Honey Stung Chicken Recipe?

Great explanation! Makes more sense than mine.........

Tanker 4

Thanks. I'll give it a try. (In this case, the name sort of turned me off, although I can't explain why. Just kind of odd. Don't tell Tyson.:D )

I thought they had dozens of Chefs and cooks in the galley cooking and preparing the food, now sounds like they have people who know how to operate a microwave to heat up the premade frozen food.

I think it kind of makes sense ... it is something that can be made quick for embarkation day when a) there are a lot of diners with only a few food options and b) there is (I'm assuming) less time to prep given customs, Coast Guard drills, and other things that can go on that morning when the ship pulls into port.

The Honey Stung chicken I had on the LOS was

NOT from Tyson. I know this because the chicken

on the ship was real! Tyson is nothing but fillers

made from bread crumbs. Not what I call chicken.

I learned my lesson and never buy Tyson.

The honey stung was only at the windjammer

on embarkation day.

on embarkation day.

That's SO funny!:D Bread crumbs? Thanks for giving me a laugh.

on embarkation day.

Folks,

I can assure you this is a Tyson product. It is pre-made, but think about it this way..if ROYAL CARIBBEAN can build a ship from pre-fab materials (staterooms, rockwalls, etc.) then why is it so hard to accept that they can use products that are not made from scratch, and still taste great! Or ..think of it like this...you are having two to three thousand people over for dinner and need something you can cook in around ten minutes!!! lol.. Who cares if it is home made or not..it tastes great and we don't have to cook for a few days!!

We just got off Monarch yesterday. I really enjoyed the Honey Stung chicken on embarkation day. The chicken was great! If something tastes great, I'll give it a try and I don't care if it was just heated or made from scratch.

Believe me, I ate my share of food that I'm pretty sure was made from scratch this past week. Gained three pounds but I went to the gym this morning to start trying to take those pounds back off.

Funny, I bet the previous poster who felt Tyson chicken was full of fillers and breadcrumbs was thinking that Tyson only produced the breaded chicken patties, and nuggets, etc. They do market those products of course, but in our grocery stores Tyson also is the brand on fresh chicken in the meat case. They also make packages of quick frozen skinless chicken breasts, and (my favorite) chicken tender portions. Not a bread crumb in site... just chicken meat quick frozen and very easy to use in recipes.

Because of my good experience with the Tyson chicken, I am really looking forward to trying the Honey Stung Chicken. Maybe I will meet you at the Windjammer

**In JuSt 7 wEEks tiLL our MaRiNeR CrUiSe SeTs SaiL --- Whooo Hoooo **

:eek:

Sorry, lost my decorum for a moment there.:D

Patt

Funny, I bet the previous poster who felt Tyson chicken was full of fillers and breadcrumbs was thinking that Tyson only produced the breaded chicken patties, and nuggets, etc. They do market those products of course, but in our grocery stores Tyson also is the brand on fresh chicken in the meat case. They also make packages of quick frozen skinless chicken breasts, and (my favorite) chicken tender portions. Not a bread crumb in site... just chicken meat quick frozen and very easy to use in recipes.

Because of my good experience with the Tyson chicken, I am really looking forward to trying the Honey Stung Chicken. Maybe I will meet you at the Windjammer

**In JuSt 7 wEEks tiLL our MaRiNeR CrUiSe SeTs SaiL --- Whooo Hoooo **

:eek:

Sorry, lost my decorum for a moment there.:D

Patt

As I stated previously, Tyson produces and markets hundreds of different products and none of them are breaded "fillers". Even the patties and nuggets are pure white meat chicken that has been put through a formax machine to create the the unique shapes. Thanks for the good comments about our products and I hope that you continue to enjoy them.:)

Tanker 4

Perdue is the only chicken I will buy because it is not "enhanced" with saline solution or 'natural juices"--thereby raising its weight and giving you an adultrated product. Some of the pork is done the same way. Sometimes I can find pure Publix chicken. If you read the packaging you will see that it is as much as 15% or more!

I'm surprised that people are shocked that the cruiseline would use any pre-packaged food. We had some great food on our cruise (specifically in Chops and Portofino) that definitely tasted as though it was cooked from scratch....but some of the other food, definitely food in the Windjammer and some in the dining room wasn't as impressive and didn't taste scratch cooked.

