Bad Passenger Habits

I observed this on our last Jewel cruise and I can't believe that no one else has a problem with this.

Every day in the Windjammer I noticed people using the tongs and tossing them back onto the trays. Never just leaning them as is normally the custom, just tossing the tongs onto or into whatever dish. Obviously the next person in line gets to fish out the tongs. With all the concern about viruses, shouldn't this be a concern???

My question is simply, WHERE WERE THESE PEOPLE RAISED???

The cruiselines work really hard to avoid contamination. Why can't the passengers put in a little effort to comply??

At least they were using tongs. I've seen too many to count that use their bare hands to pick up cookies, cake and sandwiches. EEWWWW!

I have seen this too...using there hands...... picking up food!! eewwwie! Is right! Not to mention countless number of people who don't wash their hands when they use the bathroom! So we try to avoid Windjammer also!!! :mad:

At least they were using tongs. I've seen too many to count that use their bare hands to pick up cookies, cake and sandwiches. EEWWWW!

I saw someone pick up 5 or 6 cookies from the tray in the Windjammer on my last cruise. I got a crew member and insisted it be removed. :mad: There is no excuse for that kind of ignorance in this day and age!

That is why I liked sailing on NCL this past January. No one served themselves when going through the buffet line. They had servers, wearing gloves and using tongs that served everyone. And if you felt that the portion they gave you was too small all you had to do was ask for another serving and they glady gave you more.

From some of the posts I've read on different subjects, here at Cruise Critic, my first trip on Royal Caribbean should be an interesting one.

What is worse is when a man leaves the urinal and goes straight to the hand drying machine. I have witnessed this several times!!:eek:

Or just open the door and leaves

And heads straight to the Windjammer for lunch.:eek:

That is why I liked sailing on NCL this past January. No one served themselves when going through the buffet line. They had servers, wearing gloves and using tongs that served everyone. And if you felt that the portion they gave you was too small all you had to do was ask for another serving and they glady gave you more.

HAL (Holland America) does this too. I wish Royal Caribbean would start doing the same.

OK. I've got one that really tops all of these. It will make your stomach curl so STOP if you don't want that to happen. Note that this didn't take place on a cruise ship (it could have), but happened instead at a buffet with self serve ice cream. A lady right in front of me scopped ice cream out, licked the ball on the scoop, and tossed the scoop of ice cream back into the ice cream container. I was there with my tounge hanging out and when I finally said something to the effect "I can't believe you just did that," she shrugged her shoulders and said that it was bad and walked away. The resteraunt threw out the container but I'm still dumfounded to this day! It is truly unfortunate that many in today's society live in a "me, me, me, ..." world.

OK. I've got one that really tops all of these. It will make your stomach curl so STOP if you don't want that to happen. Note that this didn't take place on a cruise ship (it could have), but happened instead at a buffet with self serve ice cream. A lady right in front of me scopped ice cream out, licked the ball on the scoop, and tossed the scoop of ice cream back into the ice cream container. I was there with my tounge hanging out and when I finally said something to the effect "I can't believe you just did that," she shrugged her shoulders and said that it was bad and walked away. The resteraunt threw out the container but I'm still dumfounded to this day! It is truly unfortunate that many in today's society live in a "me, me, me, ..." world.

Note To Self: NEVER (I mean NEVER) eat at a self serve ice cream buffet!!! :eek: NEVER!!!

OMG :eek: - some people have ABSOLUTELY NO COMMON SENSE!!!! :mad:

It's almost as bad as this kid at walmart with his head tipped upside down and his mouth wrapped around the nossel of the selfserve icy machine as the "mother" (I use that term loosely!) nudges her hubby, points at her son and laughs!!! :rolleyes:

I wanted to walk up to them and tell them their pieces of straw were missing from their teeth!! :p Geeesshhhh DANG HILLBILLIES!!!!

I have seen this too...using there hands...... picking up food!! eewwwie! Is right! Not to mention countless number of people who don't wash their hands when they use the bathroom! So we try to avoid Windjammer also!!! :mad:

That is my point. We avoid the WJ also for this reason. That is why I believe the dining room should be open for lunch daily & waffles offerred in the DR at breakfast.

Also how many do you see filling water bottles from the wter fountains many many people. Thye do not realise that they have had their mouths round the neck of the bottle so all their germs go on the water fountain. Also people filling their bottles when the juice is around at breakfast too mean to purchase any during the day.

We also saw a lady, I will call her that, who put her finger in the sauce, she said she wanted to see what it tasted like before she put it on her salad.

Said yes thats nice and immediately put her finger in the other sauce to taste that.

I agree about the ashing of hands the number of men that do not do this once they have used the toilet just amazes me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also how many do you see filling water bottles from the wter fountains many many people. Thye do not realise that they have had their mouths round the neck of the bottle so all their germs go on the water fountain. Also people filling their bottles when the juice is around at breakfast too mean to purchase any during the day.

We also saw a lady, I will call her that, who put her finger in the sauce, she said she wanted to see what it tasted like before she put it on her salad.

Said yes thats nice and immediately put her finger in the other sauce to taste that.

I agree about the ashing of hands the number of men that do not do this once they have used the toilet just amazes me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She should have been arrested :eek: . Hope you got an attendant to change all the sauce?

Archived