Warning for CafePress Customers!

ladylawyer

I was very pleased with my order from them and I still am. ;)

I ordered from them for my 2 Navigator cruises last year. I was very pleased with the quality of the 4 T shirts I received from them and the two tote bags. They sent me the wrong size T's at first so I emailed them and told them. They said to keep the first two rather than return them and they sent me two more in the correct size.

I was able to give 2 away at our Meet and Mingle because of this. ;)

The quality of these shirts are excellent. They have washed up really well and have held their size and shape each time. Plus the design has not faded.

The tote bags are also still looking good. :)

=mitchrock;12183828]Have had good luck with numerous purchases from Cafe Press. Make sure when ordering you pay attention to the quality of shirt you order. Cafe Press is like any other ratialer offering different qualities of merchandise. I tend to pay more for t-shirts that will last. The 30 day return policy seems fair also, it's reasonable time for someone to receive the shirt try it on wash it and see how it washes.

That is true. I remember checking off the one that said my logo would remain bright and colorful after washing, etc. And I took the top quality T's.

Have had good luck with numerous purchases from Cafe Press. Make sure when ordering you pay attention to the quality of shirt you order. Cafe Press is like any other ratialer offering different qualities of merchandise. I tend to pay more for t-shirts that will last. The 30 day return policy seems fair also, it's reasonable time for someone to receive the shirt try it on wash it and see how it washes.

I have been one of those that created shirts for a cruise on CafePress, They indeed offer different quality shirts for different prices. I know if you order the "Value Shirt" it will indeed shrink. It is not a Hanes prewashed like some of their other products. The shirt details give you all the boring details. :) Also the type of printing you request affects the quality as well. One must sacrifice bright colors (stiff design that can crack) for a more muted color design (soft long lasting no-fade). As far as their 30 day guarantee... I had to call because the right chest design was printed in the middle by mistake and they told me to keep the shirt and they reprinted it and sent me another for free. Just understand what you are ordering and if you don't like it say so within the 30 days they request, it's only fair and they have responded very quickly and fairly. It's been a year since our cruise and my shirts (Hanes Womens Fit) continue to fit perfectly. That being said, don't order the Value Shirt, it's like ordering the 3 for $10 shirts in Mexico, They shrink! Spend $3 more or so and get the preshrunk.

Description of the ones I order:

The most comfortable Women's t-shirt ever! Our 100% cotton Women's tee is preshrunk, durable and guaranteed.

• 5.6 oz. 100% cotton
  • Standard fit

Description of the Value Shirt:

Get back to basics with the Value T-Shirt. Enjoy a great look and fit at a reasonable price. The Value T is made of cool, midweight 100% cotton and is perfect for casual summer days.

• Midweight 100% cotton
  • Standard fit

Sorry you had a bummer of an experience but they are good about explaining what you see is what you get and if you don't get what you thought let them know. Those that take the time to make the shirt might (and I know it takes hours) feel really bad right now. Who loves ya Lee, I do!! :D

BonVoyage

Dawna

I was very pleased with my order from them and I still am. ;)

I ordered from them for my 2 Navigator cruises last year. I was very pleased with the quality of the 4 T shirts I received from them and the two tote bags. They sent me the wrong size T's at first so I emailed them and told them. They said to keep the first two rather than return them and they sent me two more in the correct size.

I was able to give 2 away at our Meet and Mingle because of this. ;)

The quality of these shirts are excellent. They have washed up really well and have held their size and shape each time. Plus the design has not faded.

The tote bags are also still looking good. :)

That is true. I remember checking off the one that said my logo would remain bright and colorful after washing, etc. And I took the top quality T's.

Hey Alexis, glad to hear my design is holding up. :) How have you been?

Hey Alexis, glad to hear my design is holding up. :) How have you been?

Your design is holding up really well. I still love it. :)

Good to see you on here. ;)

You will be cruising the same time as us. We leave here on the 2nd for San Juan, board the Empress on the 5th and sail until the 16th. We don't have any shirts. :(

We left NY and moved back to Nevada to the warm weather again.

When you return, pop over to my Roll Call,

Nov 5, 2007 Empress 11 night Exotic Southern Caribbean and let me know how you liked the Freedom. I am inviting you over.

"Hi" to Kenny. Behave at the Quest. :eek:

You will be cruising the same time as us. We leave here on the 2nd for San Juan, board the Empress on the 5th and sail until the 16th. We don't have any shirts. :(

Nov 5, 2007 Empress 11 night Exotic Southern Caribbean and let me know how you liked the Freedom. I am inviting you over.

Bon Voyage and have a great cruise! I will stop by your roll call when I get back :) me...............behave?..........................yea right :cool:

I too ordered some stuff thru Cafe Press for a group cruise. Boy, was I surprised when the t shirt only reached my belt buckle. I decided it was me not aware of the styles. They said well it does say form fitting. Maybe Im too tall, but I did not want a tee shirt that exposed my midriff. I wound up getting a men's shirt to throw over a bathing suit and a button and had gotten a regular women's. They gave me the extra (cheaper) mens shirt no charge because I knew the minute I opened it that I would never wear it. My idea of something shown as a women's large and theirs was pretty far apart.

Be careful of anything that says form fitting I found out. How can a tee shirt meant for bust sizes 38-42 be a shirt 30 inches around? Am I that old?

My ex used to have a silk screening business, so I know a little about T-shirts. Hanes beefy Ts used to be very good quality. I am amazed at the very poor quality of a lot of silk screening I see.

Also, when did it get impossible to buy a plain, good quality T shirt that fit? I am not a large person, but they are all made for 12 year old girls! Way too tight and up above your belly button.

Bon Voyage and have a great cruise! I will stop by your roll call when I get back :) me...............behave?..........................yea right :cool:

Well, as you know, technically they're correct, they did offer you 30 days. Had you washed the shirt as a test, you would have known and could have returned it within their time frame. Too many people buy things and then want to return them long after the purchase date so I can understand them being wary of returns - especially after the date of the event when people often no longer need or want the item.

However, the two things that annoy me most with Cafe Press is the quality of the garment itself. As you said, you didn't ask them for anything, you merely wanted to let them know of the inferior quality. Maybe the recently changed T-shirt suppliers and didn't know that the quality took a nose dive? (giving them the benefit of the doubt)

However, your letter was read by someone who either doesn't know how to read a letter - as yours was extremely clear and concise - or by someone who simply doesn't give a hoot about her job. She has an "I could care less about you or your business" attitude. She's a low level employee who simply wanted your letter checked off the "done" file of her inbox.

I'd be tempted to send a letter to the President of the company complaining not so much as to the poor shirt quality, but to the poor level of quality of customer "service" people who ask if they can do anything else for you when they've not done anything yet.

I'm sure you're too busy to pursue this any further, so thanks for the warning about Cafe Press!

I just ordered two golf polos from cafe press/it's a friend thing for a golf tournament my girlfriend and I are going to be golfing in this spring but I loved the design so I bought early. Thanks to the warnings here I will be washing them early to see how they hold up. I will be sending them back if they don't!

We did the white golf shirt with our logo for our upcoming cruise. I have washed and dried the shirts and no problem with shrinkage. Also had two tote bags done and was very pleased.

My brother-in-law also had sweatshirts done for his lake association and hasn't had a problem. May just be the quality of the product you choose to put your logo on.

Archived