How much you spend on excursion/2 people?

How much do you spend?  

285 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you spend?

• zero
    • Under $100
    • $100-$200
    • $200-$300
    • $300-$400
    • $400 Plus

It all depends on where you are going and for how long...you can usually join a private tour a lot cheaper . (check the roll call for your ship)

On the Panama cruise we did not pay more than $50. pp

Oh well then, assuming a 7 night cruise with at least 4 port stops (I usually just do a cheap beach day via taxi and/or stay in the ship in at least one port), probably around $300 total for 2 people (including tips). On my Serenade cruise I think we spent around $450 total.

i can't do the poll, won't work for what we do. between athens and istanbul, we didn't want to miss anything...did excursions in every port. in alaska, we just picked a couple of "really want to" to do. in the caribbean the excursions are cheaper, in alaska excursions are very expensive.

this trip, we picked 2 ports to do things. a simple whale watching in alaska, can run $100ea for 3 to 4 hours, this next cruise our all day trip is $90 each. flight/glacer trip in alaska can be $300 to $500 EACH!!!

for this next trip, our budget was 2 excursions, something we really want to do...

If you sign up for ship excursions for all the ports, you might get toured out. We only pre order a trip if it's something really special or at a port that we might be a bit nervous to travel alone in. Otherwise, with enough research, we can find ways to do things much cheaper and to our liking, rather than the ship's preferences for points of interest.

I voted already, but misunderstood your question. For a 7 night cruise we paid roughly $350 on our last cruise, and we will probably pay $425 on our second cruise. I am all about seeing things and having memorable experiences. I am not into shopping or just laying on the beach, which is why I usually tend to book a lot of action packed excursions.

Yep, I voted already too and only put what I spend per excursion. $100 to $200 per excursion. We too book on our own to save money since we have been on enough trips and feel comfortable on our own.

We have four stops on our next cruise and we will spend $450 to $600 on the excursions alone.

Happy sailing!

the number of excursions we book depends on what is offered...when we do an excursion we try to stay under $85pp...but if theres something really great the extra money may be worth it...I would say if the excursion looks like a unique experience and you can afford to do it then go ahead...I know I wouldnt trade some of the excursion experiences I have had for anything

We spend zero on excursions; we don't like the feeling of being herded around. We do get off the ship, stroll around, eat something, maybe do a little shopping -- but as far as organized excursions, nope.

We do our own excursions wherever possible. Just type "shore excursions" into Google and you will find loads of much cheaper offers than any ship. The other thing to do is go to Virtualtourist.com, type in the name of the place you are going and you will find lots of information from people who have been there, or people who live there. Much more fun doing it yourself.

It depends as to where you are visiting. Hawaii and Alaska are expensive. Mexican Riviera not that expensive. It also depends on the type of excursion you are taking. On a 7 day cruise we spend about $1,000 between my wife and I. This is on the Caribbean.

We must be the among the weird ones.

We spent twice as much on excursions in the Caribbean as we did in Alaska. We like to do hiking. Since the trails are well identified in Alaska, we figured we didn't need a tour. So just booked the bus/train to get us to the trail, and then, pure enjoyment of Mother Nature!

We tend to cram as many activities as we can get into our cruise vacations, so we spend a lot on excursions. On days we rent cars, I consider the rental fees, gas, parking, admissions, etc. as an excursion.

DH said we spent approximately $1,000.00 during our Hawaiian vacation...but, WOW!, we made a lot of memories and had a GREAT time :D :cool: !!!

~~~Azure Moon~~~

For our next cruise we will take a ship excursion in one port because we are only there 4 hours. This will cost about 100pp. Other ports of call, such as San Juan and St.Marten, I have a private tour set up for 35pp for 5 hours. I make sure we have a good window of time to get back to the ship. :)

Archived