"LIVE" from the Liberty of the Seas/ 1-05-08

Radio

Radio~!

I'm just finding out about your Live from Liberty!!

Now to backtrack and read! !Im sure you're having an amazing time on her!!

It was very nicwe of TPKELLER to let me know you posted some info on Ziplining in Labadee! We usally jet ski, but i think next time to Labadee (dec) we want to zipline as well. Curious what the experience is like since it is supposed to be the longest line...

Cheers, I'll be back to read through! Love your Lives, thanks for taking the time~!

I started off by renting a car, near the port facility. I made my way through Phillipsburg, and visited Great Bay, Little Bay, and the Little Divi Bay Resort.

It was great over there. You can get a chair and umbrella for the day, for $10. They have changing rooms, and restroom facilities, a couple of bars, and restaurants. There were many Cruise Ship passengers over there.

Radio

Great Bay, looking over at Phillipsburg

Little Divi Bay Resort

SXM52.jpg

Calm Water, and Cool Breezes

SXM58.jpg

Hi Radio,

I know I am a few days behind, but wanted to ask you if you find the Seas calmer at Little Divi then other beaches in St. Martin?

I have lately become quite nervous in St. Martin due to the strong current and waves at most of the beaches. I will be there with my 3 children in March and am frankly a little worried. We usually go to Mullet Bay and Orient Beach. Do you think Divi is calmer, or just the luck of the draw?

Thanks for the info and all of the beautiful pictures. Very enjoyable reading!

Awww, today's your last full day, before you have to get off tomorrow. Tonight, the last night when your packing, the depression always starts to set in. Then, when you take your first step off onto the platform to take you to the terminal, it really starts to hurt.

Isn't it great how we anally obsessed cruisers can just pull out all of our old Compasses and look up stuff like this? ;) :eek: :D

I can't resist...this had me in stitches. I am an obsessed cruiser who saves all her Compasses, but I wouldn't say I am anally obsessed. :eek:

Sounds like a personal problem.

yeah, yeah, spare me. I know what she meant. :)

Hi Radio!

Your pictures are awesome! I noticed that someone had asked about the camera you are using. A poster provided a link to your photo albums...however, I can't seem to find the info.

Maybe I am just having a duh moment!

We were on the Liberty in May...wow--your reports are bringing back some wonderful memories!

Thank you!

I use many Camera's, but most pics for this cruise is a Sony DSC-W50.

It is very small, and can store in in my pocket ! :)

Radio

;) ;)

Radio~!

I'm just finding out about your Live from Liberty!!

Now to backtrack and read! !Im sure you're having an amazing time on her!!

It was very nicwe of TPKELLER to let me know you posted some info on Ziplining in Labadee! We usally jet ski, but i think next time to Labadee (dec) we want to zipline as well. Curious what the experience is like since it is supposed to be the longest line...

Cheers, I'll be back to read through! Love your Lives, thanks for taking the time~!

Thanks CruiseDIVA :)

Yeah . . . TPKELLER is a Great Guy ! I must sign up early next time for the Zip Line next time !

Maybe in March '08 on Radiance ?

Radio

;) ;)

Hi radio!

Thanks so much for the live blog. You really are doing a great job!

Just wondering about a few rumors... is Royal Caribbean really getting rid of the midnight buffet? Also how is the poolside reggae band? Do they only play for two hours a day like they did on our Mariner cruise over the summer (compared to all day like it used to be)? Is it true that RCCL might get rid of this as well?

How's the entertainment - any good magicians or comedians?

Thanks again, and have a great rest of the cruise!

They don't get it do they Jill! Have fun next week! We'll both be at sea in Jan and Feb. I leave 1-24 on Empress while you're on Jewel and Jim and I leave 2-18 on Majesty while you're on Mariner.

No, They do not Karen:p !!!

Maybe we will meet again on the high seas!!! Later, Jill:cool:

Hi Radio,

i have been reading your "Live" thread for the last few days and i have to say thank you:D it is so nice for you to take the time from your vacation to post all those wonderful comments and pictures for all the cruise critic members to enjoy.

My DH and i go on liberty in nov and even though it is a long ways away i am really looking forward to it thanks to your comments. :)

Hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Alyna

Awww, today's your last full day, before you have to get off tomorrow. Tonight, the last night when your packing, the depression always starts to set in. Then, when you take your first step off onto the platform to take you to the terminal, it really starts to hurt.

