One more thought for Mercury transpacific passengers

PescadoAmarillo

I was just "speaking" with someone who recently returned from a Princess transpacific cruise and we were talking about the ship's library. Their comment reminded me that the library on the Mercury, based on my recent PNW B2B cruises, has been decimated. I remember the library fondly from my longer cruises on the Mercury in 2000, 2001 and 2002. Well, since the books are no longer checked out, the library has very few, almost no books in it. Unless they restock before the transpacific cruises, don't plan on the ship's library to keep you entertained on those many days at sea...you'll definitely need to supplement your reading with books you bring on board.

But have a great trip. Those are great ports!!

I have hear that they have a good collection of Left behind paperbacks. Take one and leave your old one.

Not even any of those on the PNW cruise. I ended up buying 2 books at a used bookstore in Nanaimo. I've twice done transpacific cruises (a month each), and know that there is a lot of lovely time for reading, but, unless they restock the Mercury's library, you most likely won't be reading books from the ship!

Archived