All Things Glory...

kinggartk

I promise to post a long review with pics when we return. In about 48 hours, we'll be landing in Orlando, picking up the rental car, and heading to Cocoa Beach.

:D

Bye Joan - have a SUPER GREAT TIME - I know you will and I await with bated breath your review, pics and recommendations!

Have fun!:D

Frouf:cool:

I'm getting some conflicting information. What is the voltage on the Glory and will a regular steamers work or will I need a travel steamer with dual voltage. I'll have a power strip for the cameras, laptops, etc.

I'm getting some conflicting information. What is the voltage on the Glory and will a regular steamers work or will I need a travel steamer with dual voltage. I'll have a power strip for the cameras, laptops, etc.

it has 110 volt or 220 volt in the cabin at the outlet at the desk

Just got off the Glory on Saturday, what a beautiful ship! Kids clubs were great, I have 4 kids in 3 of the age groups. Tibor in the dining room was fantastic. Can't complain about the room steward. Any questions, just let me know.

My DS is 8 yo. We will be on the Glory 1-3-09, and I'd love to get a copy of the Camp Carnival Capers, if you have them for his age group.

When we went on our 1-3-08 Celebration cruise, he wouldn't participate much in Camp Carnival. He's very shy. I'm hoping to figure out a way to get him to go...because I know once he gets to know a few kids, he'll love it. I even tried to get my brother to let my 6 yo neice go on the cruise... but they won't let her go for that long.:rolleyes: I guess I can understand.

Anyway, if you'll let me know, I'd appreciate it.

My addy is mdsgoneal at yahoo dot com.:)

Thanks,

DJ

I promise to post a long review with pics when we return. In about 48 hours, we'll be landing in Orlando, picking up the rental car, and heading to Cocoa Beach.

:D

Can't wait for the LONG review!!

DJ

I've posted my review (on the board, not in the Reviews section, yet). I've also uploaded pics AND the capers for the "new" Western itinerary.

We had a wonderful time. She's a huge ship, but other than the few times when many people were trying to do the same thing at once, she didn't feel any more congested or crowded than any other ship I've sailed (and they've all been full).

I loved the Fish & Chips and having a real counter for the sushi bar and not just a cart.

I do wish the aft pool were adults only. And I hated the layout and congestion at the main Lido pool, but I don't normally spend time in that area, anyway.

I thought there were areas of the buffet that could've been organized better (like NOT having the omelette station right in the middle with no trays and no access to the other buffet food without having to get back in a long line).

I found the smoke to be MUCH worse than it was on the Miracle.

And the slots were not kind to me. :(

We both decided we'd rank it a close 2nd behind our Miracle cruise, because we absolutely loved the ports. We had great excursions in Coz, Roatan and Belize, and even enjoyed ourselves in Freeport.

They did switch days with Belize and Roatan, but our independent excursion folks were waiting for us. That change gave us an extra 1-1/2 hours in Roatan, which was fine with us!

I wouldn't hesitate to book on the Glory again. I love sailing out of Port Canaveral (even though we always seem to be at muster drill during sailaway at that port, but not at the others).

I am looking for a good hotel with transportation to PC suggestion. We are arriving a day early so we can spend a day at Disney in Orlando and catch the cruise at PC on Saturday.

People sailing from Port Canaveral can find answers to everything they could possibly want to know in the "I Work in Port Canaveral" thread on the Florida Departures board.

The locals that post in that thread provide tons of information and are very, very helpful.

People sailing from Port Canaveral can find answers to everything they could possibly want to know in the "I Work in Port Canaveral" thread on the Florida Departures board.

The locals that post in that thread provide tons of information and are very, very helpful.

Here is the thread, wonderfull, I agree

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=436720&page=201

Im such a hard head I still had to check hotels and such before I settled on the Radisson. Free parking and free shuttle both ways (to and from the port) vs. paying for parking at the port. Originally we were going to stay the night in Orlando.

Here is the thread, wonderfull, I agree

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=436720&page=201

Im such a hard head I still had to check hotels and such before I settled on the Radisson. Free parking and free shuttle both ways (to and from the port) vs. paying for parking at the port. Originally we were going to stay the night in Orlando.

The free shuttle is an even greater value now that the Port charges $15 a day to park.:( We still vote for the Radisson, stayed there numerous times.

I've enjoyed reading this forum. I have just decided on the Glory for my mom and I for October 18. Thanks for all the useful information here! We have only sailed the Fantasy class, so I'm looking forward to the "big ship" feel with the Glory. We are booking a balcony this time.

Lisa

2xihgo637k48ekww.png

I've enjoyed reading this forum. I have just decided on the Glory for my mom and I for October 18. Thanks for all the useful information here! We have only sailed the Fantasy class, so I'm looking forward to the "big ship" feel with the Glory. We are booking a balcony this time.

Lisa

I have also booked a balcony for the Glory for 6 June 2009 for my family. I can't wait as we've never been to the Caribbean and have only every cruised once around the South Pacific. Holiday can't come soon enough!

Thanks for such a great thread - it has some invaluable information.

Well, I love the Fantasy class. I'm really looking foward to seeing how I feel about Fascination after having sailed Miracle and Glory now. I suspect I won't miss that "big ship" feel at all! I will miss the Fish & Chips, but I doubt I'll go hungry.

;)

I've already started searching for 2009 cruises, and at least I'm now not afraid of the big ships. I don't mind all the walking (I need all the exercise I can get), but I'm not crazy about the mobs, but those were rare occasions.

Long story short, I paid for an uprade from an IS Empress to Balcony Upper this weekend. I called today to see if some friends could use my military rate for the same cruise. Agent/PVP I spoke to changed my booking from military rate to past guest rate using code DP3 and got upgraded from Upper Balcony (bow) to Empress Balcony (midship).:D

• 2 weeks later...

No, haven't stayed there but, yes, any movement is felt more the higher you are on the ship. I mean, just look at them. If you're looking at the bow, and there is side-to-side movement, of course the higher you are, the more side-to-side movement there will be. And the further forward, the move up and down there will be. Just watch a small boat flying along. The bow bounces along while the stern pretty much stays put. Of course the movement is more exaggerated the smaller the ship/boat.

Verandah deck on Miracle was the highest I've ever been and there was noticeable side-to-side movement.

But, honestly, on the Glory, I had to keep looking out a window to see whether I was truly walking forward or aft. I felt next to no movement the entire cruise.

However, the brothers who were at our table for dinner (they were in an inside on Lido), said they felt a LOT of movement in their cabin the night we had the storm. If it hadn't been for seeing lightening out the window during dinner, I wouldnt' have known there was a storm.

Seriously. The ginger + bonine has given me sea legs. I'm ready for an around-the-world cruise! :D

Anyone ever stay as high as the Panarama Deck on a Balcony? I wonder if the movement is worse there than lower in the ship? It looks like this is the deck we might end up on.

We stayed in cabin 1044, an inside cabin on Glory last Dec. Loved the location and we didn't notice any more movement than you would expect. I would choose Panorama deck again in a heartbeat.

HTH

Jerry

• 1 month later...

Archived