LAX ATN first/business class lounge?

azgkrudi

Does anyone know, is Air Tahiti still sharing a lounge with Qantas? Our last PG cruise (June 2006), I seem to remember that we had a very long hike to the lounge but once we got there, it was well worth the walk through those desolate halls.

At least back in April, ATN shared the business class lounge with a couple of other airlines. It was an odd set-up: a trailer kind of arrangement across the airstrip from the main terminal--had to take a bus to get there. Still, it was comfortable.

Thanks crys - does that mean you didn't have to share the bus with all classes of passengers? Last time we did this, every passenger was crammed onto a bus, and it honestly didn't matter if you were first, biz, or coach. It was a total cattle call that we were not pleased with. I don't mean to sound rude, but for the $$ you pay for biz/first, you ought to have a separate transfer so you can at LEAST board the plane first.

It was only biz class going out to the lounge. But they bus you back to the main terminal to board, and if I recall correctly boarding was all together.

Also, there was a separate first class lounge in the main terminal. It was only biz class that got sent out to mid-field. I had the feeling it was a temporary set-up, so things might be different now.

When we flew out of LAX in 05/2007, it seems that Lufthansa used the same biz lounge as ATN. Since DW has to use a wheelchair when we do airports, we got to use the first class lounge instead of going across the airport. Sure made things a lot easier for her.

The Bradley Terminal at LAX, out of which ATN flies, is undergoing extensive expansion and renovation. Lounge spaces change frequently due to construction requirements.

Whether you are part of a cattle-call bus ride to the plane seems to be a matter of chance. We've flown ATN to Tahiti twice, and both times we rode the cattle bus to the plane. However, when we flew ATN to Paris, they boarded at a regular gate in the main terminal. Go figure.

Return trips unloaded at main terminal gates on all three flights.

As of 8/07, ATN was sharing a temporary lounge with a bunch of other airlines that is directly off the food court area on the 2nd floor of the Tom Bradley terminal. It is not the one where you walked down the long hall--I have been in that one too.

We didn't use the lounge though because they wouldn't let our teenage son (in coach) come in, even though the lounge was practically empty and my husband was in F and I was in J.

Archived