Request dining room food at Horizon Court?

kywildcatfanone

Hi,

My wife and I will be on our 3rd cruise on the Grand in March, and since this will be our first cruise without older family members with us, we plan to do a couple of excursions on some of the islands. As such, I'm thinking on a night or two we might be tired and not want to dress for the dining room and instead just eat at Horizon Court.

Has anyone ever asked for your server to bring you something found on the dining room menu? I don't have anything in particular in mind, but my favorite is the Love Boat Dream dessert. I would really hate to miss that one? Any experiences getting dining room food brought to your table at Horizon Court? Would it not be a nice thing to ask for since the dining rooms and Horizon Court are several decks apart? Just curious.

Thanks,

Mike

I really like the Love Boat Dream dessert too, but after many meals in the HC on our early December cruise on the Diamond I forgot all about it as there were SO MANY choices for dessert in the HC. Besides the small portion desserts within the food area, there was a separate table outside that area where there were all kinds of yummy things to pick from. A server would fill your plate with your choices. They also had someone making fresh pasta dishes outside the main area. One afternoon they had a smoothie bar by the outside pool. Smoothies sans liquer were only $3 - huge and delicious. Enjoy your cruise.

There are frequently items in the buffet at dinner time that are on the menu in the dining room(s) but there are some items that just don't do well in a buffet vs. being served hot directly from the kitchen. If you choose not to dress up and go to the buffet, then the food options will be what can be served buffet-style.

My husband and I sailed on the Diamond Princess in November. He is diabetic and whenever we ate at the Horizon Court he would politely ask if they could give him a sugar free dessert....they obliged everytime...and quite often it was the same dessert that was on the menu that night. I suggest you just ask for a particular dessert and they will try to accomodate you.

Archived