3 night cruise?

Suitegurl

Sadly, only 2 full days, and both are likely to be spent docked somewhere. To me it's hardly worth going - it's just too short. Even the 4 day cruises are too short, and since they usually sail Sun-Thurs, I'd have to take off almost as much vacation time as I would to do a 7 day...so I stay away from the short cruises.

Sue/WDW1972

Veendam 3/09/08

Are you looking at the Westerdam April 19?

We are on the April 13th 6-day on the Westerdam? Not sure what to expect on that one either.

Hi Julie - Yes we are looking at the 19th. We live driving distance to the port and thought it might be a fun long weekend. I only have a couple of vacation days so we can't do a longer cruise like we usually do. But we are wondering about the activities, dining, shows etc on a 3 night. Hopefully someone might have done a 3 night on HAL before and can share their experience.

They are just giving W'Dam a break, because she departs on a 19 day repo cruise to Seattle on April 22.

Isn't one of the terrible places you will have to be docked Half Moon Cay? I could think of many hundreds of worse places!

Several cruiselines do 3 and 4 day cruises, for those short get-aways. Out here on the left coast, they run out of LA, go to Catalina, San diego and Ensenada. We call them fishing cruises, because they get people hooked on cruising. Worked on us!

Bruce

We're looking at a 3-day on the Eurodam Oct 15 out of FLL just to see/try the new ship! It spends one day at Nassau and one at HMC.

We've never tried a "half-cruise" on HAL, but we did try a 4-day on RCCL out of Port Canaveral (20 miles from us). On that cruise we had one day at Nassau, one at Coco Cay (RCCI's HMC), and one at sea. We had one formal night, nightly shows, and pretty much half of what you'd see on a 7-nighter. It was over quick, but that was OK, because it was the only cruise that I have ever not been sad to see end! RCCL just wasn't our cup of tea, compared to HAL!

I admit that the 3 and 4 day cruise are far too short (just when you get comfy on the boat, it's time to get off!!). But if you live close to port, can get a great rate, and stop at HMC! Go for it! I can't think of no better way to spend a weekend. Much better than at home anyday!

Happy sailing!!

We have booked the three day prelude cruise on Eurodam but I suppose that doesn't count as we have also booked the ten day Maiden Voyage that follows.

But I would book a 3 day cruise in the blink of an eye as long as it was within 2 hours drive from home. Call it a little get away... a rest and respite....... I'd love to do that several times a year as long as we still had our 'real' cruises. :)

These short cruises are different... not bad, usually good, but a different experience than a "normal" longer cruise.

My wife and I have done short repositioning cruises on Princess and Celebrity, and have booked Amsterdam for a 4 day in May. We view it as more of a long weekend at a B&B than a traditional cruise.

Go for it. Its a get away.

We are looking at booking a 3 night cruise out of FTL for a quick get-away. Can anyone give me any ideas of what to expect on such a short cruise?

The worse thing about a 3 day is you spend half your time embarking and disembarking. Too short for my likes. ;)

We have booked the three day prelude cruise on Eurodam but I suppose that doesn't count as we have also booked the ten day Maiden Voyage that follows.

But I would book a 3 day cruise in the blink of an eye as long as it was within 2 hours drive from home. Call it a little get away... a rest and respite....... I'd love to do that several times a year as long as we still had our 'real' cruises. :)

Even though we have never taken a cruise this short, we feel that we will agree with this advice. NYC is close and we will have no ports on the 3 night Eurodam intro cruise. A new ship and 3 nights at sea sounds like heaven to us.

Archived