Need help for a friend looking for a hotel in New York

CRUSINGFAMILY

We have lots of good friends here on the boards and I need your help for a friend.

She was scammed out of $1000 for a condo in New York and now is going next weekend and has no place to stay. Short story is it was an internet scam where she sent her deposit and there is no such place.

Soooooo now she needs to find a reasonable place to stay that is close to all there is to do in the Big Apple.

Can anyone help?

We have lots of good friends here on the boards and I need your help for a friend.

She was scammed out of $1000 for a condo in New York and now is going next weekend and has no place to stay. Short story is it was an internet scam where she sent her deposit and there is no such place.

Soooooo now she needs to find a reasonable place to stay that is close to all there is to do in the Big Apple.

Can anyone help?

If she doesn't mind staying in New Jersey - I currently have some teams of men working on the new hockey arena in Newark - they are getting the LaQuinta Inn in Wayne, NJ on Hotwire at 54+ tax per nt - then last nt they needed to stay closer and I found the Robert Treat hotel rt in Newark -very close to transport to NY - at 106+ tax per nite - they were happy w/ it - it is a historic hotel recently renovated - check it out on hotels.com, expedia, etc - good luck

If she doesn't mind staying in New Jersey - I currently have some teams of men working on the new hockey arena in Newark - they are getting the LaQuinta Inn in Wayne, NJ on Hotwire at 54+ tax per nt - then last nt they needed to stay closer and I found the Robert Treat hotel rt in Newark -very close to transport to NY - at 106+ tax per nite - they were happy w/ it - it is a historic hotel recently renovated - check it out on hotels.com, expedia, etc - good luck

I grew up in Wayne and that is kind of far out (45-1 hour) depending on traffic if she wants to have easy access to the city. Englewood or Fort Lee is pretty nice area and right over the GW Bridge.

Tell you friend for cheaper places she might want to try the Brooklyn and/or Brooklyn Heights area, easy access to Manhattan.

Can anyone help?

We stayed at the New Yorker. The rooms are small, but it is located across the street from Madison Square Garden and close to the Empire State Building. It is also withing walking distance to many other sites. It's not as expensive as many of the other hotels in Manhattan.

Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands w/ indoor pool and free breakfast. Bus stop to Port Authority near the hotel. (20-30 mins. depending on traffic.) http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hotel/cstnj?refid=1&_requestid=167986 Jessica is the hotel manager and is very nice. Maybe you could explain your friend's situation to her and she would give you the group rate which is $99/night in December. Maybe it will be even less when your friend will be there?

If she wants to stay in the city, I think the Pod is a good choice for a solo traveler. Check www.tripadvisor.com

If your friend is not a solo traveler, I have a list of tripadvisor.com well reviewed hotels for double/triple/quad occupancy. Post here and I'll email it to you.

Thank you everyone

She is needing a quad room for October 18 for three nights.

Time is running out and things are fully booked everywhere and VERY expensive. She has found something that will cost $1800 for the three nights with four people in the same room.....ouch!

Archived