Help please--Mercury #1200

LV2KruzCats

I am really a novice with this type of stuff---I know I saw a link or pictures to the above cabin, but I don't know to find it !

Would some one be so kind as to direct me how to find this. We were advised to switch from the CC cabin to a Sky Suite, so we would like to check it out.

Thanks !

I don't have a link to 1200 but I can tell you that the balcony is huge. Unless your Sky Suite is on deck 12 it won't have the same size balcony. We have sailed 3 times in 1200 and we book it very early to get it. The balcony and location are wonderful. Now the room is not as large as a SS, but unless the SS is on deck 12 the balcony for 1200 will be MUCH larger. Hope this helps.

Marty

I am really a novice with this type of stuff---I know I saw a link or pictures to the above cabin, but I don't know to find it !

Would some one be so kind as to direct me how to find this. We were advised to switch from the CC cabin to a Sky Suite, so we would like to check it out.

Thanks !

The URL is to the deck plan, which shows #1200. It is designated as a CC cabin.

There probably would not be an individual photo of that cabin because it is non-standard (large balcony). It would seem like a choice (CC) cabin to be in.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/plancruise/ships/deck.do;jsessionid=0000BTnwht-PDDLL7jqBt4mv1HS:12hdebcnj?shipCode=MR&deckCode=SK&sailDate=1071123

1200 is on the sky deck but it is not a sky suite, it is a CC cabin. There are four on that deck that are CC cabins, 1200,1201,1240 and 1241. They are very popular and sell out quickly because of the huge veranda's but definitely are not suites. The suites are all the outside cabins on that deck other than those four cabins mentioned above. The suites also have huge veranda's.

We're booked in CC 1200 in April and our TA highly recommended it. I have some concerns about noise due to the cabin being right next to the elevator and jogging track, and right above the Palm Springs Cafe.

How is the noise level in this cabin?

Are you going to be on an extended cruise...i.e. longer than 7 days? If so, you might want to opt for a Sky Suite..if the cost isn't too much more. I say this because we were in Sky Suite 1202 and had a huge balcony. But, the weather wasn't great (PNW 4 day cruise) so we couldn't take advantage of this huge balcony. However, if you are going to be on a cruise where the added space of a Sky Suite would be nice...and a bigger balcony is a plus...then go for the Sky Suite. If you are going on a cruise of 7 days or less and the weather may be iffy....then a huge balcony could not be so useful.

I think you will be fine in CC1200; but, if it is only a little more money for a Sky Suite, I'd go for the Sky Suite. Either way I think you'll have a great cruise.

LOVED IT!!!

There was some minor noise. The joggers didn't bother us, but the morons on their cell phones ( right in that area has good reception for some reason ), did get annoying at times. I wish they would just ban cell phones instead of adding towers. While enjoying the peacefulness of Alaska you are thrown for a loop buy a loud obnoxious ring tone followed by a "HI, guess where I am?!".

Other than the 'talkers' it was fine, and we've actually made the rounds with 1200/1241/1240.......

Dave:eek:

Are you going to be on an extended cruise...i.e. longer than 7 days? If so, you might want to opt for a Sky Suite..if the cost isn't too much more.

We'll be cruising for 14 nights and we'd love to have a Sky Suite, but unfortunately, they are all booked. Our TA is checking frequently to see if there are any cancellations so we can sneak into a suite. Otherwise, we'll stay with CC 1200.

Iggipolka

If your TA can get you into a Sky Suite...that would be great. I think the extra room would be appreciated on a 14 day cruise. But, if not, I think you will really enjoy CC1200. Aside from an occasional morning jogger, I don't think you will be inconvenienced. As for folks congregating outside on the deck for cell phone calls...I don't see this as a problem. I presume you will be out to sea for most of this cruise. Otherwise, the prohibitive cost of using your cell phone while "out to sea"....will dissuade most from trying this location.

Either way...I predict you are going to have a really good cruise. If a Sky Suite opens up...and not too much more dollar wise....then snag it. If not, you will really enjoy CC1200 which appears to be a sought after location due to its big balcony.

Don't sweat the small stuff and the "cruise gods"....will provide you with a great experience.

The URL is to the deck plan, which shows #1200. It is designated as a CC cabin.

There probably would not be an individual photo of that cabin because it is non-standard (large balcony). It would seem like a choice (CC) cabin to be in.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/plancruise/ships/deck.do;jsessionid=0000BTnwht-PDDLL7jqBt4mv1HS:12hdebcnj?shipCode=MR&deckCode=SK&sailDate=1071123

A couple of months ago, someone posted a link to pictures they took of the cabin and veranda, but we can't find it now.

That is what we were hoping for help with.

