Amazon Cruise to Manaus-Worth Doing?

PescadoAmarillo

And, bats too. We had a bat that stayed in an awning up at the pool for over a week. And, one evening, entire groups of the little bounders were flying around our balcony. Since there are over 1,000 cases of rabies a year in the Amazon basin, mostly attributed to bats, I'd strongly recommend staying away from them.

Bill

Who intentionally gets "up close and personal" with bats?

Bats and BIG BUGS...sounds like a great cruise to me!:rolleyes:
I guess you've never been to VT or NH where there are bats in almost every barn and around June, the bugs are, to use your phrase, bigger than dogs and a lot more plentiful. Nasty things.

I guess you've never been to VT or NH where there are bats in almost every barn and around June, the bugs are, to use your phrase, bigger than dogs and a lot more plentiful. Nasty things.

Never been to Vt or NH....obviously not missing much.

Never been to Vt or NH....obviously not missing much.
Oh, but you're missing an incredible area of the country. The point is that bats and bugs shouldn't keep you from enjoying a beautiful or interesting location. So, don't go into barns and avoid NH in May and June and you'll experience a unique part of the country.

Oh, but you're missing an incredible area of the country. The point is that bats and bugs shouldn't keep you from enjoying a beautiful or interesting location. So, don't go into barns and avoid NH in May and June and you'll experience a unique part of the country.

OK Pam. Perhaps. The next time a cruise ship leaves from Vermont or New Hampshire I might try it. :D

Archived