Mariner Tile Info

advocado

We were on the Amsterdam over Christmas, and we received our tiles, but they had the Westerdam on them. Do they give you tiles with other ship's names on them? I didn't question it with the cabin steward. I guess I should have, because we sailed on the Niew Amsterdam and the Maasdam we got the tiles with their names on them. Considering the other problems with the ship and cruise, I guess it could be considered par for the course.

This is the first that I have ever heard of getting another ship's tiles while on a different ship.

I am surprised that you even got the Westerdam tiles considering that in January 2007 HAL started to give out the new tiles.

This is the first that I have ever heard of getting another ship's tiles while on a different ship.

I am surprised that you even got the Westerdam tiles considering that in January 2007 HAL started to give out the new tiles.

Sounds like maybe they're getting rid of some old stock;) None of the 2007 tiles have ship names on them

Hello everyone. Lauren and I just got off the Maasdam and they placed the tiles on our bed the last evening of the cruise.

Interesting note: they left four tiles and they seem to be a new run, or species of tiles. Shows an aerial view of mid ship.

(I will try and post a picture??)

Enjoy!

Kel

Kelmac -- We'll be on the Maasdam in a couple of weeks. Did you attend the Mariner luncheon? If so, how was it? Lots of people? Decent food? Thanks.

I was on the Dec.13 Ryndam Mexico Riviera cruise--tiles were on bed second to last night--they were the one pictured with Rotterdam on them.

Because of the large number of Mariners there was a lunch and a brunch. I had an invite to the brunch, but there was such mass confusion I left and went to an empty Lido!

There was a cocktail party for those Mariners with over 100 days, but it was a different day than the brunch.

I think the greatest mistake that HAL is making is that they only recognized people with over 300 days--they used to recognize everyone--even though it was only by them standing up.

The key here is "inconsistent". Hope they work out the kinks.

Kelmac -- We'll be on the Maasdam in a couple of weeks. Did you attend the Mariner luncheon? If so, how was it? Lots of people? Decent food? Thanks.

advocado,

Lauren and I didn't attend. Not our cup of tea, but I'm sure they are nice!:)

PS -- The Maasdam is in wonderful shape and the food was outstanding.

Kel

advocado,

Lauren and I didn't attend. Not our cup of tea, but I'm sure they are nice!:)

PS -- The Maasdam is in wonderful shape and the food was outstanding.

Kel

Thanks for the reply. Good to hear about the Maasdam. Leaving on the 25th for 15 days and can't wait to board...

We were on Maasdam's November 29 sailing and enjoyed the Mariner's Brunch. I posted the menu in my review here on this board. (I remember it included choice of sirloin steak, salmon or broccoli/cheddar quiche, along with appetizer and dessert. ) We thought the food was very good and served with the usual fine service we always have in the dining room. All the wine/champagne we wanted.

The menu was presented in a nice little frame with Maasdam 'placque' on the top and my favorite logo on the bottom. We assuemed them to be table gifts and we each took ours when we left. (Hopefully we were intended to??)

Our Mariners tiles were left by our steward at night turn down service as always.

We were on Maasdam's November 29 sailing and enjoyed the Mariner's Brunch. I posted the menu in my review here on this board. (I remember it included choice of sirloin steak, salmon or broccoli/cheddar quiche, along with appetizer and dessert. ) We thought the food was very good and served with the usual fine service we always have in the dining room. All the wine/champagne we wanted.

The menu was presented in a nice little frame with Maasdam 'placque' on the top and my favorite logo on the bottom. We assuemed them to be table gifts and we each took ours when we left. (Hopefully we were intended to??)

Our Mariners tiles were left by our steward at night turn down service as always.

Yum! We'll be there. Thanks, S7S.

Archived