Middle Initial on e-ticket?

lauren0309

I got a great package deal on US Airways (I know all about the delays, cancellations, etc.) but read all this after I had booked with this airline already. It's after the fact and I'm already booked so I can't do anything about.

Anyway my question is, that I was just reading the terms and conditions and it said your name on the ticket should appear exactly as it appears on your ID including your middle initial. I did not include our middle initial on the e-tickets but our middle initial is on drivers licenses. Will I have a problem at the airport? I was going to e-mail the airline to send another e-ticket but I don't want to start problems for myself and maybe just should let it go. I usually do curbside check-in. Is that airline that critical? I've never use my middle initial on other plane tickets before. I hope it won't be a problem.

Don't see that you'll have any problem.

I've never included a middle initial or name on airline tickets yet my DL has full middle name shown. Also have flown my mother who actually goes by her middle name, not her first. Her air tickets had her middle name only but DL shows full first and middle name.

Wouldn't worry about it. Have a good trip!

Don't see that you'll have any problem.

I've never included a middle initial or name on airline tickets yet my DL has full middle name shown. Also have flown my mother who actually goes by her middle name, not her first. Her air tickets had her middle name only but DL shows full first and middle name.

Wouldn't worry about it. Have a good trip!

funny....my mom has the same situation.....the airlines go nuts so i have to put all her names on all tickets, etc.

I have a similar sort of problem. My full name is something like Jonathon James Jones but from birth my parents called me Jim. Everybody knows me as Jim Jones. My signature is J. James Jones. It's on my credit card. Looks a bit pretentious, but that's what it is. Not my choice.

Along comes bureaucracy. Enter your first name, middle initial, last name. No flexibility. All computerized. Must match, but doesn't.

Archived