Christmas cruising??

Jaxgal

My DH and I are considering booking the Carnival Glory Christmas cruise this weekend. We are in our early 30's, live in FL, have no kids and most of DH's family is up in the cold of Western NY. This year we'd planned to visit my parents in Ocala FL for Xmas, but they're fine with visiting us beforehand so we can do the cruise. We're wondering how it is being away from the mainland over the Christmas holiday with no other family members present? This really won't bother me at all, since I come from a small family, but could see DH feeling a bit isolated. Once we get on board I bet he would be fine as we love the Sun, beach and cruising, but just wondering if others have cruised over Xmas without a big family presence to share the holidays with? Are there other couples on the ship or mostly large families? Thanks ahead of time, trying to convince DH to book today so any info is greatly appreciated! :);)

We have done a family cruise with my husband's family 2 times, will be doing a 3rd one next year. Although, we go with a group of about 20. We also do it the week before Christmas..

From my experience there are lots of families but there are many couples also.. Frankly I don't think it matters either way.. But there will be "lots" of kids around.. So if you don't like kids then going with an upscale cruise line is the way to go..

If both your families are okay with you going away for Christmas. Then go and have fun...

we did this, though not Carnival but on NCL. Yes it was mostly families and a lot of kids, many couples and surprisingly many people were traveling by themselves. Christmas on the beach was alot of fun and something I always wanted to do. Sure beat the usual snow. Ths year we are going to spend Christmas with family and sail on a New Years cruise. Any vacation is what you make of it.

Done 3 Xmas cruises already - just the 3 of us parents and kid. We enjoy them! Just by ourselves.

However, it may be too late for you to book ... most ships are full the Xmas week!

Sunning on beach and drinking rum n coke on Xmas Day sure is tops!! :D :D

We're booked for our fourth Christmas cruise this year. It's a nice time for us to get away. Neither of our families makes a big deal out of Christmas. We're close enough that we visit them frequently during the year.

Archived