Kids Menus in the DR

Molly BPOE

I think I read somewhere that they have options in the dining room for kids. I did a search and could not find much. Can anyone give me an idea of what kids can order if there is nothing on the regular menu they want. Hot dogs? Mac n cheese? Cheeseburgers? Anything like that? My teen aged kids will definatly enjoy the fare offered on the regular menu, but my 8 yr old may want something more simple.

Even though macs and cheese are not listed, the waiters were very accomodating in the dining room (at lunch and dinner) and brought it for my niece and nephew each time requested. I find that, if you ask nicely, they will go out of their way to please you.

They have a kids menu with pizza, burgers, chicken fingers, etc. and it stays the same every night. The kids are free to order off the adult menu though and this helps because they get bored with the kids menu after a few nights. It is a wonderful way to introduce them to new food they wouldn't otherwise try.

Even if shrimp cocktail isn't listed on the menu that night, you can usually get it just by asking. They may even just started bringing it to him every night if they know he likes it. We've had some really great waiters who have figured out our favorite items and would bring them without asking! For example, I love to have a small assortment of hard cheeses with the dessert course, and on most ships they happily bring out a plate of cheeses. The small touches that make cruiseship dining extra special.

And here's a tip for adults. You can order off of the kids menu too. I had the mac & cheese as an appitizer a couple of nights and I had the banana split one night for dessert and both were really great. :D

oohhh a banana split...that sounds really good!!!! :D

If your kids have a favorite vegetable, they might be able to provide it. On Zenith, we had a couple of kids at the table who could really put away the broccoli! The 5y/o could eat lots of salad too, and when his dad ordered a Caesar salad and the little boy ate most of it, the waiters brought another. My niece loved the frou-frou non-alcoholic drink of the day, too. EM

Towards the end of each cruise, my dh gets "fooded out", and ends up ordering off the kid's menu - usually just a burger, or spaghetti. He likes the smaller portions, leaving room for dessert. (he never gets too full for dessert - lol) It's pretty funny when my teen orders soup to nuts, and my dh orders a kid's meal.:)

Towards the end of each cruise, my dh gets "fooded out", and ends up ordering off the kid's menu - usually just a burger, or spaghetti. He likes the smaller portions, leaving room for dessert. (he never gets too full for dessert - lol) It's pretty funny when my teen orders soup to nuts, and my dh orders a kid's meal.:)

There's an idea. The beef fares are usually very good on Carnival, but the portions are just to big for me to eat it all. I hate to be wasteful. The waiter always thinks it was because it was not good and tries to insist that he bring me something else. I would LOVE smaller portions. (to bad I am allergic to Lobster..or else I would be getting my wish!! ) :)

Archived