How true, how true!! :o We won't be cruising until July and I'm feeling it already.

Hi Radio.. Simply awesome report and pictures. I am sorry to ask you a question, as you have been so respectful answering all the others. But, we were on the Liberty in Sept. 07. In Labadee we first went to the beach to the right facing the zipline, but found just a small portion of the beach suitable for swimming. Then went to the opposite side and enjoyed the water extremely. When in the water the ship was slightly to the left, and the "fun" park could be seen. I didnt recognize the Dragons Rock Cafe or beach, and would love to be there when we are in Labadee in Aug. Is Dragons Rock Beach stated on the directory when arriving there? Thanks so much. Also, for those wishing a bridge tour...we were celebrating our anniversary while on our second Princess cruise. I hand wrote a letter (on good stationary) to the Captain whose name I found out ahead of time, requesting a bridge tour to celebrate our anniv. Sure enough, we received an invitation on the next sea day and what a thrill it was. Perhaps Princess does it differently, but its worth a try.

i'm interested in the zip line, but is there a weight requirement?

The maximum weight is 250 but this can be adjusted down to as little as 200 depending on weather conditions at the time.

The minimum weight is 75lbs

The minimum height 60"

Cost is currently $80 last I heard. It was $65 in August when we went.

Hello everyone!

As you know; today is the last day, and I will be in Miami tomorrow.

I will have to pack tonight and stay up for the final parade! (I missed the first 2. . .ooops) Today was the busiest day on the ship. It seemed that way with tables of specials outside, on the Promenade, and In the photo gallery. Specials were everywhere. That is a good thing for those who like to shop.

I found out that they served Lobster on the 2nd Formal Night, and that they DO offer babysitting services, that are In Cabin. The details are provided by Guest Relations, and NOT Adventure Ocean. . . there is a charge for that service. For those who need to know. . .you should contact the Pursers Desk as soon as you board.

Here are the Spa Prices as requested. . . .They did offer Specials on these on Thursday and Friday: (There may be more services; but these were listed in the LIBERTY SPA Menu)

Ionithermie Detox Slimming 145

Micro Dermabrasion Facial 169

La Therapie Hydra Lift Facial 119

Aromaspa Seaweed Massage 195

Hot Stone Massage 195

Absolute Face and Body Massage 195

Lime and Ginger Exfoliation 155

Couples Float / Massage Combo 179

Teeth Whitening 199

Actupuncture 150

Sweedish Massage 119

Deep Tissue 129

Reflexology/Reflex 119

Couples Massage 269

Exotic hand Ritual/Paraffin 45 /25

Sole Delight Pedicure / Paraffin 65/25

Acrylic Fills / Full Set 45/85

Mens Shave 45

Personal Training 85

I have a few pics to post today from around the ship. . .

Thanks for tuning in . . . .

I will post again tomorrow in Miami !

Radio

The Outside Pool decks were Packed !

Main Pool

F2.jpg

H2O Zone

F4.jpg

Solarium Pool

F3.jpg

I am sorry to have to leave the Ship. . .

F5.jpg

But we will be in Miami tomorrow !

F8.jpg

Radio: well, it looks like we're almost at the end of our trip with you. What a shame!:( It's always like that. That last sea day is really a bummer! My DD is going with us in April on Voyager and she said, "Seven days is a long time." As you might surmise, this will be her first cruise! LOL:rolleyes: The time slips by as quickly as that beautiful azure sea.

Hi, Jillybabes and Parrothead!!!

Thanks for a really great review Radio. Can't wait for the next one!

Hello everyone ! I forgot to post our position Map. . . Here we are. . . now still heading on a course of 320, and a speed of 14.4kts.

We should be in Miami at around 530-6AM. I will post again from Miami !

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

MAP12.jpg

Radio, it's been just wonderful cruising with you. Thanks again and look forward to to your wrap up/review.

One thing. I just can't get over how young the Captain and 2nd Officer look in your photos. Are they really as young as they appear?

Thanks again and great job!;)

Kenny

Am I the only one who doesnt save any of that stuff??:confused:

Makes us at least two.

:D

Not me...I don't save any of it either! I only care about what is happening when I am onboard. As I get older, I get rid of all the excess paperwork in the house! All I need are my memories, and there are many of those.

SEE Jill and MM!! I am NOT alone.....:p

Archived