Vitamin water

noelbows

What with Vitamin Water being all the rage, I am hoping it can be purchased on board the ships (specifically the Explorer because that's the one I'll be on in 7 weeks...).

Can anyone tell me if they found Vitamin Water available on the ship or at any of the ports?

Thanks & TTFN

They only have the standard Coke products available on the ship, and for purchase in the ship's store. Remember that they don't have a lot of extra space, and they tend to only stock stuff that is in high demand.

I don't drink the vitamin water but like the flavoured ones and haven't seen those anywhere in the shops we have visited on various Caribbean islands. You might want to check the website of your favourite brand to see if their product is available in the countries you are visiting.

Another option would be to just go without for seven days, or haul 10 lbs worth of water bottles on the ship.

What with Vitamin Water being all the rage, I am hoping it can be purchased on board the ships (specifically the Explorer because that's the one I'll be on in 7 weeks...).

Can anyone tell me if they found Vitamin Water available on the ship or at any of the ports?

Thanks & TTFN

Sorry never have seen anything like that on the ship, well not that I would have looked for it, but still no.

I wish I had a better memory. I was looking through someones pictures the othe day and saw a sign for the SeaView Cafe (not sure that's the name) and it lissted 3 types of Vitaminwater's on there. I can't recall what ship it was, but they had 3 types. I'll keep searching!

I've been taking gel vitamin packs for over a year now and always bring a supply with me when I travel. The packs are small enough that I don't have a problem with them when flying. My wife always carries a dozen or so in her purse. Having said that, if I could buy them on the ship that's one less thing I (or should I say my wife) would have to pack. :D

If you eat properly, you don't NEED extra vitamins!!!

That is true...however I don't believe the average person DOES eat properly every day. We live in a fast food nation. How many people actually have 5-7 daily servings of fresh fruit & vegetables? The Journal of the American Medical Association has recently published an article that states "Most people do not consume an optimal amount of all vitamins by diet alone. Pending strong evidence of effectiveness from randomized trials, it appears prudent for all adults to take vitamin supplements."

I think the poster was asking if it was available on the ships. They weren't asking what its made of or it its harmful to their health. :rolleyes:

I agree. I don't know why people have to turn harmless posts into a debate.

That is true...however I don't believe the average person DOES eat properly every day. We live in a fast food nation. How many people actually have 5-7 daily servings of fresh fruit & vegetables? The Journal of the American Medical Association has recently published an article that states "Most people do not consume an optimal amount of all vitamins by diet alone. Pending strong evidence of effectiveness from randomized trials, it appears prudent for all adults to take vitamin supplements."

I am not a 100% healthy eater but I do watch what I eat. Fast food is on my list rarely, almost non existent.

I despise vitamins in pill form. In my eyes it is one of the biggest scams in the last century. Those vitamins are chemically created. You can not avoid chemicals these days not even in those 'bio' food items. It is just a matter of how much you pump in yourself.

Multi Vitamin pills are high on that list.

If you look at society today, all the obesity, and all those psycho drugs to calm you down being sold. Don't you think the mass production of chemically produced item is a reason for that?

When my son was a baby (19 years ago) the doctor told us to give my son vitamin pills. I almost threw a chair at that guy. Fruits and vegetables and a sensible diet do much more for you.

Diet Cokes and multi-vitamins are an excuse for not eating right.

I am 43 years old, smoke, drink occasionally, party occasionally, eat pretty much everything (chicken, beef, fish, pork). I am neither overweight, have all my hair, no gray hair, pretty good teeth and my yearly check up is top. Yet, when I see people in my age, and all those times they have to run to a doctor, and the constant complaining about weight and boy, how many guys in my age are already bald, all I have to do is go to their house look at the bathroom which at times looks like a pharmacy and listen to how often they eat fatty food, fast food etc.

What do I really do? Not much. Glass of orange juice in the morning (with my pot of coffee), a cheese sandwhich or some eggs, an apple or banana throughout the day (mostly going with lunch) and dinner (always with vegetable).

Oh yeah, did I mention I am also a chocolate fanatic? :D

I despise vitamins in pill form. In my eyes it is one of the biggest scams in the last century. Those vitamins are chemically created. You can not avoid chemicals these days not even in those 'bio' food items. It is just a matter of how much you pump in yourself.

If you look at society today, all the obesity, and all those psycho drugs to calm you down being sold. Don't you think the mass production of chemically produced item is a reason for that?

Which is exactly why I take my supplements in an all natural gel suspension. :D

Anyways...I think we've answered the OP's question. ;)

Happy Sunshine Cruisin'!!!!

