All Things Glory...

kinggartk

Hi guys, my PVP just sent me a pdf with 50+ pages of pics and info on the Glory! I uploaded it to ***** so you guys can download it! It's very informative with great pics of all the public areas. Let me know if it doesn't work! Sorry if someone has posted this before.

Carnival Glory

Great info! Thanks:)

orientpiscesgirl88: Wow Thanks so much for posting that link....great info...I have to get reading....I sail on Glory on Saturday!! Can't wait...

jane

No problem! I am happy for you yet jealous at the same time:p! I'll be looking forward to your review when you get back! Happy Sailing!!!

hello all,

i've just booked a guaranteed cabin on the glory, sailing in september and was immediately assigned a cabin # (1254). Has anyone else done this and is it possible the cabin assignment will change (hoping for an upgrade).

also, is smoking allowed at all the bars, dining areas?

Thanks in advance!

does anyone know which deck you enter the dining rooms from?

Why, are you planning on booking the cabin closest to the dining room door? :p

Just kidding. Seems like an odd question, but there are a lot of things asked by folks here that seem odd to me. I'm sure the things I'm curious about seem odd to others.

Can you not enter from both decks? We could on every ship I've been on. Have you looked at the deck plans? I would think they'd show the entrances to the dining rooms.

orient...: Thanks for that link. Once April 15 passes by, I'll actually have some time to sit and "learn" my way around the ship. Of course, when I finally board, I'll be lost for the first few days, anyway, no matter how prepared I think I am beforehand!

Can anyone give me any information on the 6A cabins on the Glory, Riviera Deck. Are the windows portholes or full size? Does the cabins in the stern hear or feel noise from the engines, etc? The reason why I'm asking has to do with the posting below.

Has anyone been put on a waiting list for a type of cabin befre? Not particularly a specific cabin except one uder the club or dining room. I was going to upgrade my cabin deck, but when I saw the difference for the OCV is only $50.00 more, I decided to go with an OCV. The balcony is just out of the questions right now. I'm getting a good rate to upgrage from my IS to an OCV room on the Glory, but the only OCV rooms available are on the Riviera Deck (stern, not portholes. Too close to engines?) and the Upper Deck. On the Upper Deck, the only rooms available are in the 7204, 7205,and 7206. these rooms have an obstructed view with a railing, on a a public deck and possibly a life boat in front of them. I called my PVP on yesterday to see if any other OCV's had opened and she said everything was booked, but they may have cancellations on OCV right before final payment is due on May 26. She put me I was on the waiting list and stated that I may get preferred status due to being paid in full, past guest and military. She told me also to check the websites to see if anything oepend up, which I do almost daily. Any other suggestions or ideas?

I called Carnival and found out the only extended balconies are aft.

On the Eastern 7 day which nights are formal nights?

We had an extended balcony in cabin 6450, it's a "sideways" cabin so the balcony is twice as long

2482152290098466749VfVmfr_th.jpg

The cabin has a different set up as well and there is no sofa, I did miss that a bit but we spent most of our time out on the balcony so it wasn't so bad.

The formal nights were Sunday and Thursday.

WOW!!! I am blown away (and very excited). We will be travelling all the way from Australia for a 6 week trip to USA. One week is our cruise I am about to book on Glory June 6th 2009! The info here has been invaluable - thanks to each and every one of you!

We are travelling with our 2 daughters (10 and 12) and looking at a balcony room with a couch - can anyone give me which cabins I should be requesting?

Also, we will fly into Orlando the day before (from Baltimore), and will take some kind of public transport to PC (where there have been some fantastic recommendations on this thread for accommodation). We will then take public transport back to Orlando after the cruise to stay in timeshare.

We are beginner cruisers, so if there is any info we need that you think it essential - please share! The cabin is probably the biggest concern for us.

Can't tell you how many weeks and hours it has taken for us to decide on Carnival (as opposed to RCC)!

