Pride worst ship in the fleet???

Balconeysonly

I will never sail with Carnival again.

We were so disappointed with the Pride and our experience. One problem after another. With no extra effort on the Purser's part to solve anything.

Lock your bags they won't do anything about missing items from your bags. Print your bank statement if you purchase a gift for your room ahead of time. They can do some interseting things with your debit card account.

I will never sail with Carnival again.

We were so disappointed with the Pride and our experience. One problem after another. With no extra effort on the Purser's part to solve anything.

Lock your bags they won't do anything about missing items from your bags. Print your bank statement if you purchase a gift for your room ahead of time. They can do some interseting things with your debit card account.

...Ok, so WHY were you disappointed with the Pride? Can you name some of the problems? Something stolen from one of your bags while they were locked? And then re-locked after something was taken? Something happen with your debit card?

...It is certainly easy to come to Cruise Critic and write post after post about how bad your experience was, but you're going to need some examples...

You said " One problem after another", please list them all. Yes, each and every one. Itemize the list of problems and what you did to attempt a remedy. If you don't do that, your position is mute as you are simply bitching and whining. If bitching and whining are your MO, I would rather you NOT cruise Carnival again.... I dont like cruising with whiners.

I sailed on the Pride. I loved it!

My grown daughters and I sailed the Pride in Oct. Out of 8 cruises with Carnival--3 this year- it was our favorite. Wonderful staff, good food and no real problems.

Sorry you did not enjoy yourself, but do we really know why? The problems you stated were vague and quite frankly did not sound like problems with the Pride.

We've been on the Elation 3 times which we loved, been on the Pride 1 time and that was enough for us. We did not like the decor of the ship, our cabin steward never took a bath which we addressed immediately. Our cabin permeated with body odor so bad, that Lysol wouldn't get rid of it. Hot tubs were lukewarm and brats running amuck everywhere. This could happen on any ship on any fleet, but the experience was not a good one. We just got off the Spirit, it's a lovely ship. We're planning an Alaskan cruise on the Spirit this summer.

BTW, anyone know why the heavy vibration midship on the Spirit? People were commenting on it, felt like a "magic finger massage," at night.

The pride is a different entity because it serves as a hotel room as you travel through the islands, sleep and eat on ship. While I've never sailed her, we have researched this travel extensively as we will sail soon.

Because the ship is not the destination and travel time, people who are cruise experts have come to expect a style that does not exist here, unless you are at the same areas at the same times each day and form a relationship with the crew.

this is what is lacking of a normal sail, you island hop, miss the intamacy of the crew and fail to form that link... so it's foreign, lacking. Then the service feels and is disjointed because of the itinerary.

to sail such a different cruise, demands awareness of the differences of this and a "normal port rotational cruise". to not be aware of this causes the preception of poor service and lack of intamacy of the crew and pax.

The specific issues that occur addition to this DO need to be addressed to aussage customer service to address the short comings of the poor service.

There are everyday service problems that still need to be addressed, yet te concept is a sell, and the issues need to be rectified quickly to keep the pax sailing.

While I doubt it has anything to do with the Pride, I will say the Port of Long Beach does suck. The lines are long and slow, the baggage handlers are lazy and serve only those who offer the biggest tips, and Customs works at a glacial pace. Compared with Tampa, Miami and several other ports I have used, it is the worst and I can see how it consistently begins a vacation on a sour note.

The sad part is: I live near Long Beach so this would be easiest cruise, but I chose to go elsewhere.

Carnival are you listening ???

While I doubt it has anything to do with the Pride, I will say the Port of Long Beach does suck. The lines are long and slow, the baggage handlers are lazy and serve only those who offer the biggest tips, and Customs works at a glacial pace. Compared with Tampa, Miami and several other ports I have used, it is the worst and I can see how it consistently begins a vacation on a sour note.

The sad part is: I live near Long Beach so this would be easiest cruise, but I chose to go elsewhere.

San Diego is no different. People were lined up to give the porter their luggage. Only 2 men working and 2 carts to put the luggage on. It was pouring rain, and no luggage tags for people who did not have them. Why didn't Carnival set up a tent for passengers to unload their luggage? Our suitcases were soaked when they arrived at our cabin.

The pride is a different entity because it serves as a hotel room as you travel through the islands, sleep and eat on ship. While I've never sailed her, we have researched this travel extensively as we will sail soon.

Because the ship is not the destination and travel time, people who are cruise experts have come to expect a style that does not exist here, unless you are at the same areas at the same times each day and form a relationship with the crew.

this is what is lacking of a normal sail, you island hop, miss the intamacy of the crew and fail to form that link... so it's foreign, lacking. Then the service feels and is disjointed because of the itinerary.

to sail such a different cruise, demands awareness of the differences of this and a "normal port rotational cruise". to not be aware of this causes the preception of poor service and lack of intamacy of the crew and pax.

The specific issues that occur addition to this DO need to be addressed to aussage customer service to address the short comings of the poor service.

There are everyday service problems that still need to be addressed, yet te concept is a sell, and the issues need to be rectified quickly to keep the pax sailing.

:confused: :confused: :confused: Last I heard the Pride sails along the coast of Mexico.....

To the OP I agree that Carnival does have a problem with their purser dept. But we have found that on alot of their ships. They don't put the most knowledgeable people behind that desk;)

hhmmmmm I was on the Pride in October also.....not any problems, in fact it was one of the best cruises I have been on..

I love the Pride, and the staff was always helpful. Nothing stolen from our bags..and the people at the Purser's desk were always helpful and friendly.

So to the OP...I'm not sure which ship you were on!

We've sailed out of Long Beach twice and had no problems either time. We did early check-in on the QM, then stood in the Zone1 line for a short while (with a drink in hand since they have the bar outside), and were on the ship before noon both times, no problems or delays at all, I guess we were lucky.

We've sailed out of Long Beach twice and had no problems either time. We did early check-in on the QM, then stood in the Zone1 line for a short while (with a drink in hand since they have the bar outside), and were on the ship before noon both times, no problems or delays at all, I guess we were lucky.

There's a bar outside of the Pride line area? This is the first I've heard this. :confused:

Archived