Tell me about your best ever towel animal

While sailing the Enchantment of the Seas, our cabin attendant made a long aligator towel animal. When I commented to him that it was one of the nicest towel animals I had ever seen, he said to me, "I'll see if I can make you an even better one."

Well....

The next night, we walked into the cabin and what do we see??? A life size man lying on our bed. Our cabin attendant made this towel "man" using the terry cloth robe provided by the cruise line. He stuffed the robe with towels. For the head he used my small travel memory foam pillow, my husband's sun glasses and his hat. The arms and legs were made of yellow pool towels and he crossed the legs. My sneakers were used for the feet. The "man" lie on our bed, holding the Daily Compass and it looked as though he was intently reading it. Chocolates were carefully place on the pillow which propped up the "man".

Needless to say, I took several pictures of this towel "man". Unfortunately I don't have a Webshots account so I can't post the pictures on this mb. Our cabin attendant out did himself with his creation and I know it will never be out done.

progress.gif

You know, towel animals is a difficult subject for me...:( My first and only cruise was on the Soverign of the Seas to Nassau and Coco Cay. It was 4 days, 3 nights. I didn't get ONE towel animal. Not one! I was so looking forward to them. I never even met my room steward. I had heard how great they would be and how they make towel animals, but nada for me!:o

So, now I'm REALLY looking forward to them. I think they are so cute. Some of the photos I've seen here and on webshots are amazing. The 'towel man' sounds so neat. I promise that I will take lots of pics and post them in my review. I'm a total optimist! The second time is the charm, right?:p

The best towel animal i had was on the Carnival Destiny, it was a hanging bat. WE took lots of pictures and left him hanging the rest of the week. I have been on RCCL,HAL and Carnival and i think the best animals have been on all our Carnival cruises. I enjoy coming back to the cabin and seeing what they come up with and i always take a picture of it with the next days compass.

I think the stewards outdo themselves when they know there are kids in the room because when we took our 2 kids he made two different ones everynight, one for my daughter and one for son. They really loved that.

Michele

While sailing the Enchantment of the Seas, our cabin attendant made a long aligator towel animal. When I commented to him that it was one of the nicest towel animals I had ever seen, he said to me, "I'll see if I can make you an even better one."

Well....

The next night, we walked into the cabin and what do we see??? A life size man lying on our bed. Our cabin attendant made this towel "man" using the terry cloth robe provided by the cruise line. He stuffed the robe with towels. For the head he used my small travel memory foam pillow, my husband's sun glasses and his hat. The arms and legs were made of yellow pool towels and he crossed the legs. My sneakers were used for the feet. The "man" lie on our bed, holding the Daily Compass and it looked as though he was intently reading it. Chocolates were carefully place on the pillow which propped up the "man".

Needless to say, I took several pictures of this towel "man". Unfortunately I don't have a Webshots account so I can't post the pictures on this mb. Our cabin attendant out did himself with his creation and I know it will never be out done.

progress.gif

thats so cool!!!!!!! thats just something an RCI stateroom attendant would do to is go out of their way to please you! thats the coolest one I have ever heard.

progress.gif

Email me the picture, I want to see it and I will post it here on the thread for you. Sclmkl@gmail.com

I shocked the daylights out of our cabin steward because I got a towel animal book and practiced making them before our cruise. I left one the first night before we went for dinner. He was so amazed that he brought all his friends to see what I did and they all figured that I must have worked on a cruise ship. He even brought his supervisor to look. From then on it became a competition to see who could out do the other.

My husband had gone to the cabin one night and when we met up he said wait til you see what Nigel left tonight. The next morning when I saw him I said ok, you win. He just grinned from ear to ear. This was his winning entry.:D

IMG_1458.jpg?t=1200458413

Quite honestly, both times I've cruise I have been too excited or preoccupied with other things I'm doing that every time I come back to the room and see the various towel animals, I'm very happy because I am simply SURPRISED.

Corny, but true. It's nice to know someone did something for you:)

I use to take or leave towel animals. They were a nice extra for sure but now that I have my daughter 6 with us who just goes gaga for them, it is more exciting seeing it thru her eyes.:) Michelle from the Navigator - we just LOVED her - she was the highlight of our cruise. She made a hanging monkey that was waving hello to my daughter as she climbed up to her pullman bed. Then when she got up to the bed there was a bunch of little towel animals sleeping with her stuffed animals under the covers. My daughter's face was priceless.

Quite honestly, both times I've cruise I have been too excited or preoccupied with other things I'm doing that every time I come back to the room and see the various towel animals, I'm very happy because I am simply SURPRISED.

Corny, but true. It's nice to know someone did something for you:)

I agree they are just so cute. I had fun naming all of them

:p

Well....

progress.gif

Someone on CC posted that when they returned to their cabin one night, their cabin steward had made a complete man, somewhat like yours...............but sitting up on the toilet in the bathroom!

I believe that they came close to cardiac arrest!!!! ;)

Ok, long time CC'ers - who has the picture of that OBSCENE towel animal that was posted about a year ago?!?!?!??!?!

I believe that was Realent.;)

Our cabin steward on the Vision but a bunny rabbit right in front of the elephant's trunk, so it looked rather, um, suggestive.:rolleyes:

We also had a full size towel man sitting in our bed wearing my DH's jacket, baseball cap, sunglasses. It scared the heck out of us when we came in, opened the light to our cabin and there he was, sitting there as calm as can be reading my book, with the tv remote in his hand. How did our cabin attendant know???? :rolleyes:

You know, towel animals is a difficult subject for me...:( My first and only cruise was on the Soverign of the Seas to Nassau and Coco Cay. It was 4 days, 3 nights. I didn't get ONE towel animal. Not one! I was so looking forward to them. I never even met my room steward. I had heard how great they would be and how they make towel animals, but nada for me!:o

So, now I'm REALLY looking forward to them. I think they are so cute. Some of the photos I've seen here and on webshots are amazing. The 'towel man' sounds so neat. I promise that I will take lots of pics and post them in my review. I'm a total optimist! The second time is the charm, right?:p

When you get your first towel animal, it will lift your spirits immensely. Yes, take pictures. We take pictures of all our towel animals. They are lots of fun.

We also had a full size towel man sitting in our bed wearing my DH's jacket, baseball cap, sunglasses. It scared the heck out of us when we came in, opened the light to our cabin and there he was, sitting there as calm as can be reading my book, with the tv remote in his hand. How did our cabin attendant know???? :rolleyes:

Try being a woman sailing alone! Imagine my confusion & fright when I walked in and saw a man laying in my bed. Darn it, he was fake!

Here's my favorite reaction to a towel animal. On my mother/daughter cruise last May, the steward made a rabbit the first night. The next night, he made a monkey. We walked into the room and my daughter exclaimed, "Oh,no! They hung the bunny!"

P.S. Bonnie, we have to get you back on a cruise ship!!!!

Archived