Thanks

If you haven't already done so, I recommend checking the East Coast Departures subforum for Florida Departures. There's a fantastic thread there entitled "I work in Port Canaveral" with a couple of locals who have just been fantastic with providing information about transportation, hotels, restuarants, shopping, and anything else you could possibly want to know about passing through their area to and from your cruise.

I also recommend that you check out this site...

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=t_ibp&cid=402

There you will find anything and everything about the ship, the deck plans and the cabin layouts. You can browse by cabin category or go to the link for a particular deck and see what bed configuration is in which cabins.

WOW!!! I am blown away (and very excited). We will be travelling all the way from Australia for a 6 week trip to USA. One week is our cruise I am about to book on Glory June 6th 2009! The info here has been invaluable - thanks to each and every one of you!

We are travelling with our 2 daughters (10 and 12) and looking at a balcony room with a couch - can anyone give me which cabins I should be requesting?

Also, we will fly into Orlando the day before (from Baltimore), and will take some kind of public transport to PC (where there have been some fantastic recommendations on this thread for accommodation). We will then take public transport back to Orlando after the cruise to stay in timeshare.

We are beginner cruisers, so if there is any info we need that you think it essential - please share! The cabin is probably the biggest concern for us.

Can't tell you how many weeks and hours it has taken for us to decide on Carnival (as opposed to RCC)!

Thanks

Scarlettlab,

We (DH, myself, and 2 DSs) cruised on the Glory last May and had room 1065...loved it. Boys were 4 and 3 and the location couldn't be beat. probably even better for older kids.

Two doors down and you are into the elevator/stair area to the right and the doors to the upper hot tub/pool off the lido deck. 1065 is on Panorama deck, but as far as we were concerned, the perfect place to be. Never were bothered by any noises from the elevators (and I'm a light sleeper) activity above, or lido noise. We liked the ship and room so much we are leaving again in two weeks (:D ) on the Glory with 1065 again. Can't beat the balcony, either.

Congrats on deciding on Carnival. This will be my 7th on Carnival and have never felt the need to try another line.

Hope this helped!

Sunni

Hey cruiseout! We will be on that same cruise with you. 3adults and 3 teenagers. First cruise for us. Can't wait til we sail![/color]

Enjoy your first cruise....I doubt it will be your last....the glory is a great ship...my review link is below with pics...its long....

have a blast...........

Poor Joan/NCT has had a rough weekend - with a long drive in a hot car....so looks like she needs to repost the link to the correct site? :D:D

Yes, I did have a long drive in a hot car!

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Carnival/glory.php

Perhaps this is what I meant!

At least I didn't give a link to the IRS! :p

Sorry about that. Maybe my brain will recover from its mush-like state before I sail!

Can anyone give me any information on the 6A cabins on the Glory, Riviera Deck. Are the windows portholes or full size? Does the cabins in the stern hear or feel noise from the engines, etc? The reason why I'm asking has to do with the posting below.

Has anyone been put on a waiting list for a type of cabin befre? Not particularly a specific cabin except one uder the club or dining room. I was going to upgrade my cabin deck, but when I saw the difference for the OCV is only $50.00 more, I decided to go with an OCV. The balcony is just out of the questions right now. I'm getting a good rate to upgrage from my IS to an OCV room on the Glory, but the only OCV rooms available are on the Riviera Deck (stern, not portholes. Too close to engines?) and the Upper Deck. On the Upper Deck, the only rooms available are in the 7204, 7205,and 7206. these rooms have an obstructed view with a railing, on a a public deck and possibly a life boat in front of them. I called my PVP on yesterday to see if any other OCV's had opened and she said everything was booked, but they may have cancellations on OCV right before final payment is due on May 26. She put me I was on the waiting list and stated that I may get preferred status due to being paid in full, past guest and military. She told me also to check the websites to see if anything oepend up, which I do almost daily. Any other suggestions or ideas?

The windows are regular size windows in most of those rooms..check Carnival's site and on the deck plans is a legend telling which rooms have what type windows, bed sizes, etc.

Archived