Wow! These prices are all over the place! Need advice...

3redheads

Was going to book the 10 day Brilliance of the Seas balcony room for 4 during Spring Break. The price a few days ago was $5200, now it's over $6200! Scratch that plan.

Then, I was looking at the Freedom of the Seas-Eastern Caribbean in late August. They had an Owners Suite going for $4800+, but the Grand Suite was $5200+. The OS was LESS than the GS. WOW!

Big fluctuations. I have the Freedom on a courtesy hold right now. We're currently booked on the Mariner-Western the same week, but for $1000 more, we could get the new ship and an Owners Suite.

What to do? Any thoughts? What would you do?

Id rather do Eastern than Western. For most cruises, CB, Disney etc, you can often get a better deal on Western, its not as popular.

Id do the suite in a minute unless airfare made a big difference in the price. Eastern for me. Iv done Western a lot more times.

Was going to book the 10 day Brilliance of the Seas balcony room for 4 during Spring Break. The price a few days ago was $5200, now it's over $6200! Scratch that plan.

Then, I was looking at the Freedom of the Seas-Eastern Caribbean in late August. They had an Owners Suite going for $4800+, but the Grand Suite was $5200+. The OS was LESS than the GS. WOW!

Big fluctuations. I have the Freedom on a courtesy hold right now. We're currently booked on the Mariner-Western the same week, but for $1000 more, we could get the new ship and an Owners Suite.

I agree, the prices are all going crazy. We are booked on AOS for Spring Break, when I booked in April our balcony was $3200 for the 4 of us, friends of ours, also a family of 4 just wanted to book the same trip & room and it was $6200!! Definitely a testament to the importance of booking early.

I would book the newer ship, since you've been on the Mariner a couple of times already. I don't know if I would pay $1000 more though. I think I choose a different category cabin. That $1000 would pay for my shore excursions and ship charges.

I usually book by itinerary first, then look at which ships are available. I love to cruise, but wouldn't like to always go to the same ports over and over. Hope that helps! terri

I would take the OS for an extra $1000, we're booked on the Mariner western for July 27, two PR cabins for $4400 for four. $4800 for an OS sounds pretty good to me, maybe I should switch! :D

Archived