Honey Stung Chicken Recipe?

I don't have the recipe, but I just Googled it and found out that the words "Honey Stung" are trademarked by Tyson Chicken producers. I wonder if RCCL buys the ready to cook chicken from Tyson?

Otherwise, there use of the words "honey stung" would be a copyright infringement. :D

Hypo

That's the only time and place that *I* have seen it.

I don't have the recipe, but I think of Honey Stung Chicken as General Tso's Chicken without the hot pepper flakes. ;)

LOL I only saw it on the first day too! BUT it was the base in the buffalo chicken sandwich in the Bistro lunch in the dining room so I had it once and then bemoaned the fact the DR wouldn't be open again for lunch until the last full day and had it again! :)

That's the only time and place that *I* have seen it.

I don't have the recipe, but I think of Honey Stung Chicken as General Tso's Chicken without the hot pepper flakes. ;)

Mental note...board Majesty at 11:30 AM. Make way to Windjammer. Locate honey stung chicken. Experience the utopia that everyone else is talking about.

Seriously, I must have missed this on my Freedom trip, and if it's only served on embarkation day, then that's probably the reason.

Honey Stung chicken is trademarked by Tyson and is not home made. I know this as I work for one of the companies that supply the cruise ships with food products. You can find it at Sam's Club. It is a pre-made, pre-cooked product albeit still very tasty! It comes in a three-piece or four-piece package. Hope this helps!

Honey Stung chicken is trademarked by Tyson and is not home made. I know this as I work for one of the companies that supply the cruise ships with food products. You can find it at Sam's Club. It is a pre-made, pre-cooked product albeit still very tasty! It comes in a three-piece or four-piece package. Hope this helps!

Yum! ! Thanks for the info. I'll be heading to Sam's Club soon.

Now if I could just get someone to come in and turn down my bed and leave chocolates and towel animals for me.

I am so glad I saw this post. I leave saturday on the Radiance and I will have to try this "chicken". Looking forward to it. My DH will not eat at the windjammer. He feels it is too risky to get sick there. We try to be the first ones on board that way I can get him there before it gets crowded and he will eat there that one time only. Since I only get to go once I have to be choosy about what I get. But I will for sure try this chicken. :D

The poster is correct about it being a Tyson product. I worked for Tyson for almost 35 years and since retirement, have purchased Honey Stung and other Tyson products at my local Sam's Club.

Tanker 4

The poster is correct about it being a Tyson product. I worked for Tyson for almost 35 years and since retirement, have purchased Honey Stung and other Tyson products at my local Sam's Club.

Tanker 4

I'm curious about that strange name. I never tried it because the name was so odd. You might be the perfect person to explain where the name came from.

I know this as I work for one of the companies that supply the cruise ships with food products. three-piece or four-piece

Can you say what company you work for? I wonder if it is the same one that provides the wonderful homemade Bakers Choice Coconut Ranger Cookies!:D

I'm curious about that strange name. I never tried it because the name was so odd. You might be the perfect person to explain where the name came from.

Tyson Foods offers hundreds of products in the chicken, beef and pork lines and are constantly developing new products in their test kitchens for it's customers. When a new product is ready to be rolled out, the marketing department working with management and sales (and sometimes the customer) chooses a product name. In the case of "Honey Stung" as I recall, it refers to the sweet taste of the product due to the addition of a bit of honey in the ingredients.

Tanker 4

Archived