Portable Luggage Scale

jst

Our DD bought us a portable luggage scale, so no more surprizes at the airport. She came across it at the Dive Shop over Xmas, it is really slick easy to use and is a small digital scale. It has a small handle and there is a strap to loop thru the bag you want to weigh, then you just lift it up, and voila it weighs the suitcase (up to 100 lbs):)

It is by a company called Balanza, they have a website http://www.balanzza.com, she paid $25 for the one she gave us, so I am not sure what they cost elsewhere, but it certainly works:). Just thought some of you might be interested for when you fly.

....I could get my Brian to care about the overweight bags!

He must have lived a past life when people circled the globe with umpteen steamer trunks.....

I carefully pack, putting things in smaller containers, choosing the lightweight dress over the bulky/heavy one for my baggage. Then, at the airport he pays the overweight charges on his bags, rationalizing that it is a drop in the bucket compared to the cost of the entire trip. :eek:

Oh well---at least he never says no to a cruise!

Leslie

First I got the regular luggage weigh scale, then I bought the digital one from Magellan's.

I toss it in my carry on and take it with me after I am finished weighing my locked and strapped luggage. That way I know what weight is coming home with me too. You buy a little thing here and there and it adds up in weight. ;)

Why not just get on the bathroom scale with your packed luggage, then subtract your weight=how much the bag weights? Coming back home I know my bag is going to weigh less becuase it won't have 3 bottles of wine in it.

Just pick up your bag and jump on a bathroom scale and do the math.

Used to do that...........but for $10.00........the portable scale is so much more accurate. Plus, when packing to leave the ship...........since there is no bathroom scale provided, thank goodness..........this little scale really helps out in distributing weight evenly amongst your luggage.

And what do you do for the trip home? It packs very easily for the return trip home. Thats where we are always over weight, we bought one.....paid for itself the first time!

No more over weight fines for us!!! :eek: :eek:

And what do you do for the trip home? It packs very easily for the return trip home. Thats where we are always over weight, we bought one.....paid for itself the first time!

No more over weight fines for us!!! :eek: :eek:

My bags are always lighter coming home anyway. I don't buy anything while on vacation. With the internet available, who needs to shop while on vacation. And if I see a rare deal of a lifetime, I'll ship it home.

That's what my DH always said. When we got stuck paying overweight charges coming home, he changed his mind!

Anyone else have trouble lifting the luggage to weigh it? We have a travel pro and find it a bit awkward.

In all my packing gadgets I haven't ever looked for one of these and what a great idea - I'll have to check these out! Especially since my lovely luggage is heavy itself! One day I'll be able to justify splurging on a lighter set but for now a decent scale would be a great idea!

Archived