Think of it this way, the cruiseline a chain, uses some pre-packaged products, just as any chain restaurant does.

• 1 month later...

If you embark early, and observe the trucks delivering goods, you will notice many are SYSCO, or branded. My DW works in a hospital providing food services, and these days many items served in a hospital, restaurant, or on a ship, are prepared somewhere other than the establishment...but not all! We inquired about a particular salad dressing a few years ago, only to have the waiter bring out a comercially manufactured gallon jug of the delicious dressing!

on embarkation day.

Not all Tyson chicken product is made with fillers. I buy the Buffalo chicken breast strips all the time. If you buy the cheap nuggets then yes you are getting fillers. As a matter of fact, Tyson is one of the producers of McDonalds chicken nuggets.

I'm surprised that people are shocked that the cruiseline would use any pre-packaged food. We had some great food on our cruise (specifically in Chops and Portofino) that definitely tasted as though it was cooked from scratch....but some of the other food, definitely food in the Windjammer and some in the dining room wasn't as impressive and didn't taste scratch cooked.

Think of it this way, the cruiseline a chain, uses some pre-packaged products, just as any chain restaurant does.

You're correct. Many of the chain restaurants that we eat at use the same type of packaged foods. This is the only way that a ship carrying upwards of 4000 can keep up with the demands for food. Much of the stuff comes in frozen ready to cook or bake.

Honey Stung chicken is trademarked by Tyson and is not home made. I know this as I work for one of the companies that supply the cruise ships with food products. You can find it at Sam's Club. It is a pre-made, pre-cooked product albeit still very tasty! It comes in a three-piece or four-piece package. Hope this helps!

No Tyson Honey Stung Chicken at the Sams Club here either...:( :(

What name does it go by?? Honey Stung or something else??(not that any of the ones they had looked like it)

If you want to make honey fried chicken at home, try this recipe

3- 4 boneless chicken breasts

1/2 cup honey

2 Tbs raspberry or cider vinegar

2/3 cup flour

2 Tbs fine dry bread crumbs

2 tsp ground cayenne pepper

2 eggs

1/4 cup buttermilk

1 cup vegetable oil

. salt and freshly ground black pepper

Vegetable oil for frying.

PREPARATION:

Cut the tenders from the breast, and pound the breasts to flattens slightly. Stir the honey and vinegar together and pour over the chicken;

marinate for 2 hour to 4 hours in refrigerator, stirring occasionally.

In a bowl, combine flour, bread crumbs, and cayenne pepper; set aside.

In another bowl, whisk together the eggs and buttermilk.

In a large heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat to 300°,

(higher temperatures could burn honey). Turn oven on to 200.

Remove the chicken from the marinade and drain on paper towels. Dip the chicken in beaten egg mixture, season with salt and pepper, and dredge in the flour mixture, coating thoroughly. .

Add the chicken pieces two or three at a time. Don't overcrowd the pan. Fry on each side until golden brown. Remove to a rack on a sheet pan, lined with paper towels. Hold in the oven, while you fry the rest of the pieces.

You're welcome! Hope you like it!

I probably won't have a chance to make it before I board the Enchantment this week, but I'll make some when I get back and post pics to my website. When I make this, I usually prefer the cider vinegar to the raspberry vinegar for the marinade.

No Tyson Honey Stung Chicken at the Sams Club here either...:( :(

What name does it go by?? Honey Stung or something else??(not that any of the ones they had looked like it)

Yes, the name is Honey Stung and we've found it in bags at our Sam's in Brooksville. Have also seen it in the smaller package (boxes) in some of the supermarkets in our area. Guess it's the luck of the draw. :)

Yes, the name is Honey Stung and we've found it in bags at our Sam's in Brooksville. Have also seen it in the smaller package (boxes) in some of the supermarkets in our area. Guess it's the luck of the draw. :)

Thanks...................I'll check Publix and maybe even Walmart(since Sams had it).........

and just think I ate the Cracker Barrel at the Brooksville exit last Thursday........I could have made a side trip..:)

Thanks...................I'll check Publix and maybe even Walmart(since Sams had it).........

and just think I ate the Cracker Barrel at the Brooksville exit last Thursday........I could have made a side trip..:)

Hope it works for you. Our Sam's has had it in the large bags at times.:)

Archived