Adventure vs Zenith

moai

Our first cruise this past July was on the Adventure of the Seas. We had a wonderful time; everybody enjoyed the activities, dinning choices and the ship in general. Now we are thinking of cruising next year from Bayonne to avoid flying and to visit Bermuda. Voyager is only offering a 5-day cruise, so our only option is Celebrity Zenith, which is almost half the size of the Adventure. Are we going to be disappointed? Will the children have as much to do as in the Adventure? Thank you for your input. :)

Celebrity is a different type of cruiseline then Royal Carribbean. Kids might not have as much fun, but then again all the ships that go into Bermuda are genrally smaller in size. They should still have a good time though. You might also want to look at the ships sailing out of Baltimore or Philly to Bermuda. Generally same size, but it would give you a bigger choice of ships to choose from. There are other cruise lines that sail to Bermuda out of NYC other then RCI also.

We're booked on the VOS out of Bayonne for next year, but have also cruised there on the Zenith. Since this will be our third trip to Bermuda (including one land-based), the two full days spent there are more than enough for us. The ships are really worlds apart in things to do - also, the Zenith does not have balconies which is a serious drawback. Our 8 year old GS will be coming with us and he is so looking forward to all the kids' activities.

It depends on what your kids do for activities. If they enjoyed the rock wall, ice skating, full court basketball, mini golf, etc they might not like the Zenith. If they shot hoops or play ping pong or shuffleboard and they don't do the Adventure activities they will be fine. The arcade on Adventure is huge compared to the tiny arcade on the Zenith. Other than that it is a cruise and they are not paying the bills, I am sure that the kids club will provide them with some other entertainment.;)

jc

Kids enjoying the Zenith? Wellllllllllllllllll..............I would say probably not. It is not set up for great kids activities and it is a much smaller ship. I think I would keep looking as I am afraid that this is not the ship for you if you enjoyed the Adventure! Sorry!

Celebrity does have a pretty good kids program in the summer to Bermuda (was on Horizon a few years ago). The other BIG advantage to Zenith is that it docks right in downtown Hamilton and St. Georges while the AOS will dock at the Dockyards which are a bus/taxi/ferry ride to anyplace you want to go to.

I think Zenith is fine for Bermuda. I went on her sister, Horizon. Remember, this is not like a Caribbean cruise where you are out at sea every night. For most of your week you will be in Bermuda and your ship functions more like a floating hotel and much of your time is spent exploring the island. With that being said, RCI does offers more opportunity for people to be physically active aboard ship than Celebrity does. And though I very much liked Horizon, she and Zenith are worlds apart from a Voyager ship. But then, nothing out there is like those five grand dams of the sea.

I, personally, would not want to do a Voyager ship to Bermuda as you really don't have the time to enjoy everything that class of ship has to offer plus they can only tie up at the Dockyard which is the last place I would want to be especially if I was only going to have two days in Bermuda.

As far as balconies go, once again, this is not the Caribbean. It is pretty cool out on the Atlantic so I don't know how much use a balcony would get.

Archived