Helpful Info For Carnival Ships

sea_u_onboard

I booked a 4A Gty through my interline TA on 2/13/8 for a 3/2/8 sailing on the Conquest. (4th time on ship). On 2/14/8 Carnival shows I have been assigned 8294 and 8298 (4E). I am concerned about th noise from the deck above. Do you think I should see if we can be moved, or just wait and see if the price drops and mention it then. The price on the 2/24 cruise just dropped $100.00 pp and the 3/2 sailing still show plenty of cabins. I have cruised in the past 7 yrs 15 times, and we do not mind inside cabin, looking for best price, but I am concerned about the noise, even though husband has hearing aid and he want hear a thing at night.

I am so glad I found your website. I will recommend it to others.

Thank you.

Hi sea_u_onboard, thanks for your site it is very helpful. I have read your FYI on cabin selection and I am still a bit confused, maybe you can help. It is our first cruise on Destiny and we have purchased an OV guarantee 6A. If I look at our reservation on carnival.com it shows that we have been assigned a cabin 1321? Does our guarantee mean we may not end up there? It is on the lowest deck and we are not sure that is a good spot? What do you think?

Hi sea_u_onboard, thanks for your site it is very helpful. I have read your FYI on cabin selection and I am still a bit confused, maybe you can help. It is our first cruise on Destiny and we have purchased an OV guarantee 6A. If I look at our reservation on carnival.com it shows that we have been assigned a cabin 1321? Does our guarantee mean we may not end up there? It is on the lowest deck and we are not sure that is a good spot? What do you think?
Your cabin assignment can change right up until sailing - but if an assignment is showing up more than likely this will be what you end up with. Keep in mind that when booking a guarantee you need to be happy with the minimum in the category. As far as the location - I really don't mind the bottom deck. Less movement.

Have you checked the pricing on your cruise lately to see if it's gone down? You may be able to select a cabin on a higher deck for the same price you paid. If OV isn't showing try looking at the pricing for the 6A & B. I CRUISE over to one of the popular online sites to check pricing before calling. If you're not sure just call Carnival direct (if you booked directly with them) or call your agent.

• 1 month later...

Thank you.

I was speaking with my Carnival Vacation Planner tonight (booking another cruise :D ) and he told me he gives the site out to all his first timers - they love it. His co-workers and him spent several hours going through the site and he couldn't believe the information I had on there. Some of them were asking - "Is that right?" "Is this true?" And he would tell them Yep! He said there are people who have worked there over 2 years that didn't know some of the stuff I have on there. Makes me feel pretty good to be able to help people.

Guess I need to update my profile and add that cruise. :D

Cheryl,

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Your site is amazing and it is so generous of you to take the time to help other first-timers like me!! Carnival should be paying you!

Deidre:D

I mentioned that to my CVS that I should at least get some kind of discount or gift in my cabin and he just chuckled - hey I was serious :D .

Thank you for the kind words. I'm surprised this thread is even still here. The higher powers of this site told me I can't "mention" my website anymore (some kind of competition thing - right:rolleyes: ) but I guess they decided to leave any threads on that were there before the smashed my dreams of helping first timers. That doesn't stop others from mentioning it on other threads though ;) .

Glad you enjoyed it.

• 2 weeks later...

A Big Thank You for all the information. We have cruised many times but this next cruise this month is our first on Carnival. I was reading through the information on embarkation on your site and it says carry on can only be 11 by 17 ??(now I can"t remember exactly, but ours is larger) We have always been able to just take our same carry on that we take on the airplane on to the ships with no problem and I checked and it measures 21 by 14 by 7, so can I not take that as a carry on. It always fit through the scanners on Princess and RCI. We always take it with us , as it has my DH medication, Diabetes monitor, etc in it, do I need to get a smaller carry on ? Thanks for any help on this.

Cori

I'm so glad I found this thread again! I had poured over your website before I went on the Spirit, and then when I booked the Valor, I couldn't find the link! It's a wonderful site, great info. :D

I have 7345 booked on the Valor, it's a 1A and is next to the laundry. Have you heard of anyone having an issue with noise from the washer/dryers?? :confused:

I'm so glad I found this thread again! I had poured over your website before I went on the Spirit, and then when I booked the Valor, I couldn't find the link! It's a wonderful site, great info. :D

I have 7345 booked on the Valor, it's a 1A and is next to the laundry. Have you heard of anyone having an issue with noise from the washer/dryers?? :confused:

I'm glad you found the site useful (bookmark it for next time :D ). Have you checked the FYI on Cabin Selection on the site? I would like to say it's up to date but I haven't updated it in a while. I'm not going to say that you won't have ussues - but how many people are actually going to do laundry in the middle of the night. I would be more concerned about being by the pantry and having the ice machine on the other side of the wall. So that said - I don't think a laundry room in itself is an issue. Just my opinion.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Absolutely wonderful. I was looking for my Cabin on the bad list (whew, I did not see it :)). Also, I had asked if anyone knew whether the Miracle had gotten a makeover in 2009 and no one actually knew ( I saw it on *****) but you knew. I'm awestruck by that document!

Hi Cheryl,

Love your cabin info pdf! We haven't sailed on Carnival since the early 90's, but now we're booked on the Splendor for the 5/31 sailing. Got a really great deal on it, but I'm a little bit worried about the cabin I chose on the fly. As good as the prices were the day I booked, I figured it was a "buy it or lose it" situation, so I jumped on a 4S interior on Panorama. Don't mind an interior cabin, but we have had a couple that were noisy due to a service corridor behind them. I don't see any Splendor info on your site, so I'm assuming you haven't sailed on her yet. Do you have a guess on what's behind cabin 1018 on the Splendor? If you do have a guess as to noisy or not, I'd love to hear it. I promise I'll take it as a guess and not complain if it turns out wrong. I honestly doubt I could upgrade cabins now anyway, since I think the sailing is pretty well sold out. But you know how it is when you're wondering about something ....

Cheryl,

Thank you so much for your information. Your fyi has help me I was booked on Liberty 8445 one of the Noise from the Lido deck cabins. Today I got a chance to grab 8248 I hope I made a good decision there are no restaraunts above or deckchairs to be moved.

Thanks again.

Carla:)

• 4 months later...

What a jewel you are!!!

We have cruised 9 times now going on our 10th Oct 2010. I have NEVER found so much information in one spot as what you have provided.

This time we are taking our Dutch relatives on their very first cruise. I am making all the arrangements so it is a little tedious BUT I am printing out many of your pages and will send it to them so they can begin to read all the interesting ins and outs of cruising. I'm making 2nd copies for myself.

I read your tips about cabins before I made the reservations and so I chose the ones which were not noisy. This is a wonderful help. No more times of being under the stage or noisy dance floors!!

Thanks again. Everyone has said it but I want to join the crowd!!! :)

O/glo

Archived