Cabin 6090 - Regatta

whiskers9

We had Cabin 8066 earlier this year and absolutely loved the location! :) It afforded us the best view of the Panama Canal from it's large veranda. You have a better view of everything from that location. The only drawback was the distance from the elevator/stairs. You'll be very happy with 6090.

We stayed in 6090 on our Med cruise in August on Nautica. The room was fine, location was quiet (in regard to other guests that is) but the vibration from the engines when they had the ship traveling at faster speeds wasn't very good. I would say there were probably two nights where it interfered with either my or my DW's sleep. When the ship was traveling at a more modest rate there wasn't any vibration or noise.

As far the the view was concerned it was just fine and we quite enjoyed it. It is a bit of a walk to the elevators but not bad really because the ship isn't that big.

Nice large balcony.

whiskers9 –

DW and I just got back yesterday from our Barcelona – Miami crossing in cabin 6093, one of the two B1 stern cabins. Had a wild ride for one day approaching Bermuda: 60+ mph winds and seas of about 25-30 feet according to the Captain. The ship had to slow down to 12-13 kn, which meant that we had to by-pass Bermuda. Had a ‘front-row’ seat on our aft balcony, those waves were just awesome. To our great delight we found out that neither one of us got seasick. Carribeansun is correct about the vibration, but it did not bother us at all. Last year we crossed east-bound in cabin 6090 and next April we’ll go on Azamara Quest in VS 6093. As you can see, we love those two balconies – and cabins.

Enjoy the view.

We thoroughly enjoyed our experience on Nautica last summer, primarily because of our cabin 7121--view/location/large balcony. Actually we feel these aft cabins are the best value and really appreciated the privacy on the balcony--especially on the few sea days (pool area gets quite crowded).

• 1 month later...

Hi

Our first trip on Nautica we were in stateroom 6054 which was very quiet. However, we had stateroom 6065 on Regatta on our last trip (Nov 2008) and found that the noise and vibrations from the engines disturbed our quiet enjoyment of the cruise and our sleep. Fortunately we were able to be moved and full credit to Bruno the concierge who did all he could to resolve the problem. We have noted that there are a few staterooms that are subject to engine noise and vibration and plan on keeping away from them on our next trip which we have already booked.

Hi all, keen to hear all the comments re cabins, we plan to book on the Regatta for Baltic in June 09. 09 comes out in Feb and I would like to have some good cabins to target, a balcony is a must for us. Last years Med cruise I only found these boards after booking, and found there are many cabins that are must haves and those to avoid.

Keep this thread going as this is the info I need. Cheers and Happy New Year!!

Hi

Our first trip on Nautica we were in stateroom 6054 which was very quiet. However, we had stateroom 6065 on Regatta on our last trip (Nov 2008) and found that the noise and vibrations from the engines disturbed our quiet enjoyment of the cruise and our sleep.

You would not think a cabin on deck 6 midships would get the engine noise...very strange.

We were on deck 4 #4051 & the only noise we heard was when the staff would go in/out of their office & the door would bang shut.

For the first year O sailed 6090 and 6093 were the secret special cabins..the veranda is much larger than any othe veranda due to the configuration of the ship..usually they are the first to go..you will enjoy!!

Jan

You would not think a cabin on deck 6 midships would get the engine noise...very strange.

We were on deck 4 #4051 & the only noise we heard was when the staff would go in/out of their office & the door would bang shut.

The noise and vibration is caused by the exhaust vents (or whatever they are) for the engines below, which go up all levels opposite some of the staterooms. We wandered around the ship and found patches of noises opposite these areas. We were surprised to find that one of the quietest spots was on level 4 which you would think would be noisier closer to the engines.

Did you hear noise from the dining room below? Do you think the extra cost for room 6093 cat. B1 is worth it? Or should we just get a cat. B2? We will be traveling in Nov. and hope to use the veranda. Thank you for your help.

