Just Two For Dinner

sigsky

On my sole previous cruise, we were in a party of six and dined together almost every night at the main sitting at a very nicely located table. This, (including the location of the table) was arranged by our party leader who was a very experienced cruiser. Very nice.

This time it will just be my wife and me. We want to do the main dining thing. Do we have any control over where we are seated and with whom? I can't find anything that addresses this.

Any help would be appreciated.

when you book your trip you give the information for dining preference. What size table and with what age group you wish to dine. Also, not required, but if you want you can give your occupation.

(I wondered why at one of our table for 6 we all had similar occupations. ):D LOL

Make sure your booking states you want a table for two. Also, when you get to your cabin, look for your dining room card, go down to where the Maitre'd is located and see if you like your table location. If you don't, ask for a change. They can usually accommodate you, unless your cruise is completely sold out.

On my sole previous cruise, we were in a party of six and dined together almost every night at the main sitting at a very nicely located table. This, (including the location of the table) was arranged by our party leader who was a very experienced cruiser. Very nice.

This time it will just be my wife and me. We want to do the main dining thing. Do we have any control over where we are seated and with whom? I can't find anything that addresses this.

If you have a TA have them add this to your reservation; both the table size and whether you request early or late seating. If you booked this directly with Celebrity then call them directly on this. Then on the day of embarkation when you see your table assigment in your room I would recommend seeing the matre d' just to confirm that you got the table assigment you asked for.

Keith

They will ask about your preferences for table size – if you hate the other guests then stick it out for that meal but go to the maitre d’ before dinner the next night and say you want to move. Sometimes you get a wonderful table and become firm friends other times you just do not click with the others. You must not stay somewhere you hate for the entire cruise just to be polite!

They will ask about your preferences for table size – if you hate the other guests then stick it out for that meal but go to the maitre d’ before dinner the next night and say you want to move. Sometimes you get a wonderful table and become firm friends other times you just do not click with the others. You must not stay somewhere you hate for the entire cruise just to be polite!

A few cruises back when we initially booked we asked for a table for 2. We ended up at a table for 8. We preferred to eat by ourselves so did room service on the balcony the first night for the sail out from Barcelona and saw the maitre'd the next day and politely asked for a table for 2. "Sorry...there weren't any". Later in the cruise we spoke to a couple who did the same, but, they also added a $20 bill to the request and got their table! Sometimes, money talks.;) As a note, we ended up eating all of our meals in the casual dining room. It was great...we got a table for 2 set with linen and crystal in a quiet setting with a view out the window at the time we wanted and we've done it on subsequent sailings.

Lynn

As in the "Early Dining" thread, I still say that money is the crux of getting what you want. Dish out the cash, and you get your wish.

This last thread says it all, but then, why should this couple have to encounter such in the first place.

While I am at it, I often see tables for two in the dining room already set up when we first board the ship. How do these people get a table for two when "supposedly", you cannot book a table for two to start with? Only dealing with the Matire D after boarding is possible to get such a table.

Very confusing. So if you cannot book it, why set it up?

also had requested table for 2 on summit, hawaii.....went to check it out as usual with maitre d' , turned out the table for for 6, he was quite rude, and had an attitude(the previous 2 cruises, tried to give $20 to the maitre d', and he turned it down, so didn't this time.....he said to sit at the table for 6 the first nite, and then he would get back to me.

the next day, i get a "form" letter saying no 2's were available!

was so disgusted, i made an appt. with the hotel mgr., who in turn had the rest. mgr. contact us...there were several 2's available, the maitre d' was just a jerk.......might add, we decided to stay the whole cruise with the table of 6, they were very nice, and lots of fun. by the way, the maitre d' got reprimanded, as we were concierge, and capt. club elite, and should have been given some consideration, not that that should be so important, everyone is entitled to be treated nice

Just got off Mille yesterday. Lots of tables for two in the upper level for second seating.

Some of those tables would have easily fit 4-6. However, I will tell you that one of the tables for two was occupied by "most cruises" person (not including the captain), a total of 67 cruises on Celebrity. That many cruises and you can probably have breakfast in bed in the captains suite!!

We always request table for 2 when we first book. Most of the time we get it, especially with Celebrity. Depending on the itinerary, I've noticed the seating that is "less popular" will have more 2's available. We are not anti-social at all, but because my hubbie and I are both in very busy jobs, on the road, etc., we crave our "alone time" and find that cruising is a perfect "refuge.":)

Archived