Holland America Web Cams?

Seacruise

Folks:

While I was reading Captain Albert's blog for October 22 2007 he posted answers to the some questions. One was why Holland America doesn't have web cams. Here is what he said:

Why does Holland America not have Webcams. The answer is I do not know. We have a camera on the bridge, so guests can enjoy the same view from their cabin as I have on the bridge. However the company never made the decision to hook that signal up to the internet.

Well does that mean we should help HAL hook them up by sending email/letters to them?

Just a thought.

Phil

They read this board, so I know they're aware that many of us would like to see them. However, bandwidth is an issue. And with the frequent hiccups in HAL's online system I would prefer they work those out before adding those images into the mix.

I have been a daily reader of his weblog for a while now and really think it should almost be "required reading" for cruisers. Many first timers think the captain of a ship has a easy life and just sits around giving out orders. Captain Albert lets you know very quickly that his responability is very widespread and he takes it very seriously. He has very long hours and works very hard. Anyone who has been on one of his ships can tell you he takes his job to heart and seems to love what he does. Read his weblog and find out!

Archived