Keep in mind the B2's are over the dining room or the theatre the other B1's are mid ship.

We are trying a B2 this trip (over dining room) so will report back on noise or lack there of.

sashabay -

We cruised in both 6090 and 6093. At full speed you can feel the engine (or exhaust) vibration, but we find it quite nice and reassuring. Reminds us that we are on a ship. Usually we eat early and spend the evening in our cabin / balcony. I do not remember hearing any noise from the GDR below. Even if I could, it would be a small price to pay for the great location of those cabins.

esme466 -

Thanks for posting the link to my pix at smugmug.

sashabay -

We cruised in both 6090 and 6093. At full speed you can feel the engine (or exhaust) vibration, but we find it quite nice and reassuring. Reminds us that we are on a ship. Usually we eat early and spend the evening in our cabin / balcony. I do not remember hearing any noise from the GDR below. Even if I could, it would be a small price to pay for the great location of those cabins.

esme466 -

Thanks for posting the link to my pix at smugmug.

Whiskers

You might want to click on to www.juergen.smugmug.com for pictures of your cabin and balcony.

Thanks for sharing your pictures. We are in 6090 on Insigna Venice to Barcelona in June and was wondering about the cabin and the balcony. I really wanted an aft for this trip and it looks wonderful. Thanks again.

I stayed in aft balcony on the Azamara Journey (7121). The trade off for the larger balcony sq footage is the sensation of being boxed in. There is a prominent overhang which together with the (almost total) partitions on both sides of the veranda creates that feeling. I would not pay a premium for that veranda as the normal verandas on that deck are adequate for comfortable dining and/or drinking.

Hi

Our first trip on Nautica we were in stateroom 6054 which was very quiet. However, we had stateroom 6065 on Regatta on our last trip (Nov 2008) and found that the noise and vibrations from the engines disturbed our quiet enjoyment of the cruise and our sleep. Fortunately we were able to be moved and full credit to Bruno the concierge who did all he could to resolve the problem. We have noted that there are a few staterooms that are subject to engine noise and vibration and plan on keeping away from them on our next trip which we have already booked.

We have booked our first Oceania cruise on the Regatta for Oct.20,2008, in room 4028 does anyone know anything about engine noise and vibrations in that area of the ship. Also is there dancing available everynight. Thanks, ladybug 7

We were booked into a concierge stateroom for a voyage last Sept. from London to Rome. Our stateroom was 7116, which is directly above 6090.

The first night the hum and vibration from the engines were not a relaxing ship board experience. This board had highly recommended this type of stateroom, even stating that this was the best kept secret on the ship However we were on a ship that was booked to capacity, and moved when we had the opportunity as someone had to get off the ship, 3 days later. So I would say, this is a negative, if you are a light sleeper...

However, this is a great view, when you are standing, however if seated or in bed, you cannot see thru the steel, 36-42" off floor. Don't know if this exit on 6090, but the portside cabin with the balcony. has a better view. Let me know if you want further info on this ship..

We were in 6090 on a Baltics cruise in August. The vibration was not an issue for us (although we could feel it at times) because the cruise was so port-intensive -- only 1 sea day, plus 1 day through the Kiel Canal with no vibration since Regatta was traveling so slowly.

You are correct about the balcony on 6090: there is a steel wall blocking part of your view unless you are standing. There is a trade-off between the large aft balconies with the partial blocked view and the smaller but more open feeling port and starboard balconies. How to choose?? Choose both! We have 2 cruises booked for 08: starboard side 6079 on Nautica in June and back to 6090 on Regatta in December!

This is the first time I heard of a steel wall blocking part of the view of room 6090 on the Regatta. Do you mean if you sit on the veranda you can not see the view of the ocean only when standing? Please get back to me and let me know if this is the case. We are booked into room 6090 for Nov. and would like to change rooms if the view is blocked.

Thanks, Looking forward to hearing from all CC who know anything about this.

Archived