Sydney Skytower Restaurant

cruisecruzer

We had an evening meal there in April. We went to the 'buffet' restaurant and had asked if there was a dress code. Yes; smart casual. When we turned up there were loads of 'teens' going up in jeans etc. We mentioned this and was told the dress code was for the 'a la carte' restaurant. Did dampen the evening a bit. We spoke to someone who had been to the a la carte and decided that we should have gone there. Next time maybe! Apart from that, its a great view...even at night in the middle of an electrical storm!! So I would say go, but if there is only 2 of you, go for the a la carte and don't forget to book. Heres a link if you haven't got it.

http://www.sydneytowerrestaurant.com.au/

Simon

One bit of advice if you go to the buffet. When we went there were no table numbers and of course, as the restaurant revolves, you move in relation to the bar, toilets etc; so try and remember who is at the table you are sitting next to! This may sound stupid, but I walked round the whole floor once looking for the wife! Have fun.

Simon

Hi,

Has anyone gone to the Sydney Skytower for lunch or dinner? If so, would you recommend this? and is lunch or dinner better.

Thanks for any info!:D

Annie

Go for dinner..get dressed up..have a romantic evening with the lights in the city...but DON'T put your handbag on the revolving ledge near your table...you won't see it again as it disappears around the room.!!

it's a revolving restaurant and many forget that part....

The Sydney Tower revolving restaurants have had a revamp in the last couple of years:

I have been to neither since the revamp but am told that both are pretty good but pricey - in a nutshell, you are paying a premium for the view!! There are better dining options around but not with the 360 degree outlook offered by Sydney Tower ... therefore, they both tend to attract more tourists/visitors than residents, with the buffet attracting lots of big groups of tourists.

To be honest, if I was a first -time visitor to Sydney, I would visit Sydney Tower to see the view and perhaps even do the Skywalk ... see www.sydneytoweroztrek.com.au. I would also think about eating at 360 (but not the buffet) but in the end, would probably opt to eat somewhere else ... there are just so many choices that offer good value for money often with a view. A useful restaurant online guide I have found is www.eatability.com.au.

Cheers

Bob

Bob,

As so often happens, this was not my post, but I wanted to thank you for taking the time to post this very useful information.

If you were to pick one "do not miss" restaurant for lunch and one for dinner, which one would you pick?

Talk about a tough question!!! There are just so many great places to eat and when I don't know knowing anything about you or your eating out likes/dislikes, it is almost impossible for me to make a recommendation that would do you or me justice.

Some will see flying by sea plane from Sydney Harbour to Peats Bite Restaurant for a long lunch on the riverfront (see www.seaplanes.com.au) as one of life's special pleasures, while others would laugh at the thought and price. On the other hand, many will also delight in taking a ferry ride to Watsons Bay for a lunch of freshly cooked lunch of fish and chips in the harbourside park there.

Bob

Really nice website and I understand your point. Cannot blame me for trying, I frequently find local people's favorite restaurants are usually an excellent choice. Of course it depends on the type and why they like it.

Thanks.

We had an evening meal there in April. We went to the 'buffet' restaurant and had asked if there was a dress code. Yes; smart casual. When we turned up there were loads of 'teens' going up in jeans etc. We mentioned this and was told the dress code was for the 'a la carte' restaurant. Did dampen the evening a bit. We spoke to someone who had been to the a la carte and decided that we should have gone there. Next time maybe! Apart from that, its a great view...even at night in the middle of an electrical storm!! So I would say go, but if there is only 2 of you, go for the a la carte and don't forget to book. Heres a link if you haven't got it.

http://www.sydneytowerrestaurant.com.au/

Simon

There are only a handful of restaurants in Sydney that have a "dress code" and even then, if you're famous or look like you have money they don't apply. I would never expect any restaurant that has a buffet to have a dress code (not in Sydney anyway).

The places where dress codes are enforced are clubs. Returned Services Clubs and Football Clubs etc. and even they have relaxed quite a bit over the last few years.

Jagoffee - my 'do not miss' restaurant is Cafe Sydney. It is on top of Customs House at Circular Quay and overlooks the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House. Its very pricey and you need to book well ahead.

http://www.cafesydney.com/Cafesydney_Design.cfm

or for something a little more informal with a great location - Opera Bar. It is an outside bar/cafe (but undercover). You order your food at the bar and they bring it to you. It is on the walkway right next to the Opera House and looks straight out on to Circular Quay and the Harbour Bridge.

http://www.operabar.com.au/Home/522/n/3/0/0/

Archived