Grand Princess....

cruisejunkie15

Hello,

I have never cruised Princess before, in fact I have only cruised Carnival. I am planning my honeymoon right now, and althoug I have a Carnival Cruise booked (back up) I saw an Itin that I loved in Princess, but its on the Grand Princess. I have sailed on all the new ships of Carnival so I think I am a bit spoiled. I saw that the Grand Princess was done in 1998, how does the ship look? does anyone have pictures? has anyone done both carnival and princess and can give me a comparison of the two? I really want a special cruise, I love the ship but I am a ports person, I like the countries and thats why I cruise. But I want my honeymoon to be great, and I want to enjoy the ship as well.

Thank you for advising, please dont get offended by anything I have said.

I do appreciate all your help.

Thank you!!! I just wanted to to hear from someone that I should not be afraid! I read that it even has a big screen, which all the ships I have gone on have had one. I loved the itin, but then I read reviews on it and I was kind of dissappointed. Then again, its my own fault for reading too much into the reviews!

There was recently a member who expressed her fears about the Grand (to the point of being obsessive), especially because she was traveling with some first time cruisers, and she felt they wouldn't be happy with the ship. When she returned from her voyage, she had nothing but good things to say about it. I wouldn't be deterred because the ship's not brand spanking new.

We were also on The Grand a few months back and found her to be in great condition. And we also experienced some of the most attentive staff we have encountered.

I wouldn't hesitate to book a trip on her again tomorrow.

Mike:)

We have cruised twice recently on the Grand, and she is GRAND! No problems with maintenance or cleanliness. She is probably a lot newer than the airplane you will fly on!

Check out our review and pics at http://www.elite.net/~thehalls/med.html

and

http://www.elite.net/~thehalls/wcarib.html

You will find tons of information, and more photo albums than you can stand, at

http://cruiseclues.com/shipstips/grandprincess.htm

Princess is generally considered a more upscale line than Carnival. There are still lots of activities and entertainment, but perhaps a bit more low key. If you are constant on the go, party hearty, let's have a lot of fun, then maybe Carnival is for you. But if you can be a little more laid back and still enjoy yourself you will love Princess!

Have a GREAT cruise!

We have cruised twice recently on the Grand, and she is GRAND! No problems with maintenance or cleanliness. She is probably a lot newer than the airplane you will fly on!

Princess is generally considered a more upscale line than Carnival. There are still lots of activities and entertainment, but perhaps a bit more low key. If you are constant on the go, party hearty, let's have a lot of fun, then maybe Carnival is for you. But if you can be a little more laid back and still enjoy yourself you will love Princess!

Have a GREAT cruise!

I agree with Mr. Hall. I have cruised once on the Grand, and am booked for her again in March. No hesitation on my part at all. She is a wonderful ship, and while older than some in the Princess fleet, she is still quite impressive. You will enjoy sailing on her.

By the way Mr. Hall, I love your web site and reading about your adventures. I found it before my 1st cruise, and it really helped me know that I was going to have a good time. Thanks so much for posting your experiences!

Mike

Wow thank you guys so much! I loved the pics Mike, they were great! Ok I am excited now, I was so scared that it might not be for me.

Both me and my Fiancee are in our mid to late 20's, although we like alot of activities, we wanted a relaxing cruise for our honeymoon. We wanted to do Europe, but since we are getting married in january, that is not the best time to visit Europe because of the weather. So we opted for the caribbean, but we wanted ports we had never been to before.

Again, thank you all for the encouragement!!!

We did the Grand for our first cruise, and are now weeks away from our third, as she made such a great impression. The decor and atmosphere should be lovely for a honeymoon cruise. Very stylish without being stuffy. Lots of wood and brass. It's a beautiful ship. Be sure to check out the aft pool, as few ventured there. It should be a good match, as there are plenty of activities, but still lots of quiet nooks and crannies to relax and enjoy.

Wow thank you guys so much! I loved the pics Mike, they were great! Ok I am excited now, I was so scared that it might not be for me.

Both me and my Fiancee are in our mid to late 20's, although we like alot of activities, we wanted a relaxing cruise for our honeymoon. We wanted to do Europe, but since we are getting married in january, that is not the best time to visit Europe because of the weather. So we opted for the caribbean, but we wanted ports we had never been to before.

You will have peace and quiet and the food will be much better. The crowd will also be a little older but by no means will it be a morgue.

I was recently on the Crown, and with the exception of tripping over a few walkers in the passageway and getting run down by a scooter, I thought it was the best cruise that I have been on.

I did a reveiw of Grand- somewhere on these boards...... We were on her over Christmas. I read the good and the bad- who ever said this ship was tired looking was out trying tpo find something wrong.

You will be on your honeymoon! YOU WILL HAVE FUN!!!:D We've been married 20 years, and we enjoyed ourselves.

We also started off cruising on Carnival- we haven't been back for over 10 years on them, but have cruised on many other lines.

I think people who go in crabby don't have fun no matter what.

Congratualtions and may you have a long and happy marriage!

Gabrielle

Thank you!!! we booked it!! you guys were so great, and gave me such good information! I want to say thanks once again! so we are now booked on the Grand 14 day for our honeymoon!!! :)

Cant Wait!!! I saw some pics, and its true, the people that complained went in with a bad attitude, nothing is perfect anywhere, its all what you make of it! :)

Just got off the Grand on Saturday (1/12). Hadn't cruised that particular ship since my honeymoon in 1999. After 14 Princess cruises, we found the Grand had some of the happiest and most accommodating staff we've seen on a Princess ship in a LONG time. Hopefully this attitude is spreading fleet wide, but we had one of our best cruises ever on the Grand.

Enjoy your honeymoon and congratulations on your upcoming marriage!

Hi, my husband and I cruised on The Grand Princess in 2003 for our honeymoon, and I cant find one single bad thing to say about her, she was just fantastic !!! We went to the caribbean, which was stunning and Oh so romantic ! We were on the ship for nine nights and really didnt want to get off ! We both wished it would go on for longer !!!

We never did get to see all of the ship, and there was so much going on !

The moment we got on the ship it was breath taking, and it stayed like that all through the cruise, such lovely memories and a fantastic ship for honeymooners ! Be sure to let them know in advance so that you get the special treatment, they go overboard, its fantastic !!! Happy honeymoon !:) ;)

Archived