Thanks & TTFN

Noelbows....To get back to the topic at hand.........I can't answer for vitamin water being on the Explorer. I have never been on her. I will be on her in May of 2008 but that would be to late being that you will be on her in 7 weeks. BUT, I did cruise before and found some actually in Bermuda. I don't know where you will be going but I am sure you will be able to find it somewhere. A true Vitamin Water drinker will always find some. LOL :D

FYI you may start to see vitamin water on ships that are Coca-Cola exclusive because Coca-Cola bought VW about 4 months about and now their main distribution company CCE is distributing it, including in FL.

Also VW uses natural sweeteners not artificial sweeteners. The body breaks down natural sweeteners differently then artificial sweeteners....so no you wouldn't be better off having a coke.

I am not a 100% healthy eater but I do watch what I eat. Fast food is on my list rarely, almost non existent.

When my son was a baby (19 years ago) the doctor told us to give my son vitamin pills. I almost threw a chair at that guy. Fruits and vegetables and a sensible diet do much more for you.

Diet Cokes and multi-vitamins are an excuse for not eating right.

I am 43 years old, smoke, drink occasionally, party occasionally, eat pretty much everything (chicken, beef, fish, pork). I am neither overweight, have all my hair, no gray hair, pretty good teeth and my yearly check up is top. Yet, when I see people in my age, and all those times they have to run to a doctor, and the constant complaining about weight and boy, how many guys in my age are already bald, all I have to do is go to their house look at the bathroom which at times looks like a pharmacy and listen to how often they eat fatty food, fast food etc.

What do I really do? Not much. Glass of orange juice in the morning (with my pot of coffee), a cheese sandwhich or some eggs, an apple or banana throughout the day (mostly going with lunch) and dinner (always with vegetable).

Oh yeah, did I mention I am also a chocolate fanatic? :D

(This post is also OT.)

My family (DH and me; sister and BIL; DD; mom) are all healthy eaters. We've always been healthy eaters (or that is 90% healthy--the other 10% is basically "A piece of See's candy sure sounds good"--a piece or two, not the whole box--or "I think I need a small bag of chips" or similar). We are lucky enough to have year-round local farmers markets and eat seasonally (love those sweet potatoes, spinach, and peas right now). We have at least as much produce per day as recommended. We limit our red meat, eat at In-n-Out Burger a few times a year--and enjoy every bite and every slurp. We live near fishing communities and have easy access to all the "good" fish. We've been active all our lives (until some years back due to health; we still do what we can).

Nevertheless, my DH and I both ended up with auto-immune diseases and he has permanent disabilities from a serious bicycle accident (thank God for helmets or it's likely he wouldn't be here today). Our doctors recommend a high-quality, basic multivitiman for me and specific vitamins/minerals for him. Specific supplements can be helpful if they are what your body needs "extra" of (such as those who's bodies do not properly process B12 no matter how much is in their diet). Overdoing supplements, taking low quality supplements, and substituting supplements for whole food are all bad ideas, IMO.

As for no gray hair, that's an inherited trait and completely unrelated to health. My extremely healthy sister started going gray at 17 because that's the gene she "got"; I didn't start until my 30s. Most baldness is also heredity. Some thininng/brittle hair problems can be attributed to health, but not all or even most.

I do agree that overall diet in our country is pretty lousy. A lot of the problem, again IMO, is the whole foods issue (now a cause de jour, but something we've been aware of for decades). We do each have a diet soda per day, but mostly we drink water. I like teas and have wine/alcohol a few times a week. Perhaps we're not poster children, but we do eat healthfully (well, except for the box of See's tucked away and out of tempation's reach most of the time). Too bad that didn't protect us from illness. I sure as heck don't believe we did anything to "deserve" this, and get tired of hearing that all illness must be caused by improper lifestyle.

BTW, you had me on your side pretty much right up until the "I...smoke" part. IMO, that doesn't really put you in a position to chastize others for their poor food or lifestyle choices. (We both used to smoke, but quit a long time ago.)

Personally, I think vitamin water is a big ripoff, so we don't buy or consume it. If others want to, I guess that's their choice. I do worry about overconsumption of processed vitamins though because that can be so dangerous.

beachchick

What we have learned so far:

1. Some people may/may not believe in taking vitamins.

2. Vitamins may/may not be beneficial to your health.

3. Vitamin Water may/may not contain more sugar than Coke.

4. Some RCCL ships may/may not carry Vitamin Water.

:rolleyes: :p ;) :) :D

Archived