Port Everglades Open.....

sail7seas

I have heard several references this morning on Fox News that Port Everglades is open and operating. IF there had been any sort of nasty damage, I am sure it would have been mentioned.

Thankfully, we can all look forward to our cruises boarding there.

I hope those who are going to Port Everglades today to board Zuiderdam have a smooth, easy embarkation and a great time on the abbreviated itinerary.

AMEN:) ....now, lets keep our fingers crossed for the next sailing too;)

They held a press conference this morning~The Lt Governor of FL was at the mike...

She said the first priorities were getting the Oil off the barges from the Port in order for them to be distributed to the Gas Stations around the state...and she mentioned there were cruiseships out there too! (But I don't believe they were first priority) which is understandable.

Looks like both got into the Port ok:) ....THANKFULLY!

If I lived near enough to Port Everglades to make it reasonably convenient, I would definitely board for the shortened itinerary. I don't think I would fly in from the West Coast for so few days, though.

I looked at the port operations lists for Miami and FLL. Both of them showed cruise ships started docking about 5am and it looked like about every 15 minutes after that. I think all of the wanderers are in port now. I see there are at least a couple of gasoline tankers in port, too.

If I lived near enough to Port Everglades to make it reasonably convenient, I would definitely board for the shortened itinerary. I don't think I would fly in from the West Coast for so few days, though.

Me too. I wonder how full the ship will be? Do you think they are doing anything to fill up the ship with the known cancelations?

I would go.. Gee maybe I should call HAL: "Hello, my name is Nancy Liedel and I undesrtand there are some people who are reluctant to cruise after a large hurricane. I would just like you to know you can count on me to volunteer to test the ships out by taking a cruise and then tell the public how it is. Just a little customer service from a loyal cruiser and someone who likes HAL.. Oh and I know you will want me to test out the very best accomadations..."..

What do you think? nah me either ;)

I can't help but wonder how long it will be before there are regular flight schedules. I've seem relatively small thunder storms mess up the whole Southeast routine and this storm is still out there....especially between Atlanta and Ft Lauderdale. With Atlanta being the major hub I'd think it's going to be days before things get anywhere close to being back to normal.

I can't help but wonder how long it will be before there are regular flight schedules. I've seem relatively small thunder storms mess up the whole Southeast routine and this storm is still out there....

You are right, lightening will close the ramp quick. It will be a while before schedules are back to normal, system-wide since bad weather has a domino effect on airline operations.

Randy, they are always cautious...summertime around here ALWAYS brings thunderstorms...but you know they want to get back up and running ASAP.

I am supposed to be flying from here (JAX) to FLL on Friday......IF SW tells me they aren't flying I will drive down......but for some it is not that easy.

My daughter is a flight attendant for Song (Delta). She's just returned after working a round trip flight to Boston from Ft. Lauderdale.

Her northbound flight departed 3 mins early at 7.21am and her southbound flight arrived Ft. Lauderdale 7 mins early at 2.22pm.

The flights were booked full in both directions, however the flights had a 'few' empty seats at departure.

Archived