Love and Marriage Show-what are some of the questions?

3redheads

Thanks for posting this thread!

How does one go about being on the L&M show? We'll be honeymooning in January, but I know there are a few couples getting married on the ship. Do we stand a chance?

Get there a little bit early. They will ask if there are any newly weds. If you're the only ones that stand up - you're in. If there are a bunch of you I've seen them take the couple that is married for the shortest amount of time or they will have you draw a number and pick from there.

The question "where is the strangest place you've made whoopee?" led to two very different answers on one of our cruises. From the honeymoon couple's "last night on the balcony" to the couple married over 50 years (wife): "I can't remember..." When pressed for an answer she kept saying "I can't remember" until she finally said 'in the Dodge'. Out comes her hubby whose reply was "in the Dodge". They were adorable.

The first cruise we ever went on, the L&M game was the BEST. The couple that had been married 60+ years won. They had their WHOLE family with them (like 30 people). When they asked the strangest place they'd ever done the deed, the wife turned about 10 shades of red and replied that when they were dating, the train to Coney Island cost a quarter, but you could walk there for free, down a desserted area. She intimated that they didn't take the train to save $ and wound up doing the deed just off the path (her daughter goes, "Mother!" I bet they had a lot of fun giving her grief about that.). When the husband came out, and they asked the question, he goes "Well, you have to understand, the train to Coney Island cost a quarter...." and the whole audience just lost it. He looked so confused. It was great. I think they got every question right. They were TOTAL celebrities the rest of the cruise. I bet they didn't pay for a single drink the remainder of the cruise.

I want to be that couple when I get older. Me and my hubby knowing everything about each other. Of course, we've never been to Coney Island, so I'll have to figure out my own story...

It is a very funny story and very well told. Thanks

On our cruise one of the questions was "if you were stuck on a desert island with someone other than your husband who would it be". The woman said "Sean Connery". When her husband was asked "if your wife were stuck on a desert island with someone other than you, who would it be" and he said "Dolly Parton". They were married almost 50 years.

On our cruise one of the questions was "if you were stuck on a desert island with someone other than your husband who would it be". The woman said "Sean Connery". When her husband was asked "if your wife were stuck on a desert island with someone other than you, who would it be" and he said "Dolly Parton". They were married almost 50 years.

Interesting. On one our cruises, the question was: "With whom in your wife's family would you not like to be stuck on a deserted island?" My wife and I were not playing, but we had the same answer.:)

I know I am a wet blanket by saying what I have to say. By posting these questions, you know there will be people that will know what the questions are so will practice at home. Honeymooner, I am not picking on you, but you are an example. After reading the post, you asked how you can be on there.

It's the same thing with Quest. People go on a cruise, go to Quest and next time they are ready with everything. It's not fair to those who don't know what the questions are for the Newlywed, etc. and for those to bring their supplies in a bag at Quest.

I wish, to be fair to all, that the questions would be changed each time, (Know that is difficult) and the items in Quest were changed too.

I thought Quest was so funny and the same with the Newlywed game, but it's not the same when people are prepared. JMO. I know YMMV.

On ours, there were 3 titles: Superman, Gone in Sixty Seconds and Mission Impossible.

I loved it when the couple that had been married for 60 something years both strongly agreed Superman but the recently married couple couldn't agree on Gone in Sixty Seconds or Mission Impossible. It was a bit tense for a minute or two...

We also had Free Willy

I know I am a wet blanket by saying what I have to say. By posting these questions, you know there will be people that will know what the questions are so will practice at home. Honeymooner, I am not picking on you, but you are an example. After reading the post, you asked how you can be on there.

It's the same thing with Quest. People go on a cruise, go to Quest and next time they are ready with everything. It's not fair to those who don't know what the questions are for the Newlywed, etc. and for those to bring their supplies in a bag at Quest.

I wish, to be fair to all, that the questions would be changed each time, (Know that is difficult) and the items in Quest were changed too.

I thought Quest was so funny and the same with the Newlywed game, but it's not the same when people are prepared. JMO. I know YMMV.

That may be true, but in our last cruise to Alaska in September aboard the Radiance, two of the contestants were a couple married 50 years. Without coaching or prior knowledge of the answers (I doubt they prepared by researching prior questions, and I'm sure they didn't care), thery won the came, as they answered more questions right than their younger counterparts.

As a single parent, I often had to buy bras for my young daughter, and I know my wive's bra sizes (this is my third marriage), as I often bought them nightgowns. My wife knows what my favorite condiment is, and I know enough about her family to know who I would not want to spend time with on a deserted island (she and I always have the same answer).

True newlyweds may be married to short a time to remember, while older married couples may be married too long to forget. :)

Katiel53 I'm with you!

Our last cruise we did a back to back. So did the couple that had been married the longest! They got picked both weeks (we'd changed CD's between week 1 and 2). Both weeks when asked how long they'd been married, they answered with so many years, so many months and so many days. The second week they beat another couple with the "how long" question by a month or two.

I really thought it was pathetic. How desperate for attention they must be. Needless to say, they won both times.

Kinda ruined the game for me. Just my two cents worth.

Ten years ago, we were on a cruise with some friends. One of the couples were newlyweds and wanted to go on that show very bad. It was called the Newlywed/Not So Newlywed game. As we entered the theater, they were handing out raffle tickets to everyone. I didn't mind going to watch, but I must admit I was nervous that they might pick us. Sure enough they picked my ticket and with a little or maybe a lot of encouragement from the rest of our group, we took the long walk up to the stage. I'm not going to reveal any of our answers, but I will tell you that we won! ha ha :o

Ok - first of all - I was just curious how one would get on the show. I don't think I'd have the courage to go on. Now that I've seen the questions, I don't think I'd be able to come up with the answers easily, and, quite frankly, I don't want the entire ship knowing those sorts of details. ie, no "hey look - it's the girl with the big *****". No thanks!