Here is a link to photos of 1241. Which is exactly the same cabin....just on the other side of the ship. The cabin is the same as all the other CC cabins as shown on the Celebrity site.........except it has a very large balcony because it is locate on the 12th deck with the sky suites. Cabin 1200 has a larger balcony because it does not have the angled cut out.

Hope this helps.

Marty

1241 was a hoot for me as I walked out to the balcony railing the first full day in my Scooby-Doo boxers and realized that there were a dozen or so people looking at me from the public decks. While 1240 and 1241 are nice, I prefer the more private `1200 that the OP has booked.

Dave:eek:

Woohoo! I just got a call from my TA and he was able to move us to a Sky Suite! Yippie!

The only bummer is that it's one of the suites with the slanted balcony, instead of the full rectangle. We're hoping that another suite opens up with a full balcony, but if not, that's fine too!

I'm not going to tell my partner that we've gotten a suite. I'm going to surprise her when we get to the ship. :D

Iggipolka

Glad to see your TA could snag a Sky Suite. You will be much happier..especially on a 14 day cruise. After looking at the web pictures of CC1200 and CC1241....I'm sure you will enjoy the extra room in a Sky Suite. Not that CC1200 doesn't look nice...but, the extra space will be well worth the extra dollars over a longer voyage.

Don't worry if you don't get into one of the other Sky Suites with the bigger balcony. The Sky Suites with the cutout balconies are more than adeqate.

P.S.....if you run into our butler, Kenneth,...he will take very good care of you. He's from Goa, India (old Portuguese trade island)...and has the most beautiful eyes. Plus, he's more than willing to accomodate your requests. Don't ask for escargot in lieu of canapes...but, you can get the escargot with your evening meal in lieu of an appetizer.

Bon Voyage.

Hi Dave,

Scooby Doo..........:p That would have been akward. We have had 1200 3 times and didn't have that problem. But we did have people from above looking down upon us. And last time our neighbors insisted on feeding the seagulls all their appetizers. Walked out on the balcony and it was like a scene from the movie "Birds". Finally as we had upwards of 30 seagulls bombing us we said enough is enough and knocked on their door. They stopped and said they didn't realize it would bother anyone. It was quite a site to see my DH out on the balcony in his boxers swing at seagulls with a coathanger.:D Where is the camera when you need it.

That was really nice of you DaveFr and Mellowtraveler and that was exactly what we wanted to see ! We have 1200 booked for a 14 night Hawaii trip and wanted to see if maybe we should try to book a Sky Suite instead, if we can get one on the same deck.

Decisions, decisions !

That was really nice of you DaveFr and Mellowtraveler and that was exactly what we wanted to see ! We have 1200 booked for a 14 night Hawaii trip and wanted to see if maybe we should try to book a Sky Suite instead, if we can get one on the same deck.

Decisions, decisions !

1200 is a great spot. I didn't hear any noise from the elevators or the running track and wasn't bothered by any noise from the deck above. It's a really easy ride down to the cafe one deck below and the dining room on decks 5 and 6. The extra space in a SS is nice, but having that large balcony anyway made it very pleasant.

Phil

1200 is a great spot. I didn't hear any noise from the elevators or the running track and wasn't bothered by any noise from the deck above. It's a really easy ride down to the cafe one deck below and the dining room on decks 5 and 6. The extra space in a SS is nice, but having that large balcony anyway made it very pleasant.

Phil

Phil is exactly right, great location. The fact that it has been one of the most sought after cabins on the ship since it came out speaks for itself. All those people can't be wrong...

Phil is exactly right, great location. The fact that it has been one of the most sought after cabins on the ship since it came out speaks for itself. All those people can't be wrong...

Have just been moved from CC1000 to CC1201 for Mercury

Australia & New Zealand January 2008, will there be sufficient shade for the summer down under

David

Have just been moved from CC1000 to CC1201 for Mercury

Australia & New Zealand January 2008, will there be sufficient shade for the summer down under

David

The balcony is about one third covered and two thirds uncovered. The covered part is pretty much the same as you would have had in 1000. You'll be on the opposite side of the ship and of course it does depend upon the position of the sun. Looking at your route I'd say you will be on the sunnier side most of the trip facing north, especially on the sea days. I think you really lucked out. You have a larger balcony and are pretty much mid ships so any pitching you get will be less pronounced than if you were further forward as before.

Enjoy your trip. It looks a wonderful itinerary:cool:

Phil

We are in this cabin doing Australia to New Zealand for Christmas and New Year. Flying the flag for Wales. Will report on balcony when i get home

20+ Cruises

Rhapsody Asia November 2007

Mercury Australia December 2007

Oriana Europe May 2008

Thomson Destiny Caribbean December 2008

Archived