Did Santa bring anyone a cruise???

kathyemma

I decided to give my 17 year old a 4 night cruise during February vacation. I did not think I could keep the surprise until Christmas but I DID IT! My son was thoroughly surprised by his gift. I found a gift bag that you could record on. (It plays when it is opened.) Then I recorded the RCCL music from the TV ad. Inside I had a certificate I made that gave the cruise details. He was totally taken by surprise. In his stocking I had put sunscreen, sun glasses and swim goggles. And then I had found a book called "A Survival Guide at Sea". He opened all those before I gave him the gift bag. It was such fun! I can't believe he is so psyched to go with me. I am sure he is figuring there will be lots of teens on the ship.

Santa brought our 2 kids (13 & 11) their second cruise. He brought them one in 2004 and they were very excited.

This one, the LOTS in July, they kind of already knew about, so it wasn't as exciting to them. But, they really didn't need a lot from "Santa" this year...so the cruise seemed like the next best thing to buying a bunch of junk. Wish it were closer, though.

Hope everyone had a great holiday!

Well I didn't really get one for Christmas but I am going a short 5 day leaving Jan. 7th with my friend.

But I think for next year I am going to stop doing Christmas and gifts and just all of us go on a vacation or cruise! We buy what we want and need thru the year so why spend the money buying more and wrapping it? I would rather spend it on something that makes me happy like a cruise. Christmas is stressful and not fun for me anymore and I am so glad it is over! So I am thinking about doing away with it next year............:D

Congrats to all those that got cruises that had to be one of the best gifts ever!! I know it would be for me!

YES!! YES!! YES!!

Santa booked a third cruise so I can do my Christmas shopping next year. Not taking DD or Mom... (I feel like I'm cheating them, but this is for ME!) I figure if I can't find what everyone needs in Cozumel, I can buy it on board. Maybe 2009 cruises... And if not there, then I'll just have to go with homemade!

Since I'm the planner and I make sure Santa has his list for DD and Mom... I know EXACTLY what Santa brings!!!

LK

I attended a Gala dinner and door prizes were being drawn off, the cruise was the grand prize and I won !!! My wife and I are very excited and can't wait to leave !!!!

This will be our 1st cruise for both of us.

JEALOUSY AND ENVY!!! :p How dare you cause me to sin!!!

WOW!!! How wonderful for you!!! I hope you bought a lottery ticket and won there, too! How special and OUTSTANDING!!! Has everyone volunteered to stow away in your suitcases???

That TRULY was Santa!!!!

LK

JEALOUSY AND ENVY!!! :p How dare you cause me to sin!!!

WOW!!! How wonderful for you!!! I hope you bought a lottery ticket and won there, too! How special and OUTSTANDING!!! Has everyone volunteered to stow away in your suitcases???

That TRULY was Santa!!!!

LK

So sorry for the Jealousy and Envy :D ... I guess you are throwing your name in the hat as a stowaway, to be honost though if we stowaway anybody it would be our 3yo son, we are not sure what to do. This would be our 1st trip anywhere without him :(

Steve

So sorry for the Jealousy and Envy :D ... I guess you are throwing your name in the hat as a stowaway, to be honost though if we stowaway anybody it would be our 3yo son, we are not sure what to do. This would be our 1st trip anywhere without him :(

Steve

My hat is in there, and I'd make a great Nanny to your 3yo!!!

Can you alter the booking to include him, or are you thinking of this as a second honeymoon?? Whatever you decide, remember it's OK to do something for YOURSELVES and not include him! He knows you love him and maybe a grandmom or auntie would love to spoil him while you're gone!!!

LK

I surprised my wife and 2 teenage daughters with a Cruise for Christmas. It was a big hit and they've all been tearing up the web, getting as much info as they can about the ship, ports etc.

We'll be on the Caribbean Princess Feb. 17, only 49 days to go.:)

My hat is in there, and I'd make a great Nanny to your 3yo!!!

Can you alter the booking to include him, or are you thinking of this as a second honeymoon?? Whatever you decide, remember it's OK to do something for YOURSELVES and not include him! He knows you love him and maybe a grandmom or auntie would love to spoil him while you're gone!!!

LK

Ya, I know you are right about doing something for us, but it is tough. We considered bringing him along but decided we do need some time to ourselves. We have grandma lined up to take care of him while were gone. Grandma actually considered coming along with us, but RCI wants 2 adult fares per cabin so the cost would be too high at this point in time for her too come along.

Steve

Ya, I know you are right about doing something for us, but it is tough. We considered bringing him along but decided we do need some time to ourselves. We have grandma lined up to take care of him while were gone. Grandma actually considered coming along with us, but RCI wants 2 adult fares per cabin so the cost would be too high at this point in time for her too come along.

Steve

GOOD FOR YOU!!! This will be YOUR trip and getaway. A time to just look into each other's eyes and rekindle that love between you! How WONDERFUL!!! The sunrises and sunsets, the dinners, the shows, the excursions, the "nothing to do", no responsibilities, no chores, no being mom or dad -- just the two of you! Meeting new people, doing things together, thinking only about each other!!! OOOOHHHHHHHH!!! Have a great time!!!

GOOD FOR YOU!!! This will be YOUR trip and getaway. A time to just look into each other's eyes and rekindle that love between you! How WONDERFUL!!! The sunrises and sunsets, the dinners, the shows, the excursions, the "nothing to do", no responsibilities, no chores, no being mom or dad -- just the two of you! Meeting new people, doing things together, thinking only about each other!!! OOOOHHHHHHHH!!! Have a great time!!!

WOW, that was very well put .. I can't wait !! Thank you :D

We surprised the children w/ a cruise on the EOS!

Eldest son (16)-- well-- he says he'd rather stay home alone and "watch the house, take care of the dog...." As if that's gonna happen!

Happy Holidays to All :p

My son was 15 and the same way on his first cruise... who wants to be cooped up all day and all night with family. Now he loves to cruise and can't wait he doesn't care were we go just that there are lots of girls on the ship and that they find him and he finds them.;)

Oh by the way I got a cruise for Christmas. I told DH that was all I wanted:) . He told me he has never gotten of this cheap at Christmas before... May this will start a trend and I will get one every year.:rolleyes:

Was already going to hawaii on NCL and talked the my wifes family on christmas day into going to the caribbean instead. Crazy? Not for me, Would have been going on a hawaiian cruise to see hawaii not to enjoy the cruise. They haven't been one a cruise yet and i didn't want NCL to ruin it for them. Can't wait to get back to my thermal spa and rasual with my wife.

Archived