Second of all, it would only be a benefit if both parties knew the questions. Even if I discussed them at length with FI, he'd forget everything anyway, lol. Besides, with the wedding in less than two months, do you really think I'm going to take the time to memorize questions to a silly game show when I have a million other things I need to do?

So, you can calm down and chill. Sheesh. Be realistic. Very few newlyweds are going to go through that kind of effort. We just don't have time! If we really wanted to prepare for the questions, I'm sure a google search would suffice.

My husband and I were picked as the middle couple for the Love and Marriage show on the Explorer on 7/20. Our questions were.....

For hubby.....

1. Were did you go on your first date and how much was spent?

2. Your wife calls you at work and needs you to go buy her a bra..what is her size?

3. Who in your wife's family is the biggest trouble maker?

4. Which movie best describes your love life..free wiley, superman, gone in 60 seconds, mission impossible

Mine

1.What is your husband's most annoying habit?

2.Besides your husband....who would you want to be on a deserted island with?

3. what is the most unusual place you have made whoopie?

omg..I can't think of the other one!! I will run the dvd later and get the last one...or just go make another cup of coffee to jar my memory.

Oh, and how we got picked....

The couples who WANT to be in it stand up and they are fed the line ....it goes something like... owee owee baby i want to get groovy with you baby... (it was so silly who can remember). You both say it to each other. Hubby and I were the 4th couple to say it out of 15 that tried out for the middle spot. We were loud and extremely animated and very funny. Then the audience claps and the loudest applause wins.

Funny story: On one of our Carnival Cruises, the newlywed couple had been married early in the cruise. Their families were on board. The question came up for the men: Where was the first place you made woopy? The guy answered "her parents bed". Her Dad was sitting next to me and he was not happy since his daughter had just gotten married on the ship and his bed was back at his house which meant they didn't wait until they were married. It was too funny.

My husband and I were chosen long ago to be on the Newlywed and Not So Newlywed Game.. guessing it was probably on Soverign when she was "new". We, won!! And we were the middle couple. My husband really was not paying any attention to the other answers, or I guess he thought they were wrong and he was right. So, here goes

THey asked what kind of CONdem does your husband use. However the CD made it sound like condiment. Everyone gave a condem name, my husband was not the first one called, so he should have followed in the same direction. No, he says MAYONAISE. I was pretty embarrassed then. After 35 years of marriage, I just shake my head now.

But, have fun if you get chosen. We have never tried again... once is an experience that wil remain in our minds forever:p

I remember one 'love and marriage' show and the question was, "where is the most unusual place you have made whoppee". To fits of laughter the lady replied on the fron tof the ship, just like on the titantic. The Cruise Director then pointed out that this area is constantly under CCTV!!! She was mortified and so was her husband, for the rest of the cruise whereever they were everyone would talk to them about 'it' and make reference to it. This couple took it in good humour and they of course one the competition and the dinner at Portofinos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok - first of all - I was just curious how one would get on the show. I don't think I'd have the courage to go on. Now that I've seen the questions, I don't think I'd be able to come up with the answers easily, and, quite frankly, I don't want the entire ship knowing those sorts of details. ie, no "hey look - it's the girl with the big *****". No thanks!

Second of all, it would only be a benefit if both parties knew the questions. Even if I discussed them at length with FI, he'd forget everything anyway, lol. Besides, with the wedding in less than two months, do you really think I'm going to take the time to memorize questions to a silly game show when I have a million other things I need to do?

So, you can calm down and chill. Sheesh. Be realistic. Very few newlyweds are going to go through that kind of effort. We just don't have time! If we really wanted to prepare for the questions, I'm sure a google search would suffice.

LOL! I agree with you totally!:) We have never even gone to one but it seems obvious just from reading these posts that the questions aren't any secret. Just like the cruise jokes we hear in ad nausium on every cruise (does the elevator go to the front of the ship?).

On one of our cruises, the husband was asked which member of his wife's family he'd least like to be with on a cruise or a deserted island, or whatever. He was on the cruise with his wife's entire extended family and was totally mortified because they were all sitting right there in the front row. I can't remember what his answer was, but he really did NOT want to answer at all, and neither did his wife, when she came back on stage!

On another, the newlyweds revealed that they'd most recently made whoopee that afternoon on one of the tables in the main dining room. Of course, everyone wondered if it was the table at which they'd eaten dinner that night! The couple did NOT reveal the table number...

My husband and I were chosen long ago to be on the Newlywed and Not So Newlywed Game.. guessing it was probably on Soverign when she was "new". We, won!! And we were the middle couple. My husband really was not paying any attention to the other answers, or I guess he thought they were wrong and he was right. So, here goes

THey asked what kind of CONdem does your husband use. However the CD made it sound like condiment. Everyone gave a condem name, my husband was not the first one called, so he should have followed in the same direction. No, he says MAYONAISE. I was pretty embarrassed then. After 35 years of marriage, I just shake my head now.

But, have fun if you get chosen. We have never tried again... once is an experience that wil remain in our minds forever:p

Years ago, we were on a cruise (not Royal Caribbean) where they asked:

"What is your husband's favorite condiment?" They expected answers like "I don't think he uses one", "Trojans", etc. As much as I would want to play, my wife's English isn't the best (she's from overseas) and I wouldn't want her to be embarrassed.

Archived