Have you ever been on the same ship twice?

trevette1981

This will be our 2nd time on the Spirit. Looking forward to it. There are so many things to see, I missed most of them the last time. I can not imagine getting bored.......

Having said that, I will admit I like sailing on a different ship each time. It is kinda like a check-off list.........my goal being to cruise on each ship Carnival floats and a few from the other cruise lines also.:D

Sheila<-----------has quite a few to go:p

Check out my signature. We've been on the Ecstacy 2x, the Fantasy 3x, the Victory 2x, the Sensation 1 but would do again for a good last minute deal, and the good ole Celebration will be our 7th time in December! :)

Never been bored a day! As many have said, a cruise is what you make it! Enjoy your cruise!

Paradise twice.

Victory twice.

Legend twice.

And in 2008, Jan & Nov. will be on the Miracle.

I would go back on any of those again or on the others that I have only been on once. So many things to see and do that were missed on each of our past sailing.

We did the ELATION three times in a row. On the first trip, we missed stopping in Belize because of high winds so I booked it again so we could go cavetubing. Then we booked the ECSTACY and Katrina hit.. ECSTACY was sent New Orleans for FEMA and we were put on the ELATION again. Twice isn't too bad. Three times could be over the limit for most people. The best part was, I am the type of person that can have a good time at a funeral, plus, we knew where all of the hottubs were.

Ok, my sister and I went on the Sensation in May. I just learned we have a family cruise coming up for the same ship and itinerary.

Is it really horrible the 2nd time around? Am I going to get board?

But then, I thought about it, I could see the things I wanted to see, but couldn't because of other excursions.

What do y'all think??

There is an advantage to taking a ship a second time (or more) in that you are already familiar with the lay out of the ship. You will not spend half of your cruise trying to find your way around. You will feel right at home right away. You also can take in things you did not get to take advantage of on the prior cruise not only just excursions, but shows and exhibitions you missed previously.

Well, sort of. We were on the RCI Monarch when we were shipwrecked three days into a 7 days cruise. We had to abandon ship at 2:00 in the morning to St Martin. We went back on her 6 months later as soon as she got repaired. We were given a free cruise from RCI. We chose the Monarch and even had the same cabin. It was a great cruise!!

Board? :confused:

Bored? Nope, not that, either1

2nd cruise on Fantasy was a substitute (don't even remember what ship we booked for, but it went to NO for Katrina relief, I think - Celebration?), so 2nd Fantasy was a different itinery.

Then we did the same itinerary December because we loved it, but went on Elation, which was a sister ship and loved it again. Finally knew our way around the ship, love HMC, and loved Elation's more subdued decor.

Been on the Legend twice. Different itineraries, Different Cruise Directors, Etc. It was nice to be familiar with the Ship and nice to have it be somewhat "Different"....

Would I sail another Carnival Ship that I have been on before ? ....In a Heartbeat.:D

S.S. Rotterdam 3X (once after they sold her to Premier)

Queen Mary 2 3x

Queen Elizabeth 2x

But the ports were different each time...

Been on the first Queen Mary Thousands of times, I have have worked

there a total of 9 years...

I like boarding and knowing where things are....

Looking forward to Elation after being on the Paradise...

Tom in Long Beach

Celebrity Galaxy twice

Celebrity Zenith twice

HAL's Noordam once, but we have booked a repeat of an 11-day Caribbean cruise that we took in March. Exactly the same ports. None of this bothers us; we'll find enough to do (on our own).

We always take a winter cruise. It doesn't matter where the ship as long as we have warm and nice weather. We also like the 1 1/2-day downtime at the beginning and end of the cruise.

A cruise is good as long as you are on it.

My first cruise was in 1950 transatlantic, so my second cruise was another transatlantic going back home. No ports to speak of. I was only 12. In those days, there were no kids club type things. We weren't bored. We had afternoon tea, we played canasta, and bingo and the horse races (with dice). There was a pool. We played pingpong.

Since then we've been twice on the NCL Crown with two different itineraries.

Then we did back to back on the Maasdam and the second cruise was a similar itinerary to the second Crown sailing (i.e. both were repositioning cruises).

The second time, you know the ship. Some of the food was repeated and on the Maasdam, the shows were repeats, and not only were they repeats of the first cruise, but they were repeats of the preceding year cruise (according to our table mates who went on the same cruise the previous year). A lot of the trivia was repeat questions. Going to some of the same ports (Aruba and Curacao for sure) on different ships gave us an opportunity to do different things - even to skip the ship excursions and strike out on our own.

Yes, we have been on the Conquest twice, same itinerary, 2 months apart. NO, we did not get bored! We did different shore excursions each time, so we saw new parts of the islands we visited. The Conquest is a BIG ship, and the 2nd time on her, we didn't have to waste 2 days trying to find our way around! We will definitely cruise on the Conquest again in the future. Last month, we cruised on the Glory, which is a sister ship to the Conquest and has an identical layout. Thanks to sailing on the Conquest twice, we felt right at home on the Glory and never wasted time trying to find our way around it. I think this is an advantage to sailing the same ship twice.

I have often wondered the same thing..so I am looking forward to more responses to see the input on this.

I know that I already want to re-visit the Inspiration because it was our first cruise and that is for sentimental reasons...also she just got a fantastic "Face-lift".

I don't think I would hesitate going back on the Pride and Spirit again either.

Yes we have been on the western carribean 4 times Cozumel, montego bay jamica and grand caymens. The first 3 were on a ship that is no longer in business the 4th time was on conquest. Because we were able to go so many times we knew are way around.... So we did different things each place. The last time we went to jamica we found a van driver who offerred to take a van of us on a tour of the island. he said you pay me when I take you back. We got to see areas no tour woud have taken us we also saw rose hall went on top of a mountain range, beach shopping and all for $10. a person. We usually end up at the ssane Jewelry store :) gotta love it. We went on a beach party in cozumel the first time, tour island 2nd, so on and so forth. And we also took someone with us on our third trip and it was fun showing things to someone who had never been there and seeing how a lot had changed. Last time I was on conquest I never did make it to any of the clubs and only to the art auction once. That's fun if you've never done it and you usually get a free print. So go again you will have fun.

Been on the Victory twice. Was apprehensive about doing the same itinerary and same ship but had a blast both times. We had sailed the Victory then our son called to say he was getting married on The Victory. We actually booked with the same itinerary but had it changed by Wilma as she puffed in.

You will have a great time. A cruise is a cruise!!

Archived