majority of alcoholic drinks aren't included, you are paying at the end of the cruise for the drinks. So, either way, you will pay upfront or you will pay for the drinks at the end of the cruise.

Nancy

Yes, not only are the prices similar on Crystal and Regent, but the lounges are a lot more lively and fun than the ones on Crystal. Most of our last cruises have been Regent and we have really noticed a difference in the evening life on Regent compared to what we experienced on Crystal. There IS something about having to sign a chit and picking up a tab for a whole table that you don't have to deal with on Regent (or Silversea, etc). That way, people can congregate, have a drink, have a good time, and no worries.

Isn't it wonderful that we can all choose the luxury line that best suits our needs and boy are we very fortunate. While I haven't cruised on Regent, I'm sure I will one day. I have no problem signing my name when I buy a drink on Crystal. I never feel obligated to pay for an entire table of drinks, and we do take turns when socializing with friends. I have found the lounges to be very lively on the Crystal cruises I have been on. My husband and I never have any worries and I'm sure we won't if we go on Regent, we just have a great time!

Nancy

PS. We're both LCT posters!

My husband and I never have any worries and I'm sure we won't if we go on Regent, we just have a great time!

Nancy

PS. We're both LCT posters!

Exactly. When I'm on vacation, I expect to have a good time and will.

I'm sure Hal will giggle when I inform him he has a fan club. He got back on the Mariner in early July, and did the Alaska run for the summer. Now around the world (again). I don't expect to see him until spring '08.

Mike

PG 2001, 2004

Oh Mike, I don't think he'd be too surprised. he's a very talented guy. And remind him of his set-to with an A-type personality last summer on Voyager. We were the fellow Canadians who came to hear him almost nightly in the Observation Lounge. Do say hello if you talk to him, from Wendy and David from Toronto.

Archived