Has anyone missed Labadee?

mcgore83

This is our first stop on our cruise next November. Anyone experienced not being able to tender to this port? I know Coca Cay is often missed. I am so looking forward to seeing this island (Dragon's breath, of course). All replies are appreciated. Could also use helpful hints.

This is our first stop on our cruise next November. Anyone experienced not being able to tender to this port? I know Coca Cay is often missed. I am so looking forward to seeing this island (Dragon's breath, of course). All replies are appreciated. Could also use helpful hints.

We sailed in April and had no problem tendering in Labadee. Enjoy it - great photo ops.

Ships going to Labadee use fixed mooring balls instead of anchoring. Plus, the mooring is in a cove instead of out in the open like Coco Cay. The tender ride is very short through sheltered waters.

You are far lass likely to miss Labadee than Coco Cay.

Mark K - I was thinking the same thing. It was beautiful.

We were looking forward to a relaxing beach day. We spent the day exploring the island, then showing the rest of our group what we found.

We need to go again, just to enjoy the beach, the water and lunch. :)

Labadee was our first ever cruise ship port of call on the Majesty of the seas in January of 1996. The weather was windy and rainy with a temperature of about 60. We skipped it and continued on to Jamaica. Of course, we were behind schedule due to a snow storm on sailaway day, so I have never been to Labadee.

jc

Can't remember how many times we went to Labadee over the years but it must be at least a dozen - never had to skip it due to weather. Missed Coco twice so far in a boatload of sailings.

As has been stated we did bypass Labadee a couple of times due to political problems.

That being said it is often the highlight of the cruise for me - the perfect place to kick back and relax - listen to waves on the beach - have a cold something in your hand - enjoy the sun and when you get a little warm move under a tree.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the replies. I really hope we get to stop. For those of you who missed Labadee and continued to Jamica, did you stay overnight? If so, what did you do? Thanks in advance, you guys are great!

We missed Labadee and Dominican Republic on our 10/26/07 due to Noel but we went to St. Maartin instead which we were very happy about! :D

Archived