Priority check-in with JS?

JPCARDS

Sailing on Freedom to Western Caribbean in June 2008. Wife and I and our 2 teenage kids. We are in a JS with the kids in an adjoining balcony room. First time in a JS. One previous cruise on Voyager in Med with two balcony rooms. Do I qualify for priority check-in at the port of Miami with the JS and can the kids check in with us even though they are not in a suite? Also, does priority check-in matter if we do on-line pre-board check-in? Thanks!

Sailing on Freedom to Western Caribbean in June 2008. Wife and I and our 2 teenage kids. We are in a JS with the kids in an adjoining balcony room. First time in a JS. One previous cruise on Voyager in Med with two balcony rooms. Do I qualify for priority check-in at the port of Miami with the JS and can the kids check in with us even though they are not in a suite? Also, does priority check-in matter if we do on-line pre-board check-in? Thanks!

yeah you do get priority check in, and in my case, I was able to bring my friend with me to take advantage of the priority check in although they weren't in suites.

yeah you do get priority check in, and in my case, I was able to bring my friend with me to take advantage of the priority check in although they weren't in suites.

Do you get priority check in with a JS on all ships, all ports. I have a JS on Sovereign April 4, any clue?

Thanks,

Ed

All ports. Only down size is that if you enjoy having a photo taken prior to boarding you by-pass that area. At least that is the way it was on the Norweign SUN this past Janaury. We had a Jr. Suite and had priority boarding but they would not let us cut in-line ahead of everyone else to have our photo taken. Which is only fair. I would not like it if someone cut ahead of me to have a photo taken if I had to stand in line for an hour or two before I finally made it to that spot.

All ports. Only down size is that if you enjoy having a photo taken prior to boarding you by-pass that area. At least that is the way it was on the Norweign SUN this past Janaury. We had a Jr. Suite and had priority boarding but they would not let us cut in-line ahead of everyone else to have our photo taken. Which is only fair. I would not like it if someone cut ahead of me to have a photo taken if I had to stand in line for an hour or two before I finally made it to that spot.

On RCI, you can't get by the photographers, no matter what cabin you are in. We hate having our pics taken and we have priority boarding because of JS and we are also Diamond. We tried to not have pics taken, but there is a standard line of "your picture is attached to your seapass, so if on the ship you have a pic taken it will be automatically recognized or something like that.

Each line is a bit different in handling how people get on. I am glad to know that having a JS on NCL will allow us to bypass the photography line. Thanks for the info.

Katie, I've been able to successfully walk past the photographers on most of my cruises. The only exceptions were the ones where my family insisted. Just say no thank you and keep walking.

The pic that is attached to your seapass is taken at a machine and is done individually.

Heck yeah...walk right past those souvinier (sp) photographers and get on the ship. You might get some rude looks from those in line, but you are not cutting in line...you're just bypassing it.

Obviously, however, you must have your pic taken to put on your sea pass card. Don't cut in THAT line, or some anxious, cruise addicted, happy-go-lucky, pool bar hanger outer with a "beer low-level light" flashing in his HUD just might take exception:p

On RCI, you can't get by the photographers, no matter what cabin you are in. We hate having our pics taken and we have priority boarding because of JS and we are also Diamond. We tried to not have pics taken, but there is a standard line of "your picture is attached to your seapass, so if on the ship you have a pic taken it will be automatically recognized or something like that.

Each line is a bit different in handling how people get on. I am glad to know that having a JS on NCL will allow us to bypass the photography line. Thanks for the info.

Katie, do what I do. When those pesky photographers want to take our picture before boarding I just tell them that my husband doesn't know I'm here and my husband says that his wife doesn't know he's here................works every time. :D

Unfortunately you have to have your picture taken when you enter your SeaPass card the first time.

That's a line of BS. We always skip through the first photo stop and on to the security kiosk. The picture they take at the security kiosk is the one that ties your face to the sail'n sign card, not the first one. There they don't know who you are at the first stop. The Mariner of the Seas is now using face recognition software to sort all the photos into envelopes at the photo gallery. No more rows and rows of open photos displayed for you to hunt your's down. Someone told us that people complained that their privacy was being invaded by having the photos displayed.

Wonder what they think about the recognition software figuring our who is in each photo?

Katie, do what I do. When those pesky photographers want to take our picture before boarding I just tell them that my husband doesn't know I'm here and my husband says that his wife doesn't know he's here................works every time. :D

Unfortunately you have to have your picture taken when you enter your SeaPass card the first time.

Patti,

I might have to try that, lol. On Mariner, the last 3 times we tried to by-pass the photo guys on the way onto the ship. They did tell us that the SeaPass card was attached to the photo. I know that we have to get a photo taken for the SeaPass, but this was so that we could use the photo kiosk if we wanted pics instead of searching the walls etc.

I told them we didn't want our pics taken, but they wouldn't let anyone past. I am going to try your method next month. I suppose I could have forced the issue, but I didn't want to be rude.

It won't be long before we go on your favorite ship. I am getting excited. We should get our docs in a couple of weeks. Our last 3 cruises were on Mariner so it will be nice to try a different ship.

Thanks again for the good advice.

Katie, I've been able to successfully walk past the photographers on most of my cruises. The only exceptions were the ones where my family insisted. Just say no thank you and keep walking.

The pic that is attached to your seapass is taken at a machine and is done individually.

Yep, that works everytime!!!!!:D

Patti,

I might have to try that, lol. On Mariner, the last 3 times we tried to by-pass the photo guys on the way onto the ship. They did tell us that the SeaPass card was attached to the photo. I know that we have to get a photo taken for the SeaPass, but this was so that we could use the photo kiosk if we wanted pics instead of searching the walls etc.

I told them we didn't want our pics taken, but they wouldn't let anyone past. I am going to try your method next month. I suppose I could have forced the issue, but I didn't want to be rude.

It won't be long before we go on your favorite ship. I am getting excited. We should get our docs in a couple of weeks. Our last 3 cruises were on Mariner so it will be nice to try a different ship.

Thanks again for the good advice.

Well, that is just not right. If that happens again..........I would immediately go to Guest Relations and report this. You can not be forced to have your picture taken.........if it is not associated with your sea pass.

Have a great trip on our favorite ship.

I always tell the photographers that my religion forbids photos; it steals the soul. I've not had a picture taken, other than for the Sea Pass, on my last half a dozen cruises. I bypass them every time.

Now this excuse I like!:D

GO BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived