4 day vs 5 days?

DaisyGirl55

I am considering booking a cruise for my DH's birthday in April. I am trying to decide between a couple of cruises, and thought I would get some opinions from everyone to help me make my decision.

Itinerarys are about the same, with the main differance being an extra day at sea. However, the 4 days are over a weekend, so I only need to use 3 vacation days, while the 5 day cruises will need a week off - requiring 5 vacation days.

Will I miss something by going with the shorter cruise? If I can use fewer days, then I can possible squeeze in another weekend cruise towards the second half of the year. I just don't want to miss something extra if I book the longer cruise!

What do you think?? :confused:

I really liked the 4 day cruise. I liked having 2 days in a row at port and the final day at sea to relax. Like the other person said with the money and vacation time saved you can put that towards another 4 day cruise.

Usually the five day itineraries make two port calls as opposed to just one on the four day sailings. The five day offers a past guest party while the four day doesn't. I agree with you about the four day being like a long weekend. Especially if you work a 9/80 schedule in which case it will only require two days off. :)

As a general rule I always prefer a longer cruise, but scheduling dictates. If Four days works better you will still have a great time, you will just be that much hungrier for more when you return. :p

I would go with the 4 day, if it can save you vacation days. All cruises are too short in my opinion :) Plus by booking 2 cruises you are that much closer to Platinum status.

Do the 4 day cruises count towards platinum status? I THINK that I read somewhere that they don't. Maybe I am wrong, there is a first time for everything. ;)

I prefer 5 nights over 4 nights. Just my preference.

You are burning vacation days but consider that you have spent $$ on air and usually the 5's aren't much more than 4's.

The OP lives in Florida so probably can drive to ports the day of the cruise.

I often find 5 days cheaper than 4 days for exactly the reason you mentioned, folks who work can take less time off work. Thats the rub to me, you probably will have to pay more for the 4 day.

I did a spring (March) 4 day this year and then did a fall (September) 5 day. I enjoyed them both. I felt more relaxed after the 5 day. On both cruises it rained on the last sea day :mad: that was a bummer on a short cruise.

I'm glad I got to do the Holiday and Celebration before they leave the fleet.

We drive to the ports so airfair wasn't a factor--but we did have 2 travel days and a night in a motel for each cruise.

I liked being able to cruise twice in one year versus only once--but I'm already itching to go again.

We haven't decided if we'll do one 7 or 8 day one next year or 2 short ones again. If I can wrangle enough time off from the boss I'd like to do 2 five day cruises next year. If I didn't have to work I'd always do the longer cruises.

I owe I owe so off the work I go:D

Archived