Did Santa bring anyone a cruise???

kathyemma

In my stocking was a note that says a day at the spa is in order for me when we go on our cruise! Definitely a full body massage, a facial and my hair done for formal night and...and Santa is going to go broke! YIPEE! It pays to be good to him all year:p

Not the cruise, but my daughter got us an excursion for our January cruise!

THAT is cool!! What a great gift idea!!!

Our two daughters received a cruise to the Southern Caribbean on Serenade of the Seas. We adopted them from Russia two years ago. They heve never seen a tropical beach or cruise ship before. Culture shock will be fun for them! We gave them a globe with the islands marked and a Bon Voyage card with a photo of the Serenade attached inside! They are excited, especially after watching many RCCL cruise shows on the Travel Channel. :)

Eric

That was a great idea too!! Way to go Mom and Dad!

:) The whole family is going on the Voyager 1/6/08. This is part of my kids Christmas. We normally get an inside room and spent a little more for a balcony suite. This was decided last December so we have planned this gift for a year. Great family time....better than a bunch of gifts that are forgotten after a few weeks.:p

Spendor 1/06

Rhapsady 2/06

Rhapsady 12/06

Voyager 1/6/08

My wife and I don't exchange gifts, instead we save up for our cruises. We are already booked for Liberty in May. Instead of presents under the tree we have our ship models.

Greg

We gave each other our next cruise, also but did not think about have the ship models. That's cool. Also, I wish I would have thought about the RCI gift cards. But there's still Birthdays and Anniversaries coming.

Mike

We surprised the children w/ a cruise on the EOS!

After all the gifts were opened, hubby and I called the children back into the room to play a "game." Kind of like hangman. DH created a poster with blank spaces for "We are going on a Caribbean cruise." We went around the room and each child selected a letter. After each time around, I handed out wrapped "clues," which included sunscreen, Bonine, a travel alarm clock, etc.

This was done w/ strict instructions for my eldest son to NOT guess the phrase too soon so as to not spoil it for his younger siblings.

It was fun!! My daughter (11.5) is the most excited so far. She's already been online researching the ports of call and checking out the ship's layout. My youngest son (10) is only concerned about swimming, and that he'll be able to kayak -- somehting he loves to do, but we're kind of limited living in the cold northeast. Eldest son (16)-- well-- he says he'd rather stay home alone and "watch the house, take care of the dog...." As if that's gonna happen!

Happy Holidays to All :p

I did, I did!

DH and I had not planned to take our annual "leave cold Ohio behind for a week of Caribbean sun" cruise this year. My job has changed and - while I still have a wonderful schedule of a week on, a week off - I have no vacation time at the present. And my scheduled weeks off go Friday to Friday. Needless to say, 7 day cruises go Sat to Sat or Sun to Sun. Sigh......

But DH found the 5 night Navigator that goes Sat to Thurs. Fits perfectly into the days that I am off. And he booked Jan. 19. Which means I will be on a ship 3 weeks from Saturday! :D

Total surprise and perfect gift!!!!:)

If you are a male recipient: " Great; you've got the packing done then?"

If you are a female recipent: " WHAT!!!! 4 DAYS!!! I've got to do the laundry, pack, get my hair done, shop, need a manicure, more shopping, get all the emergency bits and pieces we never use, cancel the milk, put the cat out...then I can have a holiday!"

Simon :D

My fiance and I are actually already booked on our honeymoon cruise in May. But for christmas we counted the "cruise Fund" we have a 5 gallon water jug all decorated. We save all our change, it was a gift to us just counting all the money. We use whatever is in there for our "Extra" money :) Hope you all had a merry christmas.

If recipient is a female...jewelry at one of the ports of call would be perfect!

Other ideas:

1) During your cruise book your next one

2) spa appointment

3) book a special excursion

4) bon voyage basket in the room as a surprise

Congrats and have fun!

My dad, all of our children and their spouses and our two best friends all found their docs (with ours, of course) under our tree this year.

Santa also loaded a digital photo frame with a whole bunch of Mariner/Western Caribbean pictures and island-type Christmas music - and played it all through the Eve. Pina Coladas and Strawberry Margaritas were served, and 14 of us did the doc dance and toasted Santa!

looks like 2 posts were merged...

Anyway, no cruise surprise yet...DH is leading a sales contest so we may win an 7 day eastern caribbean cruise for 2/08..here's to hoping.!!!! Keeping our fingers crossed.

Archived