Europe in Oct/Nov

For those who have cruised at this time of the year I have some questions?

My DH and I are thinking of doing Barcelona,Marseille,,Villefrance,Livorono,Rome, Naples Tunis on Celebrity either mid or late Oct.

Is it cold, rainy, crowded? My DH likes it cool ,but I do not like it cold.

is it worth having a balcony? or not, we have done all typesof cabins in the Carribean. But not sure how much use we would get out of it at this time of year?

Thanks in advance

In Barcelona, Naples, & Tunis it is less likely to be cool and rainy, however it could be in the other ports. If you look at average temps for those ports (check weather.com) it will give you a fair idea. It's unlikely to be really cold in October though....

As for the balcony, depends on how much you really like to sit outside. We enjoyed using our on our Eastern Med/Egypt cruise in November, but we also had unusually good weather.

Well we just ( I mean just) got back from our 11/23 Brilliance of the Seas cruise. We stayed 2 nights precruise in Rome, then our ports were Naples, Dubrovnik, Corfu, Livorno, Villefranche(Nice) and then Toulon(Provence) ending in Barcelona with 1 night post cruise there.

We had cloudy skies in Dubrovnik. Rest of the trip was great. Mostly sunny to partly cloudy. The temps were pretty cool the first night in Rome but warmed up a bit the next day. The only time I got hot was in Pompeii but not real hot. I really enjoyed the weather as I would much rather put on a sweater or jacket than sweat while doing the massive amounts of walking that you will do while sightseeing.

We did have a balcony and while we did not use it as much as we usually do while cruising the Caribbean - the price was right and we enjoyed coming into port each morning out there in our jammies and robe and also sailing out each evening to sunsets.

This is a great time to cruise this area. It will be a lot less crowded than the summer and you won't have all of the heat and humidiity to deal with.

Just like weather anywhere, no one can guarantee that it will be rain free but overall I highly recommend sailing October, or April in this area.

In terms of a balcony I always say it's a personal decision. Some folks use it quite a bit while others don't. Some like it so they can get some fresh air in their room. There is no right or wrong on this. If you think you will not use it much then consider not taking it.

Keith

Archived