HMC cabanas

seaisme

We were on HMC Dec 30, 2007 and had the purple cabana which was the next to the last of 15. It was great since very few people ventured down the beach that far. It was one of the highlights of our cruise. :cool:

I think that since they have added so many new cabanas, the maps are very outdated.

Blue skies!

The excursion purchase screen shows 15 cabanas. Not counting the large cabana.

I though the purple cabana was about the end of the main "crowd" area, slightly over halfway down the beach. Some of the maps we have seen on CC show it as being number 8 or 9, starting at the tender end of the beach. That was why we booked it for our April cruise.

Someone put together, and posted a link to, a photo collage showing all the cabanas in order, with colors and numbers. Unfortunately I don't have the link. If you do a search on the private islands board under ports of call, I think you'll find it there.

IIRC, the purple is number 6, but whatever the number, it is past the area that is really crowded - at least, the crowds don't reach that far with only one ship (a Vista) - that was my experience last fall.

I can tell you that the bright yellow one is #12, and that #13 is terra cotta, #14 is red. I think the last one is some form of purple, maybe mauve.

Oh, and there is another yellowish one that is #9--not sure what color they call that.

I found this link that has pictures of all of them. I can never get them all to download, though, and I'm on mega-broadband.

http://home.g-net.net/~cbrock/HalfMoonCay.html

When I book our cabana I call the shore excursion number at HAL 888-425-9376. It took 2 tries, but I reached an agent who knew the locations of most of the cabanas. Starting at the Massage Cabana - Taupe, Blue, Turquoise, and Orange. These 4 are closes to the rest rooms, bar and the Food Pavilion (important if you’re not get the butler package). Don’t know the color of the 5th cabana. Then it’s Sky Blue, Purple, Pink, Green & Terra Cotta. I didn't write down the rest of the colors becasue I wanted to be close to the services.

Aunty Pay

Barefoot Windjammer - Phantom ‘81

K&D German Rhine Line ‘84

NCL - Norway ’85, Pride of America ’05, Southward ’87, Star ’97 & ‘05, Starward ’92, Sun ’02 & Windward ’93

RCC - Song of America ‘89

American Hawaiian - Independence ‘98

HAL - Volendam ’99, Noordam ’06, Oosterdam ’07, Statendam ’02, Prinsendam ’03 & ’06, Zuiderdam ’04, ’06 & ‘07

Carnival - Spirit ‘05

Celebrity – Summit ‘05

Cruise West - Yorktown Clipper ‘06

Princess - Golden Princess ‘07

A & K - East Queen ‘07

Pending Cruises – QM2 Feb. 2 ’08 & Eurodam Oct.1 ‘08

I always use this reference, an easy photo array put together by CC Member SkyWalkerVader. It looks small, but can be enlarged by clicking near the bottom right of the photos.

And, just for information - there is a new bathroom directly behind the Eggshell Cabana.

http://static.flickr.com/108/296583013_6fa96f5e51_o.jpg

• 2 months later...
I can tell you that the bright yellow one is #12, and that #13 is terra cotta, #14 is red. I think the last one is some form of purple, maybe mauve.

Oh, and there is another yellowish one that is #9--not sure what color they call that.

I found this link that has pictures of all of them. I can never get them all to download, though, and I'm on mega-broadband.

http://home.g-net.net/~cbrock/HalfMoonCay.html

well...just to give you an update. We rented what we thought was the grey cabana...#1. We unloaded all of our things, and were there for almost 2 hours when someone showed up and said it was their cabana. The HAL representative (in no unpleasant tone) informed us that the grey was #11 (what everyone refers to as lilac or lt. purple)...and that #1 is TAUPE. Looks grey to us. So we had to repack all of our items and move...with no help from HAL. Our HAL ticket clearly said GREY but didn't print the cabana number. HAL could do a better job in identifying the cabanas...especially since there are several yellow and severla blue.

Ok as stated this link is a good photo of all of the Cabanas. When booking with HAL you book by Cabana Color and HAL's colors differ on a couple from the pic...

http://static.flickr.com/108/296583013_6fa96f5e51_o.jpg

Here is a list of Cabana Number & HAL's colors. If anyone has stayed in one that was named differently let me know.

1 Taupe

2 Blue

3 Turquoise

4 Orange

5 Sky Blue

6 Purple

7 Peach

8 Pink

9 Egg Shell

10 Green

11 Gray

12 Yellow