NCL, look at what the competition is doing re:passports!

Former Goalie

Stop calling do you think the CSR's have authority to change this or even their supervisors? Sit down and write a snail mail to Colin Veitch. You can bang you head against the wall too for all the good it will do you. If you want to get some action take the time to write a letter and see what kind of response you get.

and who told you to do that a month ago.....

WE, meaning all of us cruisers here, reading this, have known for a few yrs now, this was going to happen... Im sorry for the complications others have, but again, we all knew eventually this was happening. We ALL have had plenty of time and warning of this situation with passports.

Put your best foot forward, get the passport, and STOP COMPLAINING.. its in our countries best interest and ours too...its for OUR protection also.

DH and I just got our passports 2 months ago. we never had one!! soooo, I got on the ball, knowing we were going to have to have it, and GOT IT! YESSSSSSSSSSS.. its done!

WE, meaning all of us cruisers here, reading this, have known for a few yrs now, this was going to happen... Im sorry for the complications others have, but again, we all knew eventually this was happening. We ALL have had plenty of time and warning of this situation with passports.

Put your best foot forward, get the passport, and STOP COMPLAINING.. its in our countries best interest and ours too...its for OUR protection also.

DH and I just got our passports 2 months ago. we never had one!! soooo, I got on the ball, knowing we were going to have to have it, and GOT IT! YESSSSSSSSSSS.. its done!

I'll state what I said before: the ONLY reason we were afforded the opportunity to book our cruise was the government pushing back the passport requirements to summer 2008. Taking a cruise had never entered my mind prior to that change.

If the government had not changed its policy, we would have stayed within the US for our vacation.

And, it's not because we we are hesitant to get passports. The majority of our group has had them for years.

I am on a cruise in Jan, with 2 people who do not have passports.

I went to state dept. site and saw the passport requirement has again been pushed back to summer 2008 (for canada , carribean, ). NCL site said you need passport after Jan 1, 2008, so I talked to the reservation people and said it made no sense to have a more stringent requirement than the government. The next day, ncl did away with the passport requirement. So, there is currently NO passport requirement after Jan 1 2008 for carribean, canada cruises.

THIS IS RIGHT OUT OF NCL WEBSITE THIS MORNING, THIS WAS CHANGED A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO-----

"As early as Summer 2008, the U.S. government will require all of our guests to be in possession of a valid passport when sailing on any NCL cruise.

Because passport regulations are subject to change, we encourage you to visit http://www.travel.state.gov for the latest requirements and overseas information before you sail.

What kind of travel documents, visa or passport do I need?

The following regulations are currently in effect.

CRUISING - FOR U.S. AND CANADIAN CITIZENS:

Caribbean, Bahamas, Bermuda, Alaska, Mexican Riviera, Or Canada & New England Cruises

You only need proof of citizenship and a government-issued photo I.D. or a valid driver's license with a photo. Proof of Citizenship examples include: an original or state certified copy of a U.S. or Canadian birth certificate, a valid or recently expired passport, certificate of naturalization, certificate of citizenship, or a report of your birth abroad.

NCL strongly recommends that all guests travel with a valid passport during their cruise. If you miss your ship at its scheduled U.S. departure port and need to travel outside the U.S. to meet your ship, or should you unexpectedly need to depart the ship from a foreign port prior to the end of sailing, a passport would be required to leave or re-enter the U.S. by air."

hope this helps!

Archived