Where will the Emerald Dock at Port Everglades?

drpack

I was wondering where the Emerald Princess will be docking in FLL? I noticed for my December cruise on the Emerald Princess that the Caribbean Princess will be in port at the same time. It's really handy when we sail on the CB because the parking garage is right across the street from were the CB docks. Since there are only two parking facilities in the Port, I would assume that some ships are docked pretty far from the nearest parking.

I just noticed that the parking fee on the port had gone up 25% since my cruise in February. It's now $15 a day.

it really depends on the day of the week......mid-week, it probably will dock at the main "Princess" pier, the one with the large parking lot you were referring to. On weekends, it probably will dock at the pier beside the other parking garage.....at least that was the case when we have been on the Sun and found ourselves docking or leaving on a weekend.

It is a pain to park your car at one garage and then return to a pier near the other. Princess does supply a bus, but you can wait a long time for it to fill up. I prefer to grab a cab.

We have sailed from pier 16 (Coral) and pier 18 (Golden) when the Caribbean Princess was in port. The coral returned to pier 2 and the Golden returned to pier 18.

Parking was a pain for the Coral because the porter told me to park at the mid-port garage and I should have parked at the north port garage. Fortunately there was a shuttle bus to the mid-port garage as several of us had parked there.

Rob

Is that Dec 16Th? If so Seven Ships are in that sunday

Caribbean Princess - Usually Term #2

Emerald Princess ?

Millennium - Term #18

Radiance of the Seas #25

Westerdam #26

Costa Fortuna - ?

Carnival Liberty - Term 19

Terminal 21 can handle the QM2

The next avaible and Largest is term 29.

They can handle upto 12 ships.

When we took the Coral over New Year's, we left from Term 2 (since it was mid week) and returned to I think term 21. I recollecting based on how exited the actual terminal building to board the bus back to term 2.

We were coming back on the Grand Princess on Christmas Eve in 2003. It's the day Port Everglades broke its record by having 15 ships in port and 44,000 cruise ship passengers.

Last year's Christmas Eve broke the record for number of passengers (46,000) but only had 13 ships in port. The ships are larger and hold more passengers.

We're leaving Dec. 16 on the Emerald Princess and coming back Dec. 26. On Dec. 16, the following ships are scheduled to be in port: Caribbean Princess, Carnival Liberty, Costa Fortuna, Discovery Sun, Emerald Princess, Island Adventure, Millennium, Radiance of the Seas, Regal Empress, and Westerdam.

When we come back, fortunately, only three other ships will be there: Discovery Sun, Island Adventure, and Regal Empress. (And the Discovery Sun just does one-day cruises to the Bahamas, leaving in the morning and returning that night. The Island Adventure, aka Sea Escape, is a ship that does short gambling cruises.)

I was wondering where the Emerald Princess will be docking in FLL? I noticed for my December cruise on the Emerald Princess that the Caribbean Princess will be in port at the same time. It's really handy when we sail on the CB because the parking garage is right across the street from were the CB docks. Since there are only two parking facilities in the Port, I would assume that some ships are docked pretty far from the nearest parking.

I just noticed that the parking fee on the port had gone up 25% since my cruise in February. It's now $15 a day.

I just disembarked the Emerald (performed a one-day VIP / Press event) and we were docked at Terminal 2. The Emerald will leave today for its maiden Caribbean cruise and the CB will come in tomorrow (and I'll get back on there). So it's my guess the Emerald will share Terminal 2 since it is a 10 day run and the CB is a 7 day. Any Sunday the two coincide, it would be a busy embarkation terminal if they shared Terminal #2...

Steve

I just disembarked the Emerald (performed a one-day VIP / Press event) and we were docked at Terminal 2. The Emerald will leave today for its maiden Caribbean cruise and the CB will come in tomorrow (and I'll get back on there). So it's my guess the Emerald will share Terminal 2 since it is a 10 day run and the CB is a 7 day. Any Sunday the two coincide, it would be a busy embarkation terminal if they shared Terminal #2...

Steve

Hi Steve,

I was on the Caribbean Princess with you in February or maybe last October. I can't remember which cruise it was. I look forward to seeing your shows. Will you be on the Caribbean Princess all week?

Hi Steve,

I was on the Caribbean Princess with you in February or maybe last October. I can't remember which cruise it was. I look forward to seeing your shows. Will you be on the Caribbean Princess all week?

I'll be on the CB Sunday through Wednesday morning. I always fly home from the first port (St Maarten) and rejoin in FLL on turnaround Sunday. Please find me so I can say hello!

Steve

I have in the past seen pictures of 2 Grand class ships end to end at the Princess terminal. The second ship was where Sea Escape usually is and it looked like the front one was sticking out past the cut where pier 4 is. Of course, in looking through 25 pages of Port Everglades pics on webshots I couldn't find one to back this up LOL. But I did see many showing various Princess and other ships at pier 4, perpendicular to pier 2.

• 2 weeks later...
I'll be on the CB Sunday through Wednesday morning. I always fly home from the first port (St Maarten) and rejoin in FLL on turnaround Sunday. Please find me so I can say hello!

Steve

Hi Steve,

I didn't see your post until I returned. I did catch both of your shows as well as you cameo appearances at James Michael's adult show. You have some competition now. Darrell Joyce put on two really funny shows.

Archived