Circle South America with Slinkie and Grumpy

Grumpy1

Sorry to hear of your recent difficulties but glad that everyone on board is fine. One day we would very much like to do the Amazon -- must work down our travel priority list. We are most anxious to see pictures but will wait patiently for your return.

Hi Grumpy and Slinkie, someone just told me about your journal, so I have snuk over from the Seabourn Board and copied and pasted the first 8 pages! You may remember that 2 years ago YOU were to blame for me deciding to book a LONG cruise for my very first cruise, after reading your World Cruise log……well here I am again…this time an 85 day cruise, and I think we are right behind you …we are still in the Amazon. (on The Pride) I am also writing my ramblings on the Seabourn page, and after reading yours have seen very similar experiences….H STERN!!! Love the pisco sours…..cant spell or pronounce the Brazilian ones unless I’ve had about 5!

Our cruise left Fort Lauderdale on January 5th…..and before that we had been staying at Pier 66….we saw the Prinsendam sail out….I would have waved if Id known you were on board! We also saw the Prinsendam “somewhere” during our cruise, but have been to so many ports I forget where! I will check here every few days to see what the weather is like up ahead!!

I am hanging on every word of your travels. Thanks so much for taking us all along with you.

After your world trip you helped me set up a laptop computer for wireless internet on the ship. Now I am trying to set up a GPS system with the computer to keep track of our travels on a cruise. My goodness, I'm even having trouble determining which maps to buy, much less how to set it all up!!!

Did you figure it all out by yourself or do you have a good resource/manual? I would appreciate any help you could provide, once you are home and are not paying the awful internet connection rates.

Thanks so much!!

Carolyn

Missing Grumpy's reports ...Saw the Prinsendam at HMC in a photo posted by Radio today and thought of Grumpy and Slinky and came to the realization that if they are at HMC they must be heading back to FL this evening and this grand voyage is coming to an end ... I don't know if Grumpy and Slinky are sad about this, but I sure am!! I'm going to miss Grumpy's journal, and I hope they plan to post the amazon adventures after they get back home and rested tomorrow!!

Grumpy .. Thank you so much for taking us along on your amazing journey .. Have a safe journey home tomorrow and I'll be checking back soon ..I hope to find your final installments!!

Thanks again,

Peggy

:D Slinky and Grumpy are busy arranging all the new things they bought on this trip and I'm sure they're planning the next cruise or cruises right now.

Hope you are both alright and hope to hear from you soon. Pictures, we need pictures!! :D

Aren't we all just a TAD SPOILED...........from all those great reviews that Grumpy supplies us with. icon14.gif It's like reading a good book and then you get to the last page and it's over!!

I am among the many waiting for Grumpy and Slinky to post on the Board. I hope everything is all right with them. We need the final days of their Amazon experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your South Georgia Island photos were quite remarkable. I never expected to have such a close-up look at this wonderful and mysterious place, but you superb pictures made it possible.

Thank you so much.

This is not like Grumpy to not complete his journal. I pray that he is well, but I am worried!

I know what you mean. I've been having the same thoughts for a while now.

Does anyone have any info to share?

Does anybody on here have Grumpy & Slinkies full real name?? I tried to look up his sister, but she just like Grumpy doesn't have a e-mail address posted in their Profile area. I did e-mail one of their fellow cruise mate that was on the same cruise with them in hopes that they might have some information.

Just not like Grumpy to stay away a whole month. Hope his health is okay.

I'm not sure if Cruise Critic would contact them and let them know we're all worried about them both. ????

I have not been reading this thread lately because I have been busy and knew they were back home. But I have AOL and so do they and I have seen them pop up on my buddy list that they have been on line recently:) I will try emailing them and see how they are doing.

Just to let everyone know I heard back from Grumpy and he and Slinkie are fine he has just been very busy since they got home and on the 4 will be traveling North to visit family. Once he returns and things settle down he will return. He thanks everyone for thinking about him.